Motherwell Challenge Higdon 1 Match Ban Offer

gilmour

As far as ive read anyone , you or I included could instigate an investigation by giving Lunny "broadcast quality" footage of any incident you think deserves punished.

Sounds like he's being badly or certainly selectively advised.

If your reading Vinnie , is there a time bar ? If not what about that Hooper incident or have you been told to leave Celtic alone after they took on the SFA last season ?

Folk should bombard them with clips of such incidents which haven't been punished, will have to adress the issue then.

I am not quite a technophobe, but I do not use twitter. If I did I would ask Daryl B if he would have issued such a statement if it was Celtic or Rangers involved...or better yet, as an SFA employee should he be making such a comment/statement about a member club. It does not seem overly impartial....

This decision today has opened the floodgates. If I see a ST Johnstone player so much as fart on Saturday I will be onto the SFA with my complaint.

I hope all the Well fans who are on Twitter give this BOZO a hard time......just because.....

This whole process is utter shite. what was it meant to address? Don't we have a fourth official who can chime in during the game if they see anythin? If noe of the 4 of them see anythin then leave it at that.

BUT if broadfoot is correct and all clubs agreed then worst case we have to live with this crap till next AGM when all the clubs can agree to GITF.

or bestd case all the clubs get together and call a meeting to end this shite now cause it is certainly not helping the game any.

So the SFA are employing failed journalists to do their bidding are they? Daryll Broadfoot was as good as journalist as his namesake Kirk is a fitba' player. He should not be commenting in such a fashion given his position so who do I complain to so's I can get him sacked for being a fud. MInd you he was employed for being a fud in the first place so not sure if that would be considered a sacking offence. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

The injustice of the nonsense has got my back up more than anything else football related for a while now.

I find Daryl Broadfoots tweets jaw droppingly inappropriate and unproffessional for the SFA press officer to be making. Not too surprising from him though since he once described the Motherwell support as "the most cretinous in the league".

The injustice of the nonsense has got my back up more than anything else football related for a while now.

I find Daryl Broadfoots tweets jaw droppingly inappropriate and unproffessional for the SFA press officer to be making. Not too surprising from him though since he once described the Motherwell support as "the most cretinous in the league".

The whole thing is beyond stupid. Totally over the top and inconsistent. Only way to avoid offence is to stop playing altogether..I am offended every time the opposition score against us!

No more goal celebrations - just watch it go in, turn and go back to the centre...do not breathe - it may be offensive! Lol

Seriously, the idea isn't necessarily wrong but the process and application of it is a mile out. How Broadfoot can keep saying "the clubs agreed and only moan when it suits" just makes it even more laughable. We all know why clubs, not just ours, are finding this ridiculous...

it's not very hard to find clips of games where gestures have been made. Perhaps we should be helpful to the SFA and supply such clips! Perhaps like an old firm game where passions run high!

Camera phones ?

Or would that be breaking the no film footage rule?

To be perfectly honest if the compliance officer deems that gesture to be offensive he shouldn't be in the job, simple as that. Anyone who backs him up is also unfit to hold office in the administration of this game of 'ours' (Ours, hah that'll be fucking right) You surely must have a modicum of knowledge of the game to be employed within? Broadfoot, Looney Toons, Regan all clearly displaying symptoms of #notknowingverymuchatall

• Like 1

So the law of the game that's been broken is using foul and/or abusive language and/or gestures? In that case, I want a player to be suspended every time TV cameras catch them mouthing a swear word. There will be wholesale suspensions each and every week, and all that will happen is the passion will disappear from the game, causing the already low numbers of fans to dwindle even farther.

Broadfoot and Regan's behaviour on Twitter is totally unprofessional and if club representatives were to behave in that manner, there would be sanctions imposed. It's not that hard to have an official Twitter account and keep your personal bias to yourself and those who actually give a shit.

Who are this 3-man panel they keep talking about and what qualifies them to decide what is or isn't offensive behaviour? This whole thing stinks to high heaven and just shows the SFA up to be the corrupt, self-obsessed old boy's club that it is.

To be perfectly honest if the compliance officer deems that gesture to be offensive he shouldn't be in the job, simple as that. Anyone who backs him up is also unfit to hold office in the administration of this game of 'ours' (Ours, hah that'll be fucking right) You surely must have a modicum of knowledge of the game to be employed within? Broadfoot, Looney Toons, Regan all clearly displaying symptoms of #notknowingverymuchatall

Here is the reply I got from Stewart Regan, this is the Chief Executive:

Dear Mr Irving

Many thanks for your feedback. With the greatest respect the one point you haven't mentioned in your note below is the fact that the player, Michael Higdon, chose to make an offensive gesture after he scored his goal. It was not the raising of his arm, it was not the raising of both arms, it was the 'get it up you' gesture not dissimilar to the offence committed by Leigh Griffiths of Hibs recently.

As an organisation that is trying to promote positive behaviour we are not prepared to accept such behaviour. This is the matter that was considered by the panel and the reason for his suspension.

Kind regards

Stewart Regan

Stewart M. Regan

Chief Executive

The Scottish F.A.

Dear Mr Irving

Many thanks for your feedback. With the greatest respect the one point you haven't mentioned in your note below is the fact that the player, Michael Higdon, chose to make an offensive gesture after he scored his goal. It was not the raising of his arm, it was not the raising of both arms, it was the 'get it up you' gesture not dissimilar to the offence committed by Leigh Griffiths of Hibs recently.

As an organisation that is trying to promote positive behaviour we are not prepared to accept such behaviour. This is the matter that was considered by the panel and the reason for his suspension.

Kind regards

Stewart Regan

Stewart M. Regan

Chief Executive

The Scottish F.A.

All I can say is :doh: although I could maybe fit in a wee :wallbash: afore ah finish for the night. He needs the bullet, that just confirms he does not know what he is talking about, nor does he understand anything about the game of fitba'. Mr Regan, kindly take yirsel tae fuck and yir good idea gone bad wi' ye.

• Like 1

Dear Mr Irving

Kind regards

Stewart Regan

Stewart M. Regan

Chief Executive

The Scottish F.A.

Thats a pretty good reply to be honest ! I think he was swaying towards Higdons intentions more than his actual Gesture.

Dear Mr Irving

Kind regards

Stewart Regan

Stewart M. Regan

Chief Executive

The Scottish F.A.

So in other words, they don't want to have footballers to show emotion during goal celebrations? It was such an important occasion for the club as it pulled us out of our slump in form.

Scottish Football - Passion = SFA's Perfect world => Non existent.