Ojamaa

CoF

I think the signing of a longer deal and getting Henrik a more improved package are likely to go hand in hand, so to speak.

Since the club have already apparently started negotiations with Ojamaa's agent about a revised deal then it would seem reasonable to think they've already grasped the importance of getting him tied down sharpish on a longer deal to protect the club's position, in the hope he may go on to make a sustained contribution and eventually be financially lucrative for them.

But by the same token I don't think for a minute that Henrik won't get a revised package that's fair and reasonable. The fact he has an agent who apparently represents other Motherwell players means even if he perhaps doesn't, his agent will be only too well aware of what his worth is.

From what's been said it would be appear both parties and keen to do business so I'm hoping it's just a case of letting the negotiations run their course and that news of a deal that both are happy with will follow.

• Like 1

But those cretins think that last week was 1980, or thereabouts.

True, but reading between the lines, it's quite clear that they think we're a far better( run) team than them... Gotta wonder what's going on in Broon's head when he signs Hughes on a 2 1/2 year deal....

I don't think there's any danger of Ojamaa going anywhere near Sheepsville... McCall should just show him a before and after video of Nick Blackman, that should do the trick..

Interview with Craig Brown:

'Brown is still hoping to bring in former West Ham striker Danny Uchechi on loan from Nigerian side FC Dender. But he revealed he snubbed the chance to sign Estonian Henrik Ojamaa, who has hit three goals in two games for Motherwell.

He said: "He has done well there but we hope to secure someone even better." '

Article

By someone better he means Danny Uchechi whos profile http://www.transferm...ler_127779.html only has him down as having playing 6 games in his entire career.

Craig Brown in The Scotsman.. - Aberdeen FC forum

Topic started: Tuesday 31 January 2012 01:51 AM

NewOrleansRed's avatarNewOrleansRedUser is Online Posts: 782Joined: February 2010First Team1 year member

Posted 31 Jan 2012 01:51

Craig Brown in The Scotsman..

Brown added: “We took some soundings on him and chose to look at other options. Ojamaa has gone on to do well for Motherwell but we are hoping to secure someone who is even better.”

Apologies if this has been discussed. I saw this quote and couldn't help but wonder if Cryptic Craig has a further signing in mind. Is it Uchechi he's talking about? Or has the old fox got an ace up his sleeve?

Personally i'm expecting the remote control from his hoose to fall out of his sleeve, nae an ace.

Made me laugh :lol:

Craig Brown in The Scotsman.. - Aberdeen FC forum

Topic started: Tuesday 31 January 2012 01:51 AM

NewOrleansRed's avatarNewOrleansRedUser is Online Posts: 782Joined: February 2010First Team1 year member

Posted 31 Jan 2012 01:51

Craig Brown in The Scotsman..

Brown added: "We took some soundings on him and chose to look at other options. Ojamaa has gone on to do well for Motherwell but we are hoping to secure someone who is even better."

Apologies if this has been discussed. I saw this quote and couldn't help but wonder if Cryptic Craig has a further signing in mind. Is it Uchechi he's talking about? Or has the old fox got an ace up his sleeve?

Personally i'm expecting the remote control from his hoose to fall out of his sleeve, nae an ace.

Made me laugh :lol:

What pish he spouts :wank:

My arse

It's pay up or shut up time

The meltdown on here, would be funny as fuck if someone came in and offered him a wage he could live on.

I'm not talking about paying him the going rate, I'm talking about offering him a long term contract. John Spencer is the classic example of the player who looked great on a temp deal, was signed and then was pretty poor and cost the club a considerable amount of money.

Even last season, Blackman started with a bang, faded off, went to Aberdeen and did nothing and I'm not sure if people would have been that pleased to have him lingering around for 2 years.

Ojammaa's been great so far but two starts isn't enough to really judge a players worth. We need to see more of him before we make that level of commitment.

To counter what I said yesterday - neither Carswell nor Ojamaa have penned anything as yet.

If anything should happen either player (or anyone else for that matter), then as the ink dries, you will know about it on the Official Site/Twitter/MFC TV.

Edited by OfficialMFC

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall has offered Estonian striker Henrik Ojamaa a two-and-a-half year contract to keep him at the club.

The 20-year-old joined the Steelmen at the beginning of January, signing until the end of the current season.

However the former Derby trainee has proved a big hit in Lanarkshire scoring three goals in four starts for the club.

Ojamaa hit two in the 3-2 victory over St Johnstone on Saturday and Motherwell have moved to tie the player on a long-term deal.

Stuart McCall said: “Since he signed he’s been electric. We are hopeful.

“He’s sent it (the contract) to let his dad have a cast over it but hopefully prior to Saturday’s game he will have signed a longer-term deal with us.

"He's had so many goals with just four shots and he's had a real impact on the team.

"But we've got to be careful as we can't expect that from him week in, week out."

As much as I'm gaggin for him to sign its worth remembering that we've been sitting in 3rd most the season without him. He seems to be the missing piece of the jigsaw that'll pull us through this tough spell and possibly take us to a different level performance-wise however I still had faith in the current squad to take us to europe.