Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

I'm concerned about the wellbeing of some of you and suggest that you mibbez stay in the house of a Saturday.

True the fitbas not great but it's hardly 'unacceptable' - disappointing mibbe - but definitely not unacceptable.

There can't be a discussion about our form without considering the size of the squad, the type of formation teams play at Fir Park compared to the way they do when they're at home.

I've stated in a number of threads that I'd like to see McCall handle a couple of things differently and many others have stated that they would like loads done differently.

Some of our players are off the ball / jaded - a lot of them have been ever presents. Every single player in the UK no matter how many millions they cost dip in form. Fortunately for some of them their manager is able to replace them with another multi million pound player. Quite frankly - as much as I bang on about freshening things up - we have to realise we're extremely limited in what we can do.

Teams come to Fir Park and sit in these days (as opposed to under Broon when we sat in - noo that really was unacceptable) and while early in the season the way we were playing was fresh and bringing a bit of success - teams after one round of games have the rest of the teams sussed. Players like Law are sussed - there are always two men on Humph and Murphy.

We get more success away from home the way we set up - and that's not unique to us either a lot of teams are finding it better counter a more open opponent away than breaking down a more defensive set up at home.

If we can't take these things into account then we're no really looking at the big picture.

I've been disappointed in our approach and application in a couple of games especially against the old firm - however in general at Fir Park I see a team that's going out and at least trying to be positive and win games. Anyone who has supported us in the past few decades cant put their hand on their heart and say that that's always been the case.

Disappointing - Aye

Unacceptable - Naw

Outstanding post Steve, a wee bit of sanity amongst much losing of heads!

Some of our players are off the ball / jaded - a lot of them have been ever presents. Every single player in the UK no matter how many millions they cost dip in form. Fortunately for some of them their manager is able to replace them with another multi million pound player. Quite frankly - as much as I bang on about freshening things up - we have to realise we're extremely limited in what we can do.

As long as I've watched Motherwell (and that's been a long long time) we've always seemed to suffer the inevitable dip in form around the turn of the year. Admittedly, I don't get a chance to go to that many games these days, but the form will improve sooner rather than later.

I'm not unduly worried.

'Mon the 'Well.

Thankfully I had a night out on Saturday and managed to forget about how bad that game was, particularly the second half.

Few things to get off my chest

1) Hately is a right-back or right-mid at most. DEFINITELY NOT a central mid

2) Higdon has had his moments this season, Saturday was DEFINITELY NOT one of them. Painfully slow, well off the pace and his touch was abysmal.

3) Omar and Murphy had little moments, seemed to be on a different wavelength from the rest of the team

4) Central mid was non-existent

I may be tempted to just go for a few pints next home game.