Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

After yesterday's 1-1 draw, we now need to back our players not shout them down!! This game on tuesday is so important for us, win this game and it will kick start our season. SUPER 'WELL

+1 Mon the Well on Tuesday. We should shout down the clowns who are all over players before the game has started. Its your team, get behind them - not on them!

10 goals so far this season for Higdon so you would have to think hes going to finish around the 18-20 mark ,that's as good as any striker we've had in recent years .Hes often our lone striker with our other forwards either too far behind him or stuck out on the flanks. Thats up tae mr mccall to fix .

A fair summing up Jim. For the first 60 minutes or so yesterday he was left quite isolated at times

even when we were attacking. Jamie Murphy was going off on runs but these were from deep in defence and he frequently ran out of steam after beating 2 men in his own half but then being faced with 2/3 defenders some 40 yards from United's goal. Omar Daley waas playing far too wide to link with Higdon. The big man got no support from Steve O'Reilly. OK he can look after himself but was persistently fouled by Gary Kenneth and that hampered his effectiveness.

The big man got no support from Steve O'Reilly. OK he can look after himself but was persistently fouled by Gary Kenneth and that hampered his effectiveness.

From what I've seen this season Higdon gets no support from any referee. He's constantly being pulled up for nothing, and when a defender does come through the back of him he gets nothing.

Was it the same at St Mirren?

Yet again the harbingers of doom are trying to find something else to moan about, the hiiggy haters always have to find something even when the big man gets us out of jail.

I personally don't see too much difference between higgys celebration and this

crags.jpg

If anything Craigans is more like a get it round you than Higdons.

Here's a radical suggestion lets get off the players backs and actually support them and the club !

It's difficult enough to attract and keep players at a club like ours.

From what I've seen this season Higdon gets no support from any referee. He's constantly being pulled up for nothing, and when a defender does come through the back of him he gets nothing.

Was it the same at St Mirren?

Yeah, same thing at St Mirren and Falkirk. He need to learn to do what Sutton did and fall to his knees, force the ref to make the decision.

For all the good Motherwell fans there are, we are followed by a percentage of total fuckwits. Anyone in the top tier yesterday will probably know the guy who I am talking about when I say this, he almost paid no attention to the game, just went out to slate Higdon for 90 mins, I actually thought he was going to have a heart attack he was going so red in the face with this constant abuse. When he scored, he started screaming "Wan ooty four, that's no good enough". I turned round and game him a look to which he said "If you want to say something, I'll knock yer fuckin heid off". On another day, I may have said something but I just laughed on this occasion.

Folk like him are welcome to fuck right off from all future Motherwell games, I don't care if it results in a slight drop in attendance. He wasn't in Dundee to support Motherwell, he was in Dundee to berate Higdon.

As with the game itself, was a slack goal to lose but we did have some bright passages in play. I don't think it was coincidental that we played our best in weeks in the last half hour, when Law was back out left and Ojamaa was playing close to Higdon. No brainer in how to line up on Tuesday for me.

• Like 7

I thought Dundee Utd were there for the taking at a freezing cold Dundee, the opening stages from Motherwell looked very smart but with no real cutting edge, Higdon won most flick ons, and battled well with Dundee Utds big number 5, not the biggest fan of Higdon but he battled well up front. Daley was awfull from the offset to the point i really felt for him as absolutely nothing went right for him, McCall could see this and switched him to the left hand side, with not much more luck there, he was destined to get hooked at half time, but to everyones supprise he reappeared in the second half, and few better touches, but deservedly taken out of the action for the introduction of OJ, he was really impressive and i hope McCall has the balls to start him on Tuesday night. Craggs although another own goal came out with positives, a few good interceptions and some good overall positioning.

Murphy was ok, but nothing great and sat back too deep to impact on the game, but overall merited his start spot.

Higdon missed a number of good chances, and the crowd were frustrated, which was understandable, but he saved his skin by scoring the equaliser, as i fear if he didnt get on the score sheet he would of been slated beyond belief on here.

Dundee Utd are not a good team, they had some pace through the middle which created a number of great chances to increase there lead but never took them.

Overall point is ok.

Positives, OJ actually running at the defence, Higdon scoring, Daz some great saves, Craggs some good blocks, Hutchinson with some bone crushing challenges which i felt in the stand.

Negatives; Keeping Omar on too long, Not taking Murphy off after 70mins.... and Not playing giving Humphrey a run out... then again its still January so i wont hold my breath...When the window closes Humphrey will be back in the fold.

Roll on Tuesday..... .

Right, let's get real, Higgy is what he is, he's not Messi or Ronaldo, he plays for Motherwell ffs, he missed a couple on Saturday and was still in right place to get his goal. his reaction was understandable. If he was a prolific scorer he would be in Premiership !!

He looked much more comfortable with OJ playing right up beside him and feeding him, something he has not had much of this season. Let's hope we play OJ up front with him for a few games to see how it goes.

At the end of the game on Saturday McColl was trying to get Higgy to go to the well fans and he refused, who can blame him after the constant shit he gets week in week out.

A great fight back on Saturday once we sorted out the right hand side and took off Omar.

Randolph kept us in the game with 2 or 3 fantastic saves, deserved the MoTM in my book, closely followed by OJ.

Penalty was a stick on, not seen it yet on TV, but usual crap refereeing

and Not playing giving Humphrey a run out... then again its still January so i wont hold my breath...When the window closes Humphrey will be back in the fold.

Roll on Tuesday..... .

I'd prefer it if we left the conspiracies to the Sellick fans. Humphrey has been dropped due to poor form. He must have a very good agent if teams are going to bid for him on this season's form.

Your views of Humphrey remind me of a guy on the old steelmen.cjb.net site, who defended Stevie Woods through all his frailties. When Woods left he revealed he was his nephew!

This Higdon "gesture" is a complete non story! I can't believe it's even being discussed by fans or media as such. Barely worthy of mention and I hope to fuck he doesn't get done.

This is what i was thinking. rob mclean trying his hardest to make something of it though.

Wasn`t gona post, but fuck it.

All these morons who slate there own players should just spend the day in the pub, shout at the teles all day if they want!! Big Higdon had a good game yest, though could have had a hat-trick, but he didn`t hide, and got his reward. Hope he bangs in a hat-trick on Tue!!

Between Randy (Absolutely unreal how someone can even think of slating him) last week, Higdon at the weekend, and Hateleys started getting a raw deal also, even though hes been very consistant since before the Hearts game.

Do these folk actually think there doing anyone a favour, apart from the opposition?!

Tits.

Before a finish, Steve O`Reilly shouldnt be handed another Motherwell game, total imbread of a man :angry:

Rant over, `Mon the Higgy!!

At the end of the game on Saturday McColl was trying to get Higgy to go to the well fans and he refused, who can blame him after the constant shit he gets week in week out.

I've said it before already, and I'll say it again, Higdon should have reserved his show of defiance for the fuckwits who heckle him at Fir Park.

The travelling support usually gets behind the players, and they pay good fucking money to go to places like Dundee and get treated like cattle by the stewards there.

Bad form for Higdon to choose the away support for his gesture.

By the way, how shite is Peter Houston as a manager? Total diddy. Bringing on Swanson (who is lazy at best) with 10 to go when you've been pinned back for the previous ten minutes?

Boy gave the ball away like nothing else.

I've said it before already, and I'll say it again, Higdon should have reserved his show of defiance for the fuckwits who heckle him at Fir Park.

The travelling support usually gets behind the players, and they pay good fucking money to go to places like Dundee and get treated like cattle by the stewards there.

Bad form for Higdon to choose the away support for his gesture.

He reacted to abuse he was receiving on Saturday, at the away game.

It has been commented on elsewhere that there were a number of folk at Tannadice who were very vocal in their abuse of him.

While not disputing that the away support do tend to be more supportive, he has a

obviously reacted to something specific to Saturday's game. His last goal at Fir Park he celebrated with the fans, so the abuse he receives there doesn't seem to bother him that much.

If he is banned for this next game, perhaps his "fan club" will realise what he actually brings to the team though.

DUNDEE UNITED captain Jon Daly has defended Henrik Ojamaa and doesn’t believe the Motherwell substitute should face an SFA compliance probe over his controversial weekend penalty claim.

The Estonian, who helped the Steelmen to rescue a point, went looking for a second half spot kick, when he went down under the close attentions of Paul Dixon, but his appeals were ignored by referee Steve O’Reilly.

Fuming United defender Dixon claimed it was a dive but the United captain reckons it would be a bit harsh if he was the latest SPL star to be disciplined retrospectively for simulation.

Daly said: “If it is for your side then you would be screaming for it. It looked to me that he went down quite easily. I didn’t see any contact. I am sure their boy will say differently but Paul is adamant he didn’t touch him.

“The referee called it right because I don’t think Paul stuck out a leg or anything like that. As of late we have seen guys who have tried to win penalties be put in front of the compliance officer. The game is going that quick and the slightest of contact could cause you to fall over. It might not even be a leg. It could be a shoulder and he is going at such a pace that it could affect his balance and he can’t help but to go down. I don’t think it was a dive.”

Perhaps it might be best if one of the mods deleted all mention of gestures to fans, as the compliance officer might be lurking. Remember Griffiths has been done twice for this offence. So get it deleted or i reckon we could lose him againsts pars!

Rule 200: No player shall commit offences in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C. (Such offences may be dealt with by a Fast Track Tribunal following a Compliance Officer Reference under the Judicial Panel Protocol).

Annex C, Offence A5: Offensive, Insulting or Abusive Language and/or Gestures.

Might be worth deleting the images pretty sharpish.