Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Back to league business at the weekend with the visit of Inverness. We have a referee officiating his first 'Well game in Bobby Madden, and from what I read he's quite decent as far as cards go.

I imagine that Ojamaa will start on the bench again, which will mean we probably start with the usual partnership of Murphy & Higdon.

Let's kick off this game the way we kicked off our season.

Same keeper, same back 4, same midfield (Law on the left infront of Hammell) and same front two with Murphy just dropping off Higdon.

Another 3-0 win will do me fine!

agreed. we should be lining up exactly as we did back in july with daley in for the humph to begin with.

if mccall sets out for another 4-5-1 borefest questions will have to be asked.

442 and a Lasley screamer would go down a treat.

I imagine Butcher will have his team well up for it. They weren't at the races on the 1st day of the season and were reportedly hard done by in our 2nd meeting. Inverness have looked very good on occassion in recent months. However David Davis is a signficant loss to them and I'm not sure if Andrew Shinnie has returned yet. Hayes will provide the main danger.

Inverness are a lot better now than they were in August so I'm expecting a tough match.

Davies going back down south is a bit of a blow for Tel but we'll still have to be on our toes to get a win on Saturday.

I think Daley is much more of a goal threat than Humphrey and Humphrey is better coming off the bench so I'd keep Daley in the side.

Time to change the formation, got to go 4..4.2....

Personel wont change and Higdon will slot straight back into start 11, that wont concern me, but slipping into the old formation would. Oj, Daley, Humphrey can provide the quick ball which is needed, to change our predictable home form.

Humphrey and OJ more cameo performances from the bench , and if it works on Saturday, start both of them for the Dunfirmline game at home . All guns blazing.

This is a good chance to extend the gap between us and the 5 teams right below us. I don't see any of those 5 teams picking up 3 points this coming week so if we can get a victory that gives us a wee bit more breathing space. Inverness have been a wee bit short on luck this season and I think if we can get a couple of goals in the first half their heads will go down.

Like one or two I have a lingering niggle in the back of my mind that perhaps Inverness might be due something against us.

But by the same token we've a fairly decent home record against them and we should go into the game in good spirits after last week's win. We also have a handful of the first team returning hopefully reinvigorated having sat last week out.

Tight game but 2-1 'Well.

I'm expecting a very tough game on Saturday, with the main danger being ICTs physicality and workrate which we'll have to match to get a positive result.

We were very fortunate to win up there a couple of months back, but hammered them on day one. Any sort of win will do me fine, but to achieve this we need Higdon, Lasley and Jennings back in the side. The midfield was weak, lightweight and lifeless last week, and I am desperate to see Nicky Law find his form again. If he does then I can only see one result.

I'm gojng to say 2-1 Well, but MJC could very well have an unusually correct prediction!!