Motherwell Vs Queens Park Discussion Thread

David

F*ck Rangers. F*ck games against the old firm.

Next weekend sees us back to the comfort of a 3pm Saturday kick-off, this time against Queens Park in the Scottish cup 4th round. This is a game that we should win, and one that we could with winning handily, try to boost some confidence after what looks like consecutive losses to both Hearts & Rangers.

We should see Jennings back for this game, which give him 90 minutes to lose any Christmas weight he may have gained during his holidays.

I'm hoping for at least 3 goals from the home side, and for Murphy to get on the scoresheet. That lad needs a confidence boost of some sort.

I can't see us losing, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we end up with a draw.

Nah sorry mate not being funny dunno if you were at the Clyde game but if you were you'll know what we're up against. We weren't great, had half a team out, two boys having their first start that haven't been seen since and a few other fringe players like Forbes, McHugh, Hollis & Page playing and cruised to a 4-0 win. We may be playing shite but we're still a million miles away from teams in the third.

This isn't some misplaced arrogance, I know two games are never the same and that we have to have the right attitude and do the basics but if this is less than 3-0 us I will be very surprised.

I just want to see some of the young boys getting a run out and a few fringe players with some of the first team as well of course, some decent fitba, hopefully see a bit of Ojamaa(if he signs) and finally a few fucking goals at home. If we can't score a few against this lot we really should worry.

But we will win, comfortably.

EDIT- :lol: Quoted myself, meant to quote David.

3-0 win for the 'Well and a safe passage to round five.

Where we get Rangers at Ibrox!!!! :lol:

Vengeance :whistling:

Going to this one! My cousins grandson is a mascot so I'm hoping for a decent win!

A rampage would be nice, but I'd take 4-0.

Randolph - Hutchison - Hateley - Hammell - Humphrey - Lasley - Law - Jennings - Omar - Murphy - Higdon

All out attack for me! 3-4-2-1 formation! 'Mon the 'Well! (It will never happen)

Saying that, with our home form, a 90th minute penalty to win it would be nice too evilgrin.gif

The Higdon thing is not working at present, regardless of the formation we are playing, why not next week try this.

Randolph - Hutchison - Hateley - Hammell- Page - Humphrey - Lasley - Law - Jennings - Omar - Murphy -

Murphy and Omar up top, Humphrey behind....Lasley... Jennings...Law.. through the middle.

Defence are the remaining. Something different. Might be worth a try.

Scottish Cup 4th round day! And really looking forward to it too!!

I'm a bit torn on what kind of side I'd like to see out.

It seems the kind of game to give the likes of Page, McHugh, Carswell and Forbes an opportunity. Could be useful to give Ojamaa a debut to settle himself in, if he has in fact signed and the papers are sorted.

There's the chance to coax the likes of Murph and Hump into the kind of form they are capable of and for perhaps Lasley and Craggs to rest up for what could be a busy few weeks ahead.

Of course that all has to be weighed up against the possibility, however slight, that we might find it a bit of a struggle. After Alloa and to a lesser extent Forfar I'm not going to be arrogantly dismissive of Queen's Park - they did beat Aberdeen a couple of years back too remember - but it should be a game we should comfortably win if we are up for it and on our game.

Hoping it will be one to enjoy with a Motherwell win with a few goals to spare.

Think the wheels will be firmly put back on the bus on Saturday. Cruise, 5-0, and confidence back in the side. Queen's Park are in the third division for a reason.

• Like 2