Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Glad he did react, The shite the guys had to take this season is embarrasing for most 'well fans. His hold up play is great, and his link play would be great if Murphy or whoever up top was on the same wavelength! Mon the Higgy!

:nod:

Randolph jumped into the crowd last week after one twat had a go at him. Higgy's had to put up with a number of helmets who have constantly given him senseless abuse for months. Was only matter of time before he reacted and it was another good performance today, okay he missed a few good chances but he didn't hide kept coming back for more and grabbed us the vital equaliser. Ten goals already, keep it up big man.

• Like 3

rememeber how much money we DON'T have. If higdon was taking all his chances he would not be playing with us. FFS look at the howler Torres had last month or so. Most striked miss more than they score. I don't get to see the games but from the number he has scored for us I think he is doing just fine.

_58022289_higdon.jpg

Didn't see it myself was too busy celebrating. Was this it or was there more??

Perhaps it might be best if one of the mods deleted all mention of gestures to fans, as the compliance officer might be lurking. Remember Griffiths has been done twice for this offence. So get it deleted or i reckon we could lose him againsts pars!

I never saw Higdon react but I wondered if he had because when the song 'One Michael Hgdon' was being sung in injury time McCall turned round and applauded the fans. We did concede the first half by turning them when we won the toss but as we were then playing into the gale in the first half it freed us a bit in the second. We started pretty well but United grew into the game and I just had an inkling the goal was coming when they scored. Whether it was Russell's goal or an own goal to me is a moot point, the only reason Craigan was near it was because he was trying to block a shot. Hateley and Jennings had both been sold like a kipper in hthe build up and whoever's name is on the scoresheet the blame lies with those two.

We did seem a bit wayward after that until half time though Randolph only had one meaningful save. All in I was quite pleased to get in at half time only one down.

The second half was a huge improvement. I think to say Ojamma turned the game does the rest of them a slight disservice as I felt we were on top before he came on but what he did give us was that something a little bit different that they couldn't cope with. Whilst Higdon had a few chances before the one he scored, only the header that he glanced wide was a glaring miss in my book. I thought he had a super game today and that was magnified because Lasley, Law and Murphy were winning the knock downs. If ever a man deserved a goal it was him and I was delighted for the team and him when it came. Though even had it not come and we'd lost 1-0 I would not have been that despondant heading down the road.

The big incident in the game was the penalty. To me it appeared that Ojamma was taking on two defenders and was fouled by both of them. From where I was it seemed like an absolute stick on penalty and I still can't believe that trumpet never gave it. Though the free kick he gave against Hutchinson right at the end that allowed them a free hit into the box was even worse as that was as blatant a never a foul in a million years that you will get and I just had a feeling they would nick it from it and send us down the road raging.

All in I thought we looked a much better team today and while the shooting boots weren't on we had a large number of attempts and on another day we could have scored more. But irrespective of that if you are creating the chances its half the battle. But the 20 minutes we played at 4-4-2 were electric at the end so go on McCall give it a go on Tuesday. Change the personnel if you want but that formation will win us games at home.

Also slightly concerned that Jennings was hobbling for the last five minutes. He had a great game and I hope he makes it for Tuesday.

Perhaps it might be best if one of the mods deleted all mention of gestures to fans, as the compliance officer might be lurking. Remember Griffiths has been done twice for this offence. So get it deleted or i reckon we could lose him againsts pars!

Aye just need to delete it from the BBC website and stop Sky from showing it every half hour and he might get away with it...

Higdon is not the same kind of player as Sutton, he's nowhere near as physically strong as Sutton but he is a far better goalscorer. I guarantee Higdon will finish the season with more goals than Sutton Managed last year.

I genuinely don't know what the idiots that boo him are seeing. He is a striker and he scores goals, not a lump that batters defenders out of the way.

Higgy notworthy.gif

• Like 2

Higdon is justified in whatever action he has taken to show his feelings. Fair's fair and aw that.

It would be quite funny that some of the hopeless c***s who abused him for months continue to be the ones that bounce about when he scores.

Fuck off you hypocrites

i'd have scored at least 2 of the 5 chances he had today.

just off the blower to big vinny. 3 game ban in the offing. shocking attitude towards the people who pay his wages.

hopefully he does a bit of cardio during his break.

Glad he did react, The shite the guys had to take this season is embarrasing for most 'well fans.

He would maybe have been better served to keep his "reaction" for his next goal at Fir Park though. The away support has been pretty supportive of both him & the team in general, no?

A hard fought but deserved point. That said United were there for the taking. For perhaps 50 minutes they were the better side, being quicker, faster, harder and certainly more committed. That said, we did manage a few largely ineffective efforts on target. United's goal was coming and they were causing havoc down our right side where Daley was having a real off day and Hateley wasn't much better in the first 45 anyway. Midfield was poor and held together by an under par Keith Lasley. Jamie Murphy was all over the place and generally played far too deep to be effective. Michael Higdon missed a couple of chances but did score the equaliser. Credit to him though, as he was being constantly fouled by Kenneth with no protection from the referee, our old friend Steve O'Reilly.

The turning point was when Henrik Ojamaa came on for Omar Daley with about 30 minutes to go. He looked quick, strong and full of movement. Had SM made the change a lot earlier then we may have won all 3 points. Daley was completely out of sorts and should have been taken off at half time. Early days but he looks a good acquisition.

For 60 minutes too many of our lads looked half hearted and out of sorts but the last 30 minutes were completely different. Maybe the wind had something to do with it as it seemed to change and ie down. when under heavy pressure United looked very shaky indeed. Our midfield too grew in confidence as they discovered that their United counterparts were only human after all.

Everyone was a bit bemused as to why Crags was booked. Steve O'Reilly had an awful game, was very inconsistent, got in the way too often and seemed intimidated by whinging moaning home crowd. I'd also like to see the penalty claim again IF the BBC show it.

A reasonable point but maybe it could have been 3, if changes had been made earlier. Who knows.

10 goals so far this season for Higdon so you would have to think hes going to finish around the 18-20 mark ,that's as good as any striker we've had in recent years .Hes often our lone striker with our other forwards either too far behind him or stuck out on the flanks. Thats up tae mr mccall to fix .

Reading this is like something off an old firm board! How paranoid are you? The "gesture" is in the paper as "higdon celebrating" not "higdon gestures towards his own fans" it's a common sign players make when they score!

Higdon has done all he can being himself up front, hopefully ojamaa is the partner he needs!

And to be honest, if it was a gesture, who can blame him, I'd do more that to my fellow fans listening to some of the s**t they come out with!!

Higdon is justified in whatever action he has taken to show his feelings. Fair's fair and aw that.

It would be quite funny that some of the hopeless c***s who abused him for months continue to be the ones that bounce about when he scores.

Fuck off you hypocrites

Cant agree with this at all. When Griffiths does it hes a wee bampot pr1ck, but its ok for Higdon to do it? I dont agree with the harsh criticism of him but he does have his poor games. In general though, we are a better team with him in it.

On to the game, big higdon played well and deserved his goal despite missing one or two others. No doubt ojamaa changed things though and caused there defence problems every time he got on the ball. Would like to see him in for murphy and humphrey in for daley on tuesday. Any other ref and we get a penalty at the end.

I'm delighted that the big man got his goal yesterday. Up until then he was having a bit of a nightmare when it came to his chances, however the rest of his play was pretty good imo. The simple switch of Murphy to right was like night and day, keep him there. Ojamaa did terrifically well when he came on and now must be a certainty to start.

The way we finished the game yesterday should give everyone connected with Motherwell a boost and hopefully we can push on and rediscover our form, certainly the two games coming up are favourable to us with a view to getting at least 4 points.

Randolph was fuckin' immense yesterday btw!!