Time Running Out For Mccall ?

postiejim

not scoring in 9 out of 21 league games is pathetic.

we've haven't scored in any of our last 3 league games yet jamie murphy who has scored more goals for the club than anyone else in the squad hasn't played 1 minute as a striker. daley is worth his place in the team but he has played his whole career as a winger and is never a striker. law has been on the decline since he moved off the left wing yet he mccall won't put him back there.

higdon is a complete waste of space. the usual suspects will no doubt be lining up with the same 'top scorer' patter but he contributes nothing. what about the 15 spl games he's played when he didn't score? the guy is hopeless, every time we get the ball teams have time to get every man back because playing it early to higdon is not an option.

we have barely created a chance in 3 months.

kilmarnock - one decent chance via jenno. dire otherwise

ict - we scored 3 goals from 2 on target. one shot on target from open play.

celtic - scored from a set piece, forster barely made a save

aberdeen - 2 goals from 3 shots.

dundee united - pathetic

hibs - pathetic

st johnstone - our best performance in the last 3 months but still poor going forward. 1 goal from enckelman and 1 from a deflection.

st mirren - we created fuck all but higdon scored one and missed one from 5 yards.

hearts - never threatened.

rangers - never threatened

ict - the keeper didn't make a save.

we've been awful for months but mccall has barely reacted. i don't want him sacked but he needs to stop the decline.

• Like 1

not scoring in 9 out of 21 league games is pathetic.

we've haven't scored in any of our last 3 league games yet jamie murphy who has scored more goals for the club than anyone else in the squad hasn't played 1 minute as a striker. daley is worth his place in the team but he has played his whole career as a winger and is never a striker. law has been on the decline since he moved off the left wing yet he mccall won't put him back there.

higdon is a complete waste of space. the usual suspects will no doubt be lining up with the same 'top scorer' patter but he contributes nothing. what about the 15 spl games he's played when he didn't score? the guy is hopeless, every time we get the ball teams have time to get every man back because playing it early to higdon is not an option.

we have barely created a chance in 3 months.

kilmarnock - one decent chance via jenno. dire otherwise

ict - we scored 3 goals from 2 on target. one shot on target from open play.

celtic - scored from a set piece, forster barely made a save

aberdeen - 2 goals from 3 shots.

dundee united - pathetic

hibs - pathetic

st johnstone - our best performance in the last 3 months but still poor going forward. 1 goal from enckelman and 1 from a deflection.

st mirren - we created fuck all but higdon scored one and missed one from 5 yards.

hearts - never threatened.

rangers - never threatened

ict - the keeper didn't make a save.

we've been awful for months but mccall has barely reacted. i don't want him sacked but he needs to stop the decline.

Opta joe says. Clinical.

Sitting 4th instead of 12th is good, well better than good in fact it is fan bloody tastic, 4th at this stage of the season and going through a bad patch is better than good, would take that any day and we will find form again and all the moaners can crawl back into their wee holes and start moaning about something else.

McCall's job will be under threat when we're in the position that clubs like Hibs & Aberdeen have found themselves in.

We're sitting fourth. If we finish in that position I'll be happy enough, even if the aim for a club like us should always be top six and a decent cup run if possible.

This^^ - SMc has done a fine job, such talk of his time running out is utter keech. It is amazing how different our Home and Away form is, but thats football. Folk will just need to start digging deep and attend more away games in the meantime.

Guy near me ( might have been the one abusing Randy ) stated that McCall must go as he was never going to do a job here as he is a dirty rangers h#n.

What !!

We are at our worse place in the league this season ( 4th ), if or when our home performance improves how many more points will be get ?

Really hope we score a few @ Fir Park in our next game there.

The original poster is entitled to his opinion, but I don't agree or think that McCall's time is running out, not when we're 4th in the table, still in the cup and having reached a Cup Final and finished top 6 last season. However poor we have been playing of late, all of that more than buys the manager time.

We are playing poorly just now though and our performances at home this season have been poor to say the least and of late we seem to have nosedived. Like it or not, that merits comment and we need to start seeing improvements very soon because although we're doing well to be sitting where we are just now, that does not excuse the dreadful displays that have been served up of late. Let's just hope McCall can get things back on track and at least performing better. I don't expect us to win the league or the cup, I don't even expect us to finish 3rd or 4th, but I do expect us to play better than we have done of late and I don't think that's too much to ask.

Over to you McCall.

• Like 1

This^^ - SMc has done a fine job, such talk of his time running out is utter keech. It is amazing how different our Home and Away form is, but thats football. Folk will just need to start digging deep and attend more away games in the meantime.

This...........

Usual knee jerk reaction thread. We seem to be p1sh poor around winter time every year.

We may be struggling at home a little...but a couple of stats that may be of interest:

We are 8 points ahead of 7th place with 2 games in hand.

We have 17 games left to play this season. If we win just 4 of them we will have the same points total we finished last season on = 46 points!!

Seriously ? Postie Jim have a word with yourself what was your projection for this point of the season ?

Perhaps SMcC has become a victim of his own early success and the expectation level has gone way above our station.

Had you said to me at the start of the season that by mid January we'd have dropped to Th and that would be our lowest league position so far and still have 2 games in hand I'd have sent for the men in white coats to take you away, perhaps we still should.

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

I'd much rather be where we are than scrapping with Hibs and Dunfemline for SPL Survival.

I wasnt happy with the appiontment of McCall but hes doin a great job with the team as we have no money goin threw changes at board level and will always be a selling club so anythin top 6 each season is a real bonus still sitting 3rd is fecking amazing for our budget/size of squad/size of support whoever is in charge will never be good enough for some on here

McCall is an average manager.We've had better, we've had worse but as long as we stay in the top 4/5 there's not much to complain about.

And we're a club with below average resources, so we should probably be happy to have him, and maybe even get behind the team once in a while.

• Like 3

The fickleness of Motherwell fans isn't new and it isn't surprising. However it is disappointing. Disappointing that we have a high percentage of supporters who fail to take our massive restrtrictions in running costs that we deal with on an ongoing basis.

The support swing from We're all Going on a European Tour (win), things being orrite (draw) to crisis (defeat) depending on the result on any given Saturday.

It's clear for all to see that we're having trouble getting results at home and recreating some of our early season play - which was excellent is proving a bit elusive. The left sided interaction of Hammell, Law and Murphy being the prime example of an aspect of our play that's been posted missing.

The stick some players get is really fuckin awful at times and I still don't understand what it buys us.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be disappointed / unhappy / wanting more from our players and management, that's the nature of turning up at a game on a Saturday - I'm saying that I don't see the point in getting angry, abusive and in general getting things out of context by running down the street screaming 'freefall' and 'downward spiral'

With the aim of finishing as high up the league as high as possible I think we've got to hope that McCall and Co - turn it round, particularly at home and find a formation and an intensity that see's us getting the results that we can get. there's no doubt that there are some players dipping a bit, looking jaded, not looking fired up that only he and his management of the squad can address. If I have a criticism of McCall - it's the one I've always had - his inability use fringe players to keep things fresh. Look how many of our team have played almost every available minute of play this season. It's better to throw one fringe player in now and again to a settled team situation than throw 5 or 6 in in a cup tie and expect everything to gel.

He has to take the rest of the window to be honest about some of our fringe guys - IF they are, in his eyes, not good enough then he should work with the players and their representatives to find a solution. It's not the fault of the guys in question that their 'contracted' and in a lot of cases I guess I'm a litlle stumped that they can't be used and developed in a carefully considered rotation system (not on a Chelsea scale (wholescale) but definitely not Motherwell (no rotation) either)

Every team in the league go through this - some have gone through it and hit a bit of form again - St Johnstone and Hearts being prime examples. We've got to be pretty confident that we can pick the pace up again.

FFS - we could be Aberdeen!

• Like 1