Time Running Out For Mccall ?

postiejim

what is going on with some of our fans. giving the players abuse for 90 mins are we not meant to back the team rather than abuse them. This thread should be binned as it is a total waste of time, The problem also is that too many people are playing football manager and think i can do that job no problem.

• Like 1

what is going on with some of our fans. giving the players abuse for 90 mins are we not meant to back the team rather than abuse them. This thread should be binned as it is a total waste of time, The problem also is that too many people are playing football manager and think i can do that job no problem.

If you can only score 4 league goals in 5 and a half months you deserve abuse. If you can't win a home game in 3 and a half months you deserve abuse.

What footballers need to realise is when normal people in normal jobs fail to that abject extent they don't get shouted at or booed, they get fired and sent down the dole office.

Motherwell players don't get paid fortunes relative to other footballers but they do get paid a lot of money relative to a lot of the supports and these guys that earn 3 or 4 or 5 times less than the players are putting their money down and getting absolutely nothing back for it.

There are guys doing a full days graft just to pay for a day out at the football and what do they get - an entire season of utter tripe, not one game, or even a wee bad run, an entire season of tripe. Zero entertainment, a goal ever other three games and winless streak that goes back months.

But yeah, no one has any cause for complaint.

• Like 5

That response can get to fuck.

We all work all week and spend our money on the well. The player here don't owe me a fuckin thing.

If you think for £20 you own these guys then you're out of order / delusional.

If you want to spend your money on entertainment with a known outcome at the end - fuck off and buy a dvd of Titanic.

I don't demand a victory for my admission money so you're not speaking for me

• Like 5

That response can get to fuck.

We all work all week and spend our money on the well. The player here don't owe me a fuckin thing.

If you think for £20 you own these guys then you're out of order / delusional.

If you want to spend your money on entertainment with a known outcome at the end - fuck off and buy a dvd of Titanic.

I don't demand a victory for my admission money so you're not speaking for me

Fuck sake Steve the guy doesn't say hes speaking for you personally ,nae need for a fuckin hissy fit every time someone posts something you don't like. Your like a lot of other guys on here who think when it comes to things Motherwell they know better than every other c**t.

Are the alarm bells ringing for some well fans,is McCall being found out or will he get us back on track ?

A fair question Jim. For some fans the alarm bells are quite definitely ringing ie the guy from Wishaw who rang James Traynor yeserday evening.

Its too early to question Stuart McCall's future but fans are entitled to ask serious questions of him. One home win from 8 games is very poor. Stuart McCall is under pressure.

Yes, we have a limited squad and yes we only see most opposing teams once or twice at Fir Park in a season but we do have to query why some "budget" players from St Mirren, Inverness and Queens Park made some of our lads look decidely ordinary.

If you can only score 4 league goals in 5 and a half months you deserve abuse. If you can't win a home game in 3 and a half months you deserve abuse.

facepalm.gif

The players don't ever deserve abuse. Constructive criticism, yes, but if Higdon misses a good chance he doesn't deserve to have some fat c**t in the stand bawling at him that he's fuckin shite.

What footballers need to realise is when normal people in normal jobs fail to that abject extent they don't get shouted at or booed, they get fired and sent down the dole office.

Motherwell players don't get paid fortunes relative to other footballers but they do get paid a lot of money relative to a lot of the supports and these guys that earn 3 or 4 or 5 times less than the players are putting their money down and getting absolutely nothing back for it.

There are guys doing a full days graft just to pay for a day out at the football and what do they get - an entire season of utter tripe, not one game, or even a wee bad run, an entire season of tripe. Zero entertainment, a goal ever other three games and winless streak that goes back months.

But yeah, no one has any cause for complaint.

If it's that bad then why do you go? :rolleyes:

If the players put in the effort which they are then that's all that can be expected.There's very little between most spl teams and any team can go on a pish run at any time.If we finish 4th or better then it's been a good season, where we pick up the points really doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I'm really happy about our position in the league, and the possibility of perhaps European football. But I would I rather it had been acheived by winning at home rather than away. The majority of our fans haven't seen how we played against Dundee Utd or Hibs away, and that could be why so many folk on here are moaning, because they are right, our home form is relegation material and has to addressed sooner rather than later.McCall has to find a way to reverse what the majority of our supporters see, our home form, which is mince.

I'm fed up with Higdon and this line he does his job knocking the ball down, while no-one else can read his game to collect from him.

NEWSFLASH he is the main striker so should be shooting for goal, not trying to supply others. Did he have a shot yesterday ?

Did he get the service? Genuinely? Who set up his chances?

Most passes to him were from defence, straight down the middle, while he was facing away from goal.

I'm fed up with Higdon and this line he does his job knocking the ball down, while no-one else can read his game to collect from him.

NEWSFLASH he is the main striker so should be shooting for goal, not trying to supply others. Did he have a shot yesterday ?

NEWSFLASH its the system not the player that isnt working. Higdon has always been a targetman, his strength has always been flick-ons, knock downs, McCall would hav known that when he signed so why doesnt he have a strike partner? It baffles me that people who go to games regulalrly cannae read a game of football.

My point with Higdon is he should be in the box with another striker supplying him to score. I don't rate him but if he is playing in our team play him with a partner. As at the moment it's like being a man down.

having Murphy on the park at the moment is like being a man down ......he's the one who SHOULD be feeding off Higdons knock downs and flick ons......Murphy is a passenger at the moment, I'm just amazed that its Higdon getting the flack for Murphys lack of effort / ambition / desire .

• Like 1

My point with Higdon is he should be in the box with another striker supplying him to score. I don't rate him but if he is playing in our team play him with a partner. As at the moment it's like being a man down.

No, that's not the point you were making.

What you are now saying is what the people you tried to argue against have been saying all along.

You've completely contradicted yourself.

Probably the best contradiction I've ever seen

facepalm.gif

We are Motherwell. What do you expect? us to win the league? To win every home game? us to score 5 goals in one game twice a season?

Despite our poor performances at home, we are still the best team outwith the old firm!

Postiejim needs to chill the f*ck out. McCall is doing a brilliant job with us. Unlike previous years, he hasn't bailed on us when it got tough and another job came in. Be grateful that he is trying to produce flowing attacking football. Look at what he's acheived since coming in. We reached the Scottish cup final, League cup semi and changed the team to one of the best to memory (on our budget, with no owner) under Mcghee, Brown, Malpas and Gannon, we had disgraceful times. under McCall, nothing is worse.

This thread is a waste of space.