Bill Dickie Passes Away

David

Agreed with all the sentiments above. Sad Times. Perhaps in time the South Stand will finally get a name after all these years, 'The Bill Dickie Stand', he did design the monster afterall!

This.

was saddened to hear of Mr Bill Dickie passing away during the week,

my condolences go out to his close friends and family,

Motherwell Football club has lost a few great servants in recent years, fans who got to live a little part of a dream, giving time and passion to help shape the club into what it is

I never had many dealings with him, and I'm sure he's disagreed with many a wellfan on certain matters in the past, but as others have said he was always there or thereabouts for functions or matches and was always happy to chat about all things MFC and as Andy P mentioned earlier, he went out his way at new Love St. earlier in the season to save some random wellfans a few quid as well as taking a few moments to help encourage another youngster.

RIP Bill

He was Mr Motherwell, spoke briefly with him on a few European adventures, we used to call him Mr Wispy due to the hair, it would be nice if Mr Boyle although not with the club anymore said a few words to remember the great man. The shout for the South Stand being named after him is also fitting as he has done more than POD and Davie Cooper for Motherwell FC off the field, thing is what happens when we run out of stands to rename, RIP Bill.