Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Better 2nd half, since Ojamaa came on. Win on Tuesday would take us back to 3rd (if results stay as is), but, Dunfermline have scored 3 today. Think they will pose a huge problem considering our home form.

Just as I write, at last Higgy has scored after missing several good opportunities.

If we get tore into Dunfermline from the start on Tuesday we'll beat them. That point, coming so late, might be the turning point. That's how bad runs turn around. Good point to take tbh.

A very decent point. Hard to read by text updates but seemed well deserved. Definately have to consider a start for Ojamma on tuesday but need to remember one good impact sub appearance(two if you count the game against part timers) doesn not the messiah make. Certainly encouraging though and lad seems confident enough so get him in there.

Need to be patient if things don't come off for him right from the start come tuesday.

Great to see Higdon score as well. He certainly isn't the problem and will get goals. Not seen how bad the seeming misses were yet but strikers score some and miss some. Hopefully todays goal a confidence booster for him as well.

Poor game if i'm honest about it but the weather didn't help, they were best first half we were best second half, the game livened when Ojamma came on and he caused a few problems .No doubt Higdon will be praised again for his goal but he missed a couple of sitters but so did they so it could have been 3-3. Overall a hard but deservrd point ,Ojamma was the star but it was mostly the same old we've had to endure for weeks now. I see the Pars had a good away win so it should be interesting midweek.

Ojamaa changed the game for us. A MUST start for Tuesday. Happy with a point. Glad Hearts lost but obviously disapointed Hibs couldn't take anything in their game. Tuesday is a big chance for both teams. We win and we are clear in third again. Dunfermline win and Hibs are bottom of the league.

Ojamaa changed the game for us. A MUST start for Tuesday. Happy with a point. Glad Hearts lost but obviously disapointed Hibs couldn't take anything in their game. Tuesday is a big chance for both teams. We win and we are clear in third again. Dunfermline win and Hibs are bottom of the league.

Was very impressed by Ojamma, as you say a must start on Tuesday.

Quick summary.

Ojamaa changed the game when he came on and surely has to start on Tuesday?!?!? Before that we had huffed and puffed and although Randolph kept us in it with with a few great saves we were never out of it.

Higdon played very well today. Wrestled with big baby heid (who had a shocking lunge on Murphy) throughout and scored a good goal which was cut back by Ojamaa when it looked like a lost cause. His hold up play and touch was great and even his biggest critics (and I've not been convinced to be honest) would have to concede that.

The ref denied us what looked like an absolute stonewaller at the end of the game. I thought all our penalty shouts last weekend were of the "seen them given" variety, but it beggars belief that one wasn't given today. The guy is a fucking clown.

So....a good point and one we would've settled for before but nothing less than 3 points will do against the Pars.

Quick summary.

Ojamaa changed the game when he came on and surely has to start on Tuesday?!?!? Before that we had huffed and puffed and although Randolph kept us in it with with a few great saves we were never out of it.

Higdon played very well today. Wrestled with big baby heid (who had a shocking lunge on Murphy) throughout and scored a good goal which was cut back by Ojamaa when it looked like a lost cause. His hold up play and touch was great and even his biggest critics (and I've not been convinced to be honest) would have to concede that.

The ref denied us what looked like an absolute stonewaller at the end of the game. I thought all our penalty shouts last weekend were of the "seen them given" variety, but it beggars belief that one wasn't given today. The guy is a fucking clown.

So....a good point and one we would've settled for before but nothing less than 3 points will do against the Pars.

Not long back from Dundee and Milo's wee match report sums things up to a T. Just to add though Randolph had a couple of great saves, Hateley had a good game and it was great to see Jenno back

Agree with most of this but I cannot agree with the appraisal of Hateley. United piled the pressure on him first half because he and Daley were so poor and he was constantly out of position. He did do better second half but he needs to stop trying to score direct from every corner he takes. Anyway it was a good fightback led by a new young player who cared about playing and not getting beaten.

Oh, and O'Reilly is a clown of a ref. He makes Brines look decent.

Anyone know why he booked Crags?

Just seen the goals on sky sports news there. Great work by ojamaa for the goal & well taken by big higdon, pity to see him gesture to the well fans as he run back to halfway line, although he has taken some stick.

Agree with most of this but I cannot agree with the appraisal of Hateley. United piled the pressure on him first half because he and Daley were so poor and he was constantly out of position.

Every move came from Daley failing to track back and Hateley had to cover two men. Every move came down that side for them and it was no suprise it stopped when Murphy went over.

He did do better second half but he needs to stop trying to score direct from every corner he takes.

Sorry but I just don't agree with that. One corner today he put on the roof of the net. He stuck 3 or 4 right into the 6 yard box and another 4 or 5 last Saturday as well. His corners have been good recently, we just seem useless at attacking them.

we were definitely improved today. we fell out the game after their goal and didn't get back into it until ojammaa came on. i thought we made enough chances to win the game but i'll definitlely take a point. jenno was off the pace in the first half but was better in the second. omar was shocking, it's quite dispiriting that we have him on a two year deal.

it was a good finish from higdon but he had missed 4 absolute sitters before he managed to score one. if people are happy with that more fool them. his general play was better than usual today but still wasn't causing any problems and he gave away as many stupid fouls as ever.

same 11 that finished for tuesday please.