Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Woeful stuff. Can't remember Esson having to make a save. Should probably have had a couple of penalties, but we created nothing to say we deserved 3 points.

Anyone know what the "supporter" in the Cooper said to Randolph that got Randy's back up? Somehow missed it myself, but heard Randolph offered to meet the guy outside after the game, then was over at full time trying to get into the stand to have a word. No doubt one of these people that thinks abusing their own players is fine and has no negative effect...

Woeful stuff. Can't remember Esson having to make a save. Should probably have had a couple of penalties, but we created nothing to say we deserved 3 points.

Anyone know what the "supporter" in the Cooper said to Randolph that got Randy's back up. Somehow missed it myself, but heard Randolph offered to meet the guy outside after the game, then was over at full time trying to get into the stand to have a word. No doubt one of these people that thinks abusing their own players is fine and has no negative effect...

Abusing randolph? Thats mental, easily the best player in our team!

Anyone know what the "supporter" in the Cooper said to Randolph that got Randy's back up. Somehow missed it myself, but heard Randolph offered to meet the guy outside after the game, then was over at full time trying to get into the stand to have a word. No doubt one of these people that thinks abusing their own players is fine and has no negative effect...

The "supporter" in the DC shouted to Randolph "why are you kicking it up in the air ya prick " or something close to.

At least he had a bit of fire in his belly at the end. Something that is SERIOUSLY lacking in our team at the moment and to be fair for a good few weeks now. Get some wheeling and dealing done McCall and freshen things up before our season goes tits up. Higdon Murphy and Humphrey can leave as far as im concerned during the window and get 2 decent forward players in. :mellow:

We were the better team in the first half and created two great chances. All Daley had to do was pick his spot from the edge of the box having got himself into a good positon but blazed wildly over. Then Murphy was in 1 on 1 with Esson and took too long before trying to round him and when he realised he'd made a mess of it he threw hiimself to the floor. Should have been booked.

2nd halff, just piss poor. ICT weren't great but

Today, ict had plenty shots at our goal, 1 of them went in. As usual, we were shot shy, if you dont take a shot, you cant score, simple as that.

This. Tade ain't a great player but he had a go and he scored. One goal was always going to be enough.

McCall's tactics were baffiling. We had no right winger as Law was constantly wondering into traffic leaving Clancy having to do his best Cafu impression. Lasley and Hateley didn't work, although in fairness to Hateley he wasn't any worse than Lasley. Folk can slate Higdon all they want but until he gets a partner or some support he'll get no abuse from me. Today again he won countless header's and flick ons and there was no one fucking there. Then as everyone could see ICT getting on top and the goal coming and changes needed McCall waits until after they score to do anything. By this point ICT had the lead, were happy to sit back and soak up the pressure and leftt little space for Humphrey or Ojamaa. Why Daley went off when he was having a better game than Murphy I'll never know. At least Ojamaa showed a bit of urgency. Then came the coup de grace, bringing on a clearly unfit Jennings for the last 5 minutes. I mean come on to fuck, McHugh must have been scratching his head along with the rest of the stadium.

McCall still has my support and I won't overeact by calling for his head etc. However if after this he seriously can't see it isn't working for home he'll quickly lose it. Another game like this against Dunfermline next week and I might cry.

As for our support, I'm not suprised Randolph wanting to kick that twat's head in at the end. I heard some fucking shocking shouts today from some clueless fuckwits. Piss off you c***s.

I can't be entirely sure but it sounded like a "derogatory term for an Irish Catholic". Guy shouted abuse at him after his sliced clearance from the throw in that came to him, I think. Randolph informed the steward who seemed completely ignorant and returned to staring into space. God help us if there's an emergency and he's on duty. End of the game, he hopped the barrier and tried to go have a word.

Thankfully the fans leaving the Cooper held him back. As good as it would be to see some of these pricks get their comeuppance, it would end up with the club all over the papers and Randolph in trouble. If Randy wants to report the issue, he's got every right but it's probably for the best that he didn't get a chance to go toe to toe!

Higdon didn't do much wrong today

Agreed Steve. I lost count of the number of times he was fouled, yet got nothing. Or won the ball and had no-one within 20 yards to find. Or won a flick on but no-one was running behind to try to get onto it.

Higdon's not the problem. He had a decent game today, played some cracking passes and was one of the few actually putting a tackle in when tracking runners. Daley could do with taking tips from him on how to track a man.

In saying that, if we want to get the benefit of his play, McCall needs to be playing someone closer to him with instructions to anticipate his flick ons and trying to get in behind.

I can't be entirely sure but it sounded like a "derogatory term for an Irish Catholic". Guy shouted abuse at him after his sliced clearance from the throw in that came to him, I think. Randolph informed the steward who seemed completely ignorant and returned to staring into space. God help us if there's an emergency and he's on duty. End of the game, he hopped the barrier and tried to go have a word.

Thankfully the fans leaving the Cooper held him back. As good as it would be to see some of these pricks get their comeuppance, it would end up with the club all over the papers and Randolph in trouble. If Randy wants to report the issue, he's got every right but it's probably for the best that he didn't get a chance to go toe to toe!

He called him a prick

It's not the end of the world although as we've alluded to a number of times we need to find a way of playing at home.

We're being too loyal to some players and not giving others a decent shot at things.

I hope this week is a constructive, open and honest week at the training ground and I hope McCall and Black get the time to sit down and get their heads together on Plans B, C and D

There are a couple of guys on the fringes that are just never gonna cut if for McCall (not all I agree with) However he needs to try and fix them up with other clubs - for their sake as well as allowing us space on the wage bill for McCall to afford himself some players to have in the team / on the bench that he is prepared to use in a match situation.

There's no panic - but McCall is beginning to be affected by his limitations.

• Like 1

:whistling: Change a winning team and look what happens, Not won an SPL game since Humphrey dropped, he brings something to the team, which is clearly missing at present.

Come on Mccall stop hiding him away during the transfer window>>>> ring the changes for the next match.

• Like 1

Agreed Steve. I lost count of the number of times he was fouled, yet got nothing. Or won the ball and had no-one within 20 yards to find. Or won a flick on but no-one was running behind to try to get onto it.

Higdon's not the problem. He had a decent game today, played some cracking passes and was one of the few actually putting a tackle in when tracking runners. Daley could do with taking tips from him on how to track a man.

In saying that, if we want to get the benefit of his play, McCall needs to be playing someone closer to him with instructions to anticipate his flick ons and trying to get in behind.

Also agree. Find it baffling that some folk are having a go at Higdon, but then some just have it in for him, end of story.

The guy won loads of headers & flick ons. Not his fault if his teammates aren't near him/not in position to take advantage of his good work. Not quite sure what people are expecting Higdon to do with the punts up to him? Bring the ball down under control while under pressure, beat a couple of defenders and skelp it into the top corner?

I thought he held the ball up very well too. He certainly had a couple of slack passes, but he appears to be doing everything McCall is asking of him (it's not up to him to provide assists for his own scoring opportunities).

another joke home performance same shitey tactics and big punts up the park being used yet again its time for mccall to wise up cause its clearly not working.nicky law has been at his best when played on the left of midfield him and hammell had a really good understanding but now mccall seems intend on playing him anywhere other than the left side while wasting murphy at the same time.im not higdons biggest fan but some of the service he gets at times is shocking fuck knows was hes expected to do when all hes getting is aimless punts up the park as for hateley hes should never be moved from right back as a midfielder hes a total watse of time