Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

I genuinely think that the fans are close to losing the players respect and vice versa. Thats a few times I've seen or heard the players react to things from the stand. No use to anybody.

Even our singing section at the bottom is losing its vigour and bounce. Im not really enjoying going to the football at the moment.

The arseholes that abuse our players are a fukin embarassment. It must be like playing an away game with some of the c***s in our support.

• Like 1

Pish performance dire home statistics.

Higdon i feel sorry for him why is Mccall so intent playing him as an assist striker when we have no nippy forwards to latch onto his flicks?

Murphy is best wide cutting in and attacking but seems to be restricted to doing what he does best?

Daley tries hard but isn't really that good and Humphrey's flatters to deceive great pace sod all end product.

Hatley ffs stop trying to score from corners you may get 1 but Christ you're wasting hundred's before it, 8 corners today and i cant remember a real threat on target from any of them.

Nicky law lets be fair and just say it wasn't a great game.

Don't want to go over the top with ever single player and be over critical but i feel these are the ones that can win us games and the points i have mentioned need to be addressed. Or we can just forget Europe right now.

The players said they wanted to put recent performances right and were itching to do so (forget the queens game that doesn't count) I sure as fuk didn't see that in the players today as we were out fought out thought and out played we deserved fuck all.

The sign of a great team is not what they win but how high they can bounce back after defeat. Please prove me wrong?

Strange sort of performance as I think back and think we were awful and then think about how many mistakes did the players make and I can't think of many. So if the players didn't make many mistakes and we didn't create many good chances at home to a team who haven't kept a clean sheet all season till today the blame has to lie with the gaffer. Tactics wrong, too one dimensional and just impotent. We need a goal scorer to play with Higdon. Inverness defended reasonably well and scored a fantastic goal. To be honest over the piece I don't think they really did enough to deserve to win but we did that to them up there. And that was a clear penalty for a push on Higdon in the first half which could have given our lot the belief back, the other shouts we had were less clear.

Hatley ffs stop trying to score from corners you may get 1 but Christ you're wasting hundred's before it, 8 corners today and i cant remember a real threat on target from any of them.

Was talking with someone before the game about how Hateley always tries to score from corners and what a waste they are. However, after we'd had a few corners in the first half (4?) we both commented that his delivery had been a lot better and I thought we were causing them problems from them. From what I remember in the first half there was a scrambled clearance, the Higdon penalty shout where he was shoved when it looked like he was about to get a great heading chance, Hutchinson mistiming a header when the ball hit his body instead, also Clancy should maybe have done better with a header over the top. Maybe those were all from outswingers... but I certainly don't remember him trying to score from one today.

Guy shouted, "stop punting the ball up the park ya dick". He just kept turning round then had a word with the steward and jumped over the wall at the end. Was surprised to see him react like that but suppose if thats coming from the home support then it is a bit OTT.

As for the performance, hateley should be played at right back, higdon is too isolated and murphy hasn't done anything for months, WHY THE FUCK did he not shoot when he was through 1-on-1???? That was our only chance of the game and he fucked it. Surely this has got to be Craigans last season, just looks so awkward on the ball on the time and looks like anyhting could happen when hes got the ball.

The arseholes that abuse our players are a fukin embarrassment. It must be like playing an away game with some of the c***s in our support.

While i agree abusing our own players isn't constructive, i can see why he may have done it. We all agree it was a shit performance today and paying punters WILL get frustrated at players seemingly taking the wages and not being too bothered about being beaten. I started a thread a while ago about the lack of dig i felt in this team. The guy may have been out of order i was other side of the cooper and missed most of it but if going by this forum and the guy called him a dick or prick near the end of a game we were totally crap in, the i fully understand his frustration. For Randolph to want to square go the guy shows a loss of professionalism IMO (tin hat on) really he should be embarrassed at the result then again for his dummy out the pram attitude :ph34r: You take a bit of stick as a footballer, you cant have everyone singing you're name when your wonderful then not expect shit when you're crap by him i mean the entire team.

And before anyone says im defending the guy abusing him IM NOT. i just think Randolph totally lost his professionalism.

Completely missed this and to be fair to Randolph he was going long because there was nobody showing short and last week when he went short he was getting booed then as well. However you cannot react. Yes its fine to disagree with any arsehole in the crowd (me included!) but you can't get involved as it brings unwarranted attention from police, Vincent Lunny or whoever else take a view on it. Your behaviour in that sort of incident has to be beyond reproach and I'm a bit disappointed he reacted though the man in the crowd is clearly 1) a loudmouth and 2) knows precious little about football.

All is fine fellow well fans cause we are third sorry fourth in the league . :woop:

Obviously all isn't well, Jim, but the fact is that we are still top six and in the Scottish cup.

We're going through a bad spell at the moment, things just aren't clicking as they did earlier in the season, but it has to be said that every team goes through a slump during the season.

I'm sure McCall is the man to turn it around and keep us on course for a top six (hopefully top four) finish. Talk of his removal is a fucking joke.

Was talking with someone before the game about how Hateley always tries to score from corners and what a waste they are. However, after we'd had a few corners in the first half (4?) we both commented that his delivery had been a lot better and I thought we were causing them problems from them. From what I remember in the first half there was a scrambled clearance, the Higdon penalty shout where he was shoved when it looked like he was about to get a great heading chance, Hutchinson mistiming a header when the ball hit his body instead, also Clancy should maybe have done better with a header over the top. Maybe those were all from outswingers... but I certainly don't remember him trying to score from one today.

So what threat on target were they ?

Bit of a pisser that.

Don't think we did enough to win but equally a bit harsh to lose. Some might say it sort of evened out the win up in Inverness but I don't know.

Thought we started quite brightly but the longer things went on the more we seemed run out of ideas and creativity. Whilst we had most of the game they seemed to be the ones getting more shots in. Albeit the majority of those efforts were pretty straight forward stuff for Randy to deal with, it wasn't that much of a surprise that one of them eventually found its way in.

Tight margins when you think that Daley and Tade find themselves in broadly similar positions. Daley sends his effort skywards and Tade near bursts the net and they get the points.

Getting into sour grapes territory our first dealings with Bobby Madden will have hardly endeared him to 'Well fans with one stick one penalty claim in the second half ignored having already waved away a decent claim in the first. Is he allergic to giving handball's or something?

Not for the want of trying today but the result, and a third league game without a goal, does crank the pressure up a little to stem the tide and a trip to Tannadice leaves me a little unsure of if we're going remedy that at the first opportunity.

Probably the most accurate post/reaction to the game i have read.

We were on top in the 1st half and the players DID look up for it initially. ICT did threaten occasionally but that is to be expected. That said we don't have a lot of goals in the team and when the other team scores first it is a real struggle. I would like to see the stats for the games we have won and lost depending on who scores the 1st goal. Seems to me that if we score 1st we grow in confidence, but if we concede it has the opposite effect.

Law has gone off the boil and I would award Murphy the freedom of Motherwell in the highly unlikely event he ever wins a 50-50 tackle/challenge.

The only good thing is that we are 4th with a couple of games in hand. Likelihood is that Hearts will finish 3rd despite their problems.

If we continue to play like we did in the second half at home we will be lucky to finish top 6, which after the start we have had would be a HUGE let down.

So what threat on target were they ?

None were due to players not doing better with chances (Clancy & Hutchinson) or players being fouled (Higdon) and so the issue wasn't delivery. I was just pointing out that Hateley's delivery was improved on recent showings and stating that I couldn't remember him trying to score from any corners today as you had said/implied.

Obviously I agree that he should cut out trying to score from corners altogether.

Higdon didn't do much wrong today

Few players did much wrong today, Felt perhaps Las could've positioned himself better prior to Thade's goal, perhaps when Craggs was behind him doing exactly what he should've been doing Las could've moved to cover the humongous space to the right of him.

Story of the game really for all our possession and passing we couldn't score (Deja-Vu anyone) They had 1 good chance and scored.

This was an entirely predictable performance yesterday and the sad truth is that we were beaten before kick off. Our home record this season is nothing short of abysmal, so why persevere with the same unsuccessful starting 11, formation and tactics? All our usual weaknesses were plain for all to see. Substitutions were far too late, and just wrong. Puzzled as to why Steve Jennings was on the bench at all if not fit. Equally as puzzling was his introduction approaching FT.

We are now 4th although I wouldn't bet that we'll remain there if this current form dip continues. We now have 4 big games coming up - all winnable on paper. Stuart McCall has to turn things around at home quickly or he will lose the support of the fans.

This was an entirely predictable performance yesterday and the sad truth is that we were beaten before kick off. Our home record this season is nothing short of abysmal, so why persevere with the same unsuccessful starting 11, formation and tactics? All our usual weaknesses were plain for all to see. Substitutions were far too late, and just wrong. Puzzled as to why Steve Jennings was on the bench at all if not fit. Equally as puzzling was his introduction approaching FT.

We are now 4th although I wouldn't bet that we'll remain there if this current form dip continues. We now have 4 big games coming up - all winnable on paper. Stuart McCall has to turn things around at home quickly or he will lose the support of the fans.

Good post mate.

Its a bit like Groundhog day the performances at home this season ,I'm looking at things as a season ticket holder who mostly only gets to home games and with the exception of one or two games its been as bad as anything Ive seen for a wee while. Ive seen very little to praise or commend and if our away form mirrored our home form McCall would be long gone. Sorry if this upsets some but I have little faith in our present management team who are now being found out big time.

Ive seen very little to praise or commend and if our away form mirrored our home form McCall would be long gone.

And if your aunt sported a penis she'd be your uncle. The simple truth of the matter is that our away form doesn't mirror our home form.

Here's a question for you. If the results we have had so far at home & away were reversed and we were still in the cup and sitting fourth would there be as much negativity towards McCall?

I've said before that if we want to finish in the top four we need to be winning games at home against the likes of St Mirren, Inverness & Kilmarnock, and I stand by that. If McCall can turn it around and get us a top four finish along with a Scottish cup quarter or even semi-final place then I think that would mark a superb season.

If we don't pick up our home form and finish fifth and get papped out of the cup at the quarter-final stage then it's been a good season.

A top six finish is the measuring stick for McCall (or any other manager we bring in). If he secures that then he's done fine by me. If we find ourselves fighting off relegation with Hibs & Dunfermline then I'll revise my position on the guy.

Yesterday's performance was very poor. The team have no confidence in their play, No method of play, I sit in the cooper and NO ONE was willing to make runs off the ball! This long ball up the park isn't working. What's the difference from the start of the season? Answer, we were keeping the ball playing a passing game, everyone wanted the ball, not now, ICT deserved their win, by far the better team.

I feel as if I say this after every home game, but that was fucking dire again yesterday. 1st half I felt we were decent, but the 2nd half was atrocious.

I still back McCall as overall this season has been successful thus far but if he doesnt sort out some of the fundamentals soon then we are going to slide down this league and throw away any hope of another European adventure.

Personally, I'd drop Craigan, a fucking bombscare every time the ball is at his feet, and got turned by Tade as though he wasnt there. I'd play Clancy at centre-back beside Hutch and get Hateley back to right back (the only position he can effectively play in my opinion). The sooner Jenno is match fit, the better, he runs our team for us.

Onto the attacking side of our 'team', where do I start? If Randy wants to square go a zoomer in the Cooper Stand for calling him a 'dick/prick' then I can only applaude Higdon for his self-control. Dont believe my avatar, I dont think he is a fantastic player but at our level he is a very good targetman/goalscorer and yesterday for me he was the best player in our side (1st half certainly), hardly lost a header and (most) of his link up play was good. Tade fucks a belter into the top bin, Higdon plays a stray pass soon after and the remedials in the East Stand start fucking screaming abuse as if they were waiting all match for a chance, it was fucking ridiculous particularly when you have the same said remedials giving Murphy, Daley and Law an easy ride. The service to Higdon, and into the box in general, was abysmal.

McCall must be able to see that this formation (and use of certain players) isnt working, Law looked pretty good when 1st signed but has been honking of late, Daley is lazy and just doesnt do it for me at all and to be perfectly honest I forgot that Murphy was playing, totally wasted playing at left-midfield.

p.s. the referee had a dreadful match, its nothing new to see Higdon get nothing from officials but at times I thought the Caley players were given permission to use their hands/arms to control the ball

p.p.s. what has happened to the Wellboys/ultras/choir (or whatever their called these days), start of the season they brought a bit of colour and noise to Fir Park but have been posted missing for a while now and got outsung by a bus-load from Inverness

p.p.p.s. Maurice Malpas is fucking wank

• Like 2

I can only comment on what Im watching and paying good money for at firpark David and its poor to say the least. Since a good opening day win [3-0] against Inverness Ive seen 3 league goals very few chances created and some awfull football.But i now realise I need to shut up pay my money and accept it.

• Like 1

Yesterday's performance was very poor. The team have no confidence in their play, No method of play, I sit in the cooper and NO ONE was willing to make runs off the ball! This long ball up the park isn't working. What's the difference from the start of the season? Answer, we were keeping the ball playing a passing game, everyone wanted the ball, not now, ICT deserved their win, by far the better team.

ICT may well have deserved their win and lord knows they were due a break against us, but to suggest they were by far the better team is IMHO bollox! We were the better side in the 1st half, had more possession and but for another wonder strike (a la Goodwin) it would probably have ended 0-0. We were poorer in the 2nd half and that was disappointingand is ultimately why we lost the game.

I can only comment on what Im watching and paying good money for at firpark David and its poor to say the least. Since a good opening day win [3-0] against Inverness Ive seen 3 league goals very few chances created and some awfull football.But i now realise I need to shut up pay my money and accept it.

No one is saying that. You simply go way over the top. It's nowhere near as bad as you're making out.