Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Sorry but McCall got this one badly wrong. Clancy is a pish full back. Hateley is a pish midfielder. Why change?

Ref was a pure spazzy today but it's out own fault we lost. Someone should remind McCall that we have 4 players in our team called midfielders and start using them.

Awful performance, awful tactics all compounded by the fact that everyone bar McCall seemingly saw the goal coming about ten minutes before it came.

• Like 1

Speaks for itself that ICT had their first clean sheet of the season today.

McCall is farting aboot with the team, dont know why. Clancy right back and Hateley Midfield... Why?

Higdon... Dont know what to say. He can not play football and its hard to believe but i think he is even slower than Forbes.

Hately + Clancy can't play in same team, Hately can't play in midfield and I pick him over Clancy at left back, he's ok just Hately is better.

Don't know where to begin with Murphy, but if he needs a lift to crystal palace or wherever wants him I'll give him a lift and I won't even take petrol money.

I like Higdon, the thing is he has no support. Daly provided some but got taken off????? WHY??

Ojamma looked promising when he came on. If jennings isn't fit he shouldn't be on the bench, we shouldn't risk him.

• Like 1

Another shockingly bad home performance. We just about passed muster in the first half when we played the ball round well enough without causing too many worries for Inverness but the second half display was woeful from the very start. The players actually came out the tunnel looking lethargic and deflated and it only got worse from then on in.

Inverness were the better team and deserved to win and we need to have a serious look at the way our players and management team are performing at the moment.

No win since September is bad enough but a measly 4 league goals at home since the first game of the season back in JULY is absolutely pathetic.

I have nothing personal against Higdon but it is obviously not working as a system to play Higdon up front in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1. It is obviously not working to have our most talented player wide left when his best position is up front. It is obviously not working to use Tom Hateley in a midfield role when Lasley or Jennings are unavailable. It is obviously not working to keep Nicky Law in the side when he's hardly kicked a ball in months.

McCall waits far too long to make changes to the system and the personnel and when he does, such as today, he makes the wrong change.

It's not good enough. I realise our away form is much better but I've only been to two away matches this season and can honestly say, hand on heart, this is the poorest season since Maurice Malpas was in charge. It is absolutely garbage and I put the blame on a one dimensional and very negative managerial set up. It has to change because if it doesn't people just going to stop going to matches.

Home results since win over Hearts 7th August 2011.

0-3

0-3

1-0

0-0

1-2

0-0

0-1 (abandoned)

1-1

0-1

Four league goals at home since the start of Aug is a shocking statistic, the manager has to cop some of that flak with the way he sets the team up, especially at home.

Cannot remember Caley keeper having to make a save of any note today.

Better side won no question about that from me. Hearts seem to be channeling all their problems in the right direction as el.

All is not rosy in the FP garden at the moment.

Started promising but turned into a very poor performance and a terrible result. I too feel McCall got his team wrong. If Jennings or Lasley are out the team I think he makes changes that just don't work. Now down to fourth and I think we could struggle to keep that as St Johnstone are performing better. The home form has been poor for quite a while and if it wasn't for going to away games I'd be pretty scunnered with the standard of football I have watched this season.

Incidentally, I had a very brief chat with this forums least favourite SFL player (who was in the POD Stand) today. Wouldn't give too much away to be honest but appears to be keeping his options open.

The blame for that today and the last 4 or 5 performances and results lie at the door of McCall. He has no plan b, infact I'm not sure if he has a plan A. Higdon up front himself doesn't work. He's lazy and can't hold the ball up. On the rare occassion he wins a header there is no one within 30 yards of him. Murphy is a complete waste being played out wide and everyone apart from McCall knows that Hately isn't a midfielder. The treatment of Forbes and McHugh is a disgrace. They are plenty who fail to perform every week yet still get their game.

We are pi*h to watch, we are not being entertained and the results are dire. Only McCall can change that but he is either incapable or too arrogant to do it.

Fair play to Inverness, they have some good players, big strong players and a will to win. That is sadly lacking with some of our 'favourites' who we don't dare criticise.

Cue the Higdon and McCall happy clappy fan club!!!

Certain to be a tough match ,Inverness will cause our flat footed backtracking defenders all sorts of problems while our laboured over elaborate attacking play will cause there defenders little trouble .Going to be another frustrating day for the well fans and i fancy it will be third time lucky for Inverness, 0-1 for Butchers boys.

Sad to say I got it right ,cumbersome ,inept , flat footed an absolute footballing disaster darling ,McCall has turned us into a fuckin pub team .

Sorry but McCall got this one badly wrong. Clancy is a pish full back. Hateley is a pish midfielder. Why change?

Ref was a pure spazzy today but it's out own fault we lost. Someone should remind McCall that we have 4 players in our team called midfielders and start using them.

Awful performance, awful tactics all compounded by the fact that everyone bar McCall seemingly saw the goal coming about ten minutes before it came.

Totally agree we never got going in the second half and the subs were a joke ,althogh we lost a poor goal I thoght it was Craggs best game of the season .Why McCall

kept halp pace Hately and Higdon on beggars belief .I don't remember us having a striker that only wants to lay the ball off and not have a go at goal .I think if big Randy

gets injured Hately will be in goals ,he's been tried about every where else, and please can we have anyone else taking charge of dead ball situations .

The blame for that today and the last 4 or 5 performances and results lie at the door of McCall. He has no plan b, infact I'm not sure if he has a plan A. Higdon up front himself doesn't work. He's lazy and can't hold the ball up. On the rare occassion he wins a header there is no one within 30 yards of him. Murphy is a complete waste being played out wide and everyone apart from McCall knows that Hately isn't a midfielder. The treatment of Forbes and McHugh is a disgrace. They are plenty who fail to perform every week yet still get their game.

We are pi*h to watch, we are not being entertained and the results are dire. Only McCall can change that but he is either incapable or too arrogant to do it.

Fair play to Inverness, they have some good players, big strong players and a will to win. That is sadly lacking with some of our 'favourites' who we don't dare criticise.

Cue the Higdon and McCall happy clappy fan club!!!

Totally sums it up for me! At the start of the season simply picking the same 11 every week and getting the luck was enough, now the luck has run out and some players aren't performing and he has no clue what to do. We seemed to have no actual game plan today and it was horrible to watch yet again.

Wasnt convinced by McCall at the start and looks like he's just now got the tactical awareness needed to be a manager, a good coach / assistant perhaps but not a manager.

Worst result of the season and I can't say I'm even remotely surprised. I've only been to 2 away games this season (Love street, and Tynecastle) but I've been to every home game and Inverness, Hearts and I suppose Celtic aside, not only have the tactics been completely ineffective, it has been absolutely torture to watch.

No wins at home in 4 months, 7 goals in 10 games, 3 of which were on the first game of the season, so that's 4 goals in 9 games! That's fucking embarrassing.

How many points do people think we will get from our games in hand?

The writing has been on the wall for months so when will the penny drop for McCall?

• Like 2

Bit of a pisser that.

Don't think we did enough to win but equally a bit harsh to lose. Some might say it sort of evened out the win up in Inverness but I don't know.

Thought we started quite brightly but the longer things went on the more we seemed run out of ideas and creativity. Whilst we had most of the game they seemed to be the ones getting more shots in. Albeit the majority of those efforts were pretty straight forward stuff for Randy to deal with, it wasn't that much of a surprise that one of them eventually found its way in.

Tight margins when you think that Daley and Tade find themselves in broadly similar positions. Daley sends his effort skywards and Tade near bursts the net and they get the points.

Getting into sour grapes territory our first dealings with Bobby Madden will have hardly endeared him to 'Well fans with one stick one penalty claim in the second half ignored having already waved away a decent claim in the first. Is he allergic to giving handball's or something?

Not for the want of trying today but the result, and a third league game without a goal, does crank the pressure up a little to stem the tide and a trip to Tannadice leaves me a little unsure of if we're going remedy that at the first opportunity.

Poor again today. as been said no plan b from mcall. Crags, higdon, murphy all need a boot up the arse and dropped.

Have never been a Higdon fan but thats me had enough now - utter utter pish today. Yes he's top scorer etc etc but hes only good when it's put on a plate to him. He too often tries these flick ons which are great when they work but simply don't work 9/10. Daley could do his job only with more ability and mobility.

Worst Motherwell front line since we went through a spell where skippy couldn't buy a goal and he was playing alongside an absolute humpy in Jim Hamilton.

McCalls signing policy has left us far too one dimensional which makes our early form unsustainable. A hard working team can get you so far in a game but we simply dont possess a centre forward that offers pace or movement to keep a defence on its toes.

Hopefully we can embark upon a decent cup run to brighten up a sticky second half to the league campaign.