Dundee United Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

I think the issue with the Higdon gesture is that I doubt anyone apart from Rob McLean at Sportscene will have raised it.

As fans we should just boycott the programme and their website.

Players are human and react just like we do. If I was getting pelter's all game from fans and scored a goal in the heat of the moment I might also gesture towards them - its a pretty natural thing to do.

But now we have this ridiculous situation where a BBC TV programme is lording it over who plays and who gets banned.

What would happen if the camera caught me in the crowd giving the wanker sign to a player, would I get pulled up for it? I doubt it.

They may be pros, doing a job we would all have loved to have done, and earning a pretty good wage as well...............but they are no different to any of us. Doesn't matter who you are if you are getting slated week in, week out, by people who are meant to be with you then sooner or later you are going to snap back. No way this would have happened if all the fans had been behind him and he hadn't been getting it tight for months.

However, I missed this at the game and only saw it on the highlights and I'm not convinced it is a negative gesture towards the fans. In that respect, and if the Club/Higdon say it wasn't intended this way, then the decision to ban him for a game is a joke in my opinion and I worry where our game is heading.

I can honestly say as well that I didn't see Higdon 'snub' the fans at the final whistle.

As pointed out Crags has a similar celebration when he scores (for us) and when we win on the road.

I can honestly say as well that I didn't see Higdon 'snub' the fans at the final whistle.

He didn't. All that happened at full-time was that Higdon was going to walk off the park, a section of the 'Well fans began chanting 'one Michael Higdon', McCall told him to applaud the fans, so he did.

This is all a complete joke. If he'd raced over to us like Adebayor did to the Arsenal fans, or he'd actually made an offensive gesture then fair enough, but it's all pretty pathetic.

Craigan will be looking for a new goal celebration/victory celebration. How far back can they go? If till last April then Craigan could be done for about 10 games for his celebration.

Pathetic. Sad thing is people comparing it to what Griffiths did - it is nothing of the sort - nor has Higdon had any sort of history with it - Griffiths has - at both Dundee and Livingston

Wonder if we'll be "offered" an extra 2 points since we should have had a penalty on Saturday?

This whole thing's a farce. Instead of using video to resolve contentious decisions when they actually make a difference, it's being used to prosecute anything and everything, no matter how trivial.

The thing that doesn't sit well with me is that virtually everyone else is answerable for their actions during a football game except a referee.

That penalty decision was blatantly wrong yet there will likely be no action taken. These idiots had a cheek to ask for a pay rise at the beginning of the season as well!

Totally pisses me off big style that these inept twats can can be complete buffoons game after game but they never seem to be called to task over crucial decisions, never mind the consistently poor performances (for both teams) during games.

Our game is heading down a massive black hole !!

MON RA DOSSERS