Motherwell Vs Queens Park Discussion Thread

David

Should be a skoosh case, and if we struggle in this at all then it will be a disgrace. I'd like to see us score a few goals and get the boys motoring again, but I'd also like to see some of the fringe players get a run out as well, because as Steelboy alluded to some of them are entering a phase of their career where it really could be 'win or bust' time.

Randolph

Clancy Page Hutch Hammell

Jennings Forbes

Humphrey Lawless

McHugh Murphy

Pollok, Carswell and Ojamaa to all get a reasonable amount of gametime

• Like 1

Hopefully Queens Park come and make a good game of it, but at the end of the day, unless the players just don't turn up, our quality should see us set a comfortable 3 or 4 nil win. Hopefully get to see a bit of this Ojamaa aswell.

I'm hoping for easy progression to the next round as well as seeing a few of the fringe/younger players getting game time. Id like to see page, halsman, lawless, carswell and mchugh all get a good run out. ↲All these guys did fine against clyde so a repeat scorline would be ideal.

I'm hoping for easy progression to the next round as well as seeing a few of the fringe/younger players getting game time. Id like to see page, halsman, lawless, carswell and mchugh all get a good run out. ↲All these guys did fine against clyde so a repeat scorline would be ideal.

We cant afford the luxury of having a "cup team " and a " league team" i hope McCall picks his first choice starting 11 or as near to it as he can. Bring the fringe players on for a runout after the job has been done but not before. These games are about building confidence and getting back into the goal scoring habit, so there is no point in starting with players who wont be regulars week in week out in the league.

I would go:

Hollis - To give him a game

Hately - To get his confidence up at RB

Hutch - To Dominate the game

Clancy - Should bw gd enough at CB against QP

Halsman/Page - Someone to rest Hamster

Humphrey - Surely shld rip 3rd div LB a new a-hole

Jenno - Comeback game

Forbes - Possibly last chance.

Law - Lets see him back to early best

Murphy AND

Omar - Play both up front to smash the granny out them!

6 -0 'Well

I would go:

Hollis - To give him a game

Hately - To get his confidence up at RB

Hutch - To Dominate the game

Clancy - Should bw gd enough at CB against QP

Halsman/Page - Someone to rest Hamster

Humphrey - Surely shld rip 3rd div LB a new a-hole

Jenno - Comeback game

Law - Lets see him back to early best

Murphy AND

Omar - Play both up front to smash the granny out them!

6 -0 'Well

pretty sure Hollis is still oot. other than that i agree with that aquad

Tin hat on

I still struggle a bit with the overall approach to Forbes from the manager and the support.

He comes in like in the Celtic game at Fir park last year and has a really strong game in his natural position and he's dropped from a great height for the next game. And he's given nothing in terms of game time for yonks after that. When he does get the odd 10 mins - it's his last chance or he's failed to take his chance.

Why do we talk in terms of 'last chances' for Forbes but not for a few others who have been (quite understandably, because we're no Real Madrid) been offered a bit of slack, following a string of below par performances.

Played in the right position, particularly at home he could offer us something creative through the centre - because right now we're no' seeing it down the wings

Cue - the obligatory "Forbes is shite" posts

*sets stopwatch*

• Like 4

Tin hat on

I still struggle a bit with the overall approach to Forbes from the manager and the support.

He comes in like in the Celtic game at Fir park last year and has a really strong game in his natural position and he's dropped from a great height for the next game. And he's given nothing in terms of game time for yonks after that. When he does get the odd 10 mins - it's his last chance or he's failed to take his chance.

Why do we talk in terms of 'last chances' for Forbes but not for a few others who have been (quite understandably, because we're no Real Madrid) been offered a bit of slack, following a string of below par performances.

Played in the right position, particularly at home he could offer us something creative through the centre - because right now we're no' seeing it down the wings

*sets stopwatch*

He had a great game that day Steve ,the problem Forbes has is that although a talented player we have a manager that dosnt know how to change things round .

I hope to see Ojamaa get a good 30 minutes or so. McHugh and Higdon from the start?

That's how he went against Clyde, think he might go for the same again. Then hopefully if they both do well he might consider pairing them together in the league game against ICT the following week cause I think we're all a bit tired of Higdon being isolated up front by himself.

Tin hat on

*sets stopwatch*

Agree with your post mate....... thought he had a great game/mom against Smelik in the 2-0 humping :yahoo:

Why he never got a chance in the last few weeks before Hughes baffles me,or as somebody previously mentioned is thet far down the pecking order he is ????

Hope he takes his chance if given tommorow :thumbup:

What's up with Carswell? Was hoping he'd get the full 90 today, perhaps in partnership with Forbes to give Keith a rest. A couple for McHugh with Ojamaa to come off the bench and score on his debut.

I thought Forbes had a good game away to Saints when we won 1-0 aswell. Just out of a matter of interest how much game time has he had under SMc in total?

I really don't want to sound like a broken record but I genuinely don't think he has had a fair crack at it at all in his natural position. Yes he's slow but Hughes is hardly a flying machine and loads of people wax lyrical about his ability, pace doesn't always make a player.

Cue Busta with 'Forbes is pish you c***s are stupid ye all think he's Hagi' or something similar.

Forbes will suffer from not getting a good run in the team, the same as the likes of McHugh. Bringing someone in for one game and expecting them to hit the ground running is a bit ridiculous.

Players need game time to get themselves going, and Forbes is no different.