Only 200 At The Game Today

welladad

Heard it on the radio coming home after the game that apparently we only took about 200 fans to Tanadice today. After the famous shut out of 60 of our boys at the last game I wondered if this was some sort of Boycott?

I know January is a long month between pays but this the poorest turnout at an away game for a long time and the poorest by far at Dundee. Our choir was not as vocal either, which is a shame because they have added atmosphere at most away games this year.

Finally I noticed that SMcC had to coax Higdon to applaud the few of us who waited to applaud the team at the end as he looked pretty pissed off and seemed to make a wee gesture after he scored?

Anyone got any theories?

• Like 1

Heard it on the radio coming home after the game that apparently we only took about 200 fans to Tanadice today. After the famous shut out of 60 of our boys at the last game I wondered if this was some sort of Boycott?

I know January is a long month between pays but this the poorest turnout at an away game for a long time and the poorest by far at Dundee. Our choir was not as vocal either, which is a shame because they have added atmosphere at most away games this year.

Finally I noticed that SMcC had to coax Higdon to applaud the few of us who waited to applaud the team at the end as he looked pretty pissed off and seemed to make a wee gesture after he scored?

Anyone got any theories?

Aye HOTD for this pish !

Anyone got any theories?

Aye, you are dim as fuck

• Like 1

Pretty sure that some of the younger lads stayed away yesterday, but even had they gone our support would not have been much higher.

Our little group was warned, politely, by a steward at 10 to 3 to be in our seats for kick off. Pity they didn't seem to do this in the home stands as several thousand seemed to be standing some 5 minutes into the game. We had no intention of standing during the game and were at the very back anyway and would not have annoyed any fellow Well fans even if we had remained on our feet.

A lot of the reasons for the small turnout are listed above, and January is one long fecker of a month, but regardless of what month it is, I'll be at very few away games as it simply costs too much money, This has been lauded time and again, but until those in the 'know' do something about the cost of getting in to games, the days of big away supports are all but dead.

It doesn't seem that many years ago that Hibs & Hearts would be close to filling the South stand, and the likes of the Sheep & Killie used to bring healthy crowds, but every club is finding that the away supports are decreasing.

Having said that, power to you all who travel week in week out :notworthy:

MON RA DOSSERS

A good few lads were definitely put off going due to the treatment last time. No actual boycott though.

Considered trying to organise an official boycott of Parkhead on th 25th but realised that no matter how well it was organised there would always be those fans who would still attend. I know that none of our group will be in attendance though and would encourage others to do the same if they feel that 'well fans have been treated unfairly at Parkhead over the last few years.