Ojamaa

CoF

Okay, imagine for one minute you are McCall.

You have gone to see the Board and they advise you that they'd like to tie up Ojamaa on a longer deal but the funds won't be there until some players are released in the Summer.

However they offer you an option.

Sell Randolph and with the funds raised we'll allow you bring in another keeper and offer Ojamaa a longer deal.

What would you do?

Okay, imagine for one minute you are McCall.

You have gone to see the Board and they advise you that they'd like to tie up Ojamaa on a longer deal but the funds won't be there until some players are released in the Summer.

However they offer you an option.

Sell Randolph and with the funds raised we'll allow you bring in another keeper and offer Ojamaa a longer deal.

What would you do?

If it were me, I'd quite possibly do this. Randolph's been at Fir Park now, what 18 months? Goalkeeper's of Darren Randolph's quality don't tend to hang around teams at our level for more than a season or two, so I'm fully expecting he'd be away come the summer anyway.

Although there will be plenty who will counter this with the battle for European spots / financial gain from league positions arguement. It's all hypothetical anyway...unless you know something you're not letting on??!

Maybe a bit off the wall, but surely we can offer Ojamma a pre contract? He's got a 6 month deal which means he can talk to anyone, including us. Give him the pre-contract, showing what he will get when he signs for us properly in the summer, after we have freed up some wages.

Wishful thinking??

Funny that was in my thinking last night but not sure how little guy would feel being told play for same wage for rest of season but we'll give you this from next year.

we don't have a big squad so selling will impact us big time, don't think moving on Forbes, Page, etc woulf release any decent cash.

would be interested to know how the club plans to deal with this - in the past Boyle may have covered such an outlay (Porter, Hughes first time around??) but we don't have that option now. maybe once top 6 is confirmed we'll have some cash or maybe it depends on a decent cup run.

would be interested to know how the club plans to deal with this - in the past Boyle may have covered such an outlay (Porter, Hughes first time around??) but we don't have that option now. maybe once top 6 is confirmed we'll have some cash or maybe it depends on a decent cup run.

We still have two months to get everyone to sign up to the Well Society :)

Lets not get carried away here. Have to admit he has looked very good from what I've seen (against a knackered amateur team and a pish Dunfermline team), hard-worker, honest, quick, nippy and strong but I'd like to see a few more of those performances before I hang my hat on him as the new Faddy. I honestly thought that he had a good game last night but not the 'amazing' or 'tremendous' performance that has been talked about on here and by 'no-nothings' in the media like billy Dodds.

Honest assessment is, looks very promising but the jury is still out and remember that for every Skippy there is a David Ferrere.

I'm similarly cautious, still have the feeling he might be one of those guys who, when he's playing badly, plays *really* badly. But he's obviously done enough to impress McCall in two trial spells, and he's looked the part in all the games he's played so far, which is already more than David Ferrere did despite his memorable debut :)

If it were me, I'd quite possibly do this. Randolph's been at Fir Park now, what 18 months? Goalkeeper's of Darren Randolph's quality don't tend to hang around teams at our level for more than a season or two, so I'm fully expecting he'd be away come the summer anyway.

Although there will be plenty who will counter this with the battle for European spots / financial gain from league positions arguement. It's all hypothetical anyway...unless you know something you're not letting on??!

I don't know anything, I just wondered what others would do if in that position.

I'd probably go for the sael of Randolph, but only due to the fact we're likely to get more with 18 months left on his contract than 12.

I would say now that there is no way in hell they were looking at Ojamaa for their reason being there. He might have caught their eye, but you would not come to a game and scout a player that has made two sub appearances before last night. More likely there to watch any of the first team regulars.