Bill Dickie Passes Away

David

A true Motherwell fan who will be sadly missed, he worked very hard for the club over the years, especially with the ground improvements and the new South and cooper stands. I only spoke to him on a few occasions but he was a true gentleman.

Condolences to all the family, A sad loss to scottish football.

Bill Dickie was a lucky man, a very lucky man indeed.

Now, I certainly do not wish to belittle him with that statement.

What I mean is; he was a fan of his local football club and was fortunate enough to live the dream of having a 30yr input to his beloved Football club, including the designing of the South and Cooper Stands. While I've been a critic of the South Stand, it and the Cooper are certainly quite a legacy to leave behind. One I'm sure we'd all be envious of.

Hope you get the jist of what I'm trying to say, albeit not very well, sorry.

RIP Bill

• Like 3

I'm saddened by this news. Bill served the club well for decades and was a real fan too. I spoke to him on a good few occasions and always found him to be a real gent. Always ready and willing to help out when needed. He will be missed. Condolences to his family, friends and colleagues at Fir Park.

Really sad news. He was a frequent visitor to my place of work and always took the time to pass the time of day and have a quick chat about the 'Well.

He was one of the last remaining links at FP to my childhood days going to FP in the early '70s. A true gentleman in every sense of the word and a stalwart and diehard for MFC. His presence at the club will be well missed.

Bill will be sadly missed by all who knew him (inside and outside FP) and my sincere condolences go to his family.

Can't remember having any personal dealings with him apart from occasionally bumping into him around the club it's amazing to think that from the season I started to regularly attend Motherwell matches (1986) to this weekend, Bill Dickie was there behind the scenes (and sometimes in front of the scenes!) working away for the club. That's an incredible period of service for the club.

I think when I remember Bill Dickie it will be in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup win and how pleased he was to win the trophy, he obviously enjoyed it as much as any player or fan.

This legacy will be the history of the club over the last 30 years. From being a lower division team to achieving promotion and staying there, winning the Scottish Cup, qualifying for European football for the first time in our history, finishing 2nd and 3rd in the league on a number of occasions - I'm sure his name will be always linked to a 'golden era' in the history of Motherwell.

A great loss to the club. I met him a few times through work and he always had the ability to think on his feet. Apart from that I will always remember him enjoying the trip to Nancy not so long ago. Thoughts are with his family and friends

Can't remember having any personal dealings with him apart from occasionally bumping into him around the club it's amazing to think that from the season I started to regularly attend Motherwell matches (1986) to this weekend, Bill Dickie was there behind the scenes (and sometimes in front of the scenes!) working away for the club. That's an incredible period of service for the club.

I think when I remember Bill Dickie it will be in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup win and how pleased he was to win the trophy, he obviously enjoyed it as much as any player or fan.

This legacy will be the history of the club over the last 30 years. From being a lower division team to achieving promotion and staying there, winning the Scottish Cup, qualifying for European football for the first time in our history, finishing 2nd and 3rd in the league on a number of occasions - I'm sure his name will be always linked to a 'golden era' in the history of Motherwell.

I can remember waiting for my ticket for the 1991 Cup Final and the tickets were being sold from a wee window to the side of the main entrance of the main stand.

(No ticket office in those days). There were thousands waiting to get tickets and when I got to the front there was Bill Dickie, the Chairman, selling the Cup Final tickets, he must have been there for hours.

When I travelled to Denmark for the Odense game as I was having a breakfast beer, Bill spotted the me,with my Well top and kilt on, and came over for a chat.

He was certainly a true Well fan and always stopped for a blether about the Well.

His enthusiasm will be missed, I hope his family and friends can find comfort at this time.

He'll be going to Well heaven alongside Davie Cooper, Phil O'Donnell, Jamie Dolan and Paul McGrillen and every other Well fan or player who has passed away.