Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Stokes "gestured" to the East Stand after he scored a couple of months ago and nothing was said. It's not for The Sun and certainly not fucking Sportscene to try and influence which alleged crimes are to be reviewed! That's not how it's going to work though is it?

The biggest story from Tannadice on Saturday was the penalty we didn't get!!

Rule 200: No player shall commit offences in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C. (Such offences may be dealt with by a Fast Track Tribunal following a Compliance Officer Reference under the Judicial Panel Protocol).

Annex C, Offence A5: Offensive, Insulting or Abusive Language and/or Gestures.

Might be worth deleting the images pretty sharpish.

If you have access to delete the images from the BBC Website or Sky Sports News then on you go.

The "story" is very much in the public eye regardless of a couple of photos on here.

• Like 1

If you have access to delete the images from the BBC Website or Sky Sports News then on you go.

The "story" is very much in the public eye regardless of a couple of photos on here.

I was not aware of the images else where, as i seen them on here first!

Who's actually been upset by this? Haven't read this whole thead but the bits and pieces I have read seem like a lot of pish to me! A player retrospectively banned for a harmless gesture to his own fans that nobody has actually been upset by? Fuck me :wallbash:

Thats the whole point, not many if any Fans (Motherwell) would of been concerned about his gesture one little bit, however if any fans from Dundee United chose to complain thats were the issues begin.

The Player should know better, as not to gesture to the crowd, as Gestures can and will be mis-interpreted.

Every time he scores - in the right end - or Motherwell win, Stephen Craigan makes this gesture... is he now liable to face sanctions regularly?

For me, the Leigh Griffiths gestures are a bit more sinister as he seems to put some consideration into all 3 of his offences, while Higgy's looked more spontaneous.

As for only seeing the images on here, well they were linked from SNS who are a web based source for pictures so again, it was common knowledge before being mentioned on here.

DUNDEE UNITED captain Jon Daly has defended Henrik Ojamaa and doesn't believe the Motherwell substitute should face an SFA compliance probe over his controversial weekend penalty claim.

Fuming United defender Dixon claimed it was a dive but the United captain reckons it would be a bit harsh if he was the latest SPL star to be disciplined retrospectively for simulation.

Whats the source of this report Jim? The Dundee Courier? If true Dixon has some cheek as it was he who deliberately stuck out a leg to trip Ojamaa. He knew exactly what he'd done. I fully support an investigation, but into Dixon and not Ojamaa.

Thats the whole point, not many if any Fans (Motherwell) would of been concerned about his gesture one little bit, however if any fans from Dundee United chose to complain thats were the issues begin.

The Player should know better, as not to gesture to the crowd, as Gestures can and will be mis-interpreted.

Aye, and if it was aimed at 'Well fans then how does that affect United fans in the slightest? It sure wasnt intended as some sort of offensive gesture, more a spontaneous gesture to celebrate levelling the game. Hardly something to get ridiculously worked up over.

Next

Just out of interest, does anyone have any evidence whatsoever regarding the oft quoted suggestion that journos & authorities and the like read fan forums?

I'd be amazed.

Yes. All you need to do is watch Sportscene Results program on a Saturday evening to know they do. We have had other dealings as well.

Dont know if this picture thingy will work but it looks lika a penalty to me.

If you watch the BBC highlights its not the case that Dixon couldn't move his leg out the way quickly enough he deliberately sticks his leg out as Henrik tries to pass. Talk about digging a hole when you're in deep trouble! Dixon has lost credibility for me now.

Yes a penalty for me.Thought on seeing the highlights we did ok 2nd half with Higdon taking his goal well after missing 2 headers in which you'd struggle to get a newspaper under him when he jumped. All the hand gestures in the world dont alter that fact. <_>

Still think it was a penalty though it certainly isn't as obvious on the replay as it looked on Saturday. But for me Ojaama had to ride a tackle from a leg that missed the ball and that is a penalty all day long. Higdon was immature but unlike Griffiths his gesture was not offensive so I don't see an issue there. I don't think retrospective action for either Ojaama or Dixon is likely. I thought the whole point of the simulation ones was for when the penalty was actually given and the team gained an unfair advantage. And while Dixon may have fouled him I doubt there would be a card even if the penalty had been given.

Still think it was a penalty though it certainly isn't as obvious on the replay as it looked on Saturday. But for me Ojaama had to ride a tackle from a leg that missed the ball and that is a penalty all day long. Higdon was immature but unlike Griffiths his gesture was not offensive so I don't see an issue there. I don't think retrospective action for either Ojaama or Dixon is likely. I thought the whole point of the simulation ones was for when the penalty was actually given and the team gained an unfair advantage. And while Dixon may have fouled him I doubt there would be a card even if the penalty had been given.

You're a true gentleman Tweed! For me the penalty was not obvious at the time but the replay is 100% conclusive. Lee Dixon does not stick his leg out until the ball is well past him. It is a deliberate attempt to trip Ojamaa on his way past - no attempt whatsoever to play the ball. He knew full well what he was doing.

The thing that doesn't sit well with me is that virtually everyone else is answerable for their actions during a football game except a referee.

That penalty decision was blatantly wrong yet there will likely be no action taken. These idiots had a cheek to ask for a pay rise at the beginning of the season as well!

did you not see Craigan after the game?!?!?!?! lol

Motherwell FC today (Tuesday) verbally notified the SFA of the clubs’ intent to contest the fixed one-match suspension offered to Michael Higdon by the Compliance Officer.

The club will lodge the official appeal before 3pm tomorrow at which point the matter will be referred to the Judicial Panel with a Fast Track Tribunal convened on Thursday, 26th January.

The club will make no further comment until after that process has been complete.

Motherwell FC today (Tuesday) verbally notified the SFA of the clubs' intent to contest the fixed one-match suspension offered to Michael Higdon by the Compliance Officer.

The club will lodge the official appeal before 3pm tomorrow at which point the matter will be referred to the Judicial Panel with a Fast Track Tribunal convened on Thursday, 26th January.

The club will make no further comment until after that process has been complete.

Thats a real shame,as the gesture has been blown all out of proportion