Motherwell Vs Queens Park Discussion Thread

David

Not wanting to jump the gun, but it looks to me that this new lad could be the missing link we have been looking for up top. The linking between him and humph looked good, not relying on a big cross but rather humphrey working the ball into the box and keeping it on the deck seemed to work realy well, and as we seen, what Henrik doesnt get murphy was there to pick up on.

Not wanting to jump the gun, but it looks to me that this new lad could be the missing link we have been looking for up top. The linking between him and humph looked good, not relying on a big cross but rather humphrey working the ball into the box and keeping it on the deck seemed to work realy well, and as we seen, what Henrik doesnt get murphy was there to pick up on.

Totally agree. His pace keeps him up with play and gives Humphrey more options if he gets past the fullback. Interesting to see if McCall gives it a try in a league game

Queens Park didn't double up on Humph and didn't have someone with pace matched against him - something that most SPL clubs that are now wise to his strengths do on a regular basis.

Humph pretty much had a free run when he came on yesterday that he wont get week in week out.

• Like 1

I'm desperate for us to come out raring to go and trying to kill the game as quickly as possible (not just cause i have a bet on a goal in the first 15) but because it will calm nerves and make for a better game where players can truly show the gulf in class. I HOPE :pleasantry:

17/10 goal 1-15 min

Goal 5 mins Stroll on easy money :drinks:

I cant believe some of the comments on here? (wait a min its a Motherwell forum).

We took an early lead then added to it and sat back a bit. We were playing a team with nothing to lose and predictably they threw everything at is but the gulf in class ensured we were never really under any real threat as we always had another gear to step up into if required. The judgment of the younger players is very harsh (there's a lot more to match fitness than fitness). 4-0 yes it flattered us slightly but hey ho job done and as i said i always felt we had another gear if required very much like the Dunfermline away game.

Job done and through so relax a bit folks.

• Like 1

Yes we're through, yes we scored three goals, yes I'm delighted because I'd love another crack at Hampden and yes I'm delighted becasue a few questions were answered yesterday......

........on these very boards there have been umpteen posters spouting pish like 'why is Forbes not playing', 'Forbes must be gutted to see Carsewell and Hughes play in front of him', 'give Page a shot Clancy is pish', give Page a shot beside Hutch, Craggs is done' etc etc, now we can put these comments to bed neither are good enough unfortunately and that is why McCall is continuing with the players who have played teh majority of the season. The biggest mystery for me is how the fuck Jim Gammon managed to make Forbes look effective and how he managed to score the goals that he did.

Hateley is a right-back and Clancy is better at Centre-back

Law continues to flatter to decieve in my opinion, and Jenno and Lasley are probably our two most important players.

McHugh isnt a right-sided attacker and Murphy is still an enigma.

Of the subs, I'd have preffered to see Lawless getting more minutes to garner some sort of opinion on him, Humphrey done well when he came on and Ojammaa (cannae quite bring myself to shout c'mon Henrik, like some of the rockets around me in the East Stand yesterday) also looked threatening although in both instances they came on when the 3rd Division amateurs were starting to tire so its difficult to gauge.

Yes, delighted to get through and you can only beat what is in front of you but I think McCall will have learned a lot about his team (and squad) yesterday.

Yes we're through, yes we scored three goals, yes I'm delighted because I'd love another crack at Hampden and yes I'm delighted becasue a few questions were answered yesterday......

........on these very boards there have been umpteen posters spouting pish like 'why is Forbes not playing', 'Forbes must be gutted to see Carsewell and Hughes play in front of him', 'give Page a shot Clancy is pish', give Page a shot beside Hutch, Craggs is done' etc etc, now we can put these comments to bed neither are good enough unfortunately and that is why McCall is continuing with the players who have played teh majority of the season. The biggest mystery for me is how the fuck Jim Gammon managed to make Forbes look effective and how he managed to score the goals that he did.

Hateley is a right-back and Clancy is better at Centre-back

Law continues to flatter to decieve in my opinion, and Jenno and Lasley are probably our two most important players.

McHugh isnt a right-sided attacker and Murphy is still an enigma.

Of the subs, I'd have preffered to see Lawless getting more minutes to garner some sort of opinion on him, Humphrey done well when he came on and Ojammaa (cannae quite bring myself to shout c'mon Henrik, like some of the rockets around me in the East Stand yesterday) also looked threatening although in both instances they came on when the 3rd Division amateurs were starting to tire so its difficult to gauge.

Yes, delighted to get through and you can only beat what is in front of you but I think McCall will have learned a lot about his team (and squad) yesterday.

Sorry to be pedantic but we scored 4 .Also as ano posted we always had the ability to step up another gear.

Personally never thought we were ever in any danger in this match. No disrespect to Queens as they did give a good account of themselfs, I dont think 4-0 flattered us at all, we scuppered some good chances from the first min with there keeper making some good saves from Daley, McHugh, Forbes and Lawless. They did have a fair amount of attempts at goal most of which were a fair distance from goal and only one really making Randy sweat. SMc setup the side to frustrate Queens Park and it worked a treat, it wasn't pretty to watch and was frustrating as a fan to watch but the main thing is we are through to the next round. So lets hope for another kind home draw.