Ojamaa

CoF

Because a notable percentage of Motherwell fans are completely clueless about football.

That's why there is the experts like yourself to enlighten us on the subtltties of the game.I would love to have the knowledge and vision that a guy like yourself has.

I will give you a few examples. From where I was sitting, on the ignorant side of the footballing fence, I would have said that Higdon did not win a header all night. I would also say that the service he was supposed to be giving to Ojamaa was non-existent. If a man with your knowledge was sitting beside me you would have been able to tell me how wrong I was and explain to me the in's and out's of the worthwhile contribution that Higdon was making.

Also when after 90 mins, as a clueless fucker, I am scratching my head as to why a team of professional players such as Motherwell cannot manage one shot (not one fuck'n shot) on target in 90 mins, as one of the knowledgable Well fans you could calm my soul by patting me on the back and telling me that I just do not understand the complexities of the game of football.

Maybe on the other hand however Motherwell fan's in general know more about the game than a man like yourself will ever give them credit for and when they see a pish poor performance from their team they call it like it is rather than trying to make excuses for a squad of players that simply had no belief in their own abilities to win the football match

Motherwell lost 2-0 at home to a good to average European side last night. They contributed almost nothing by way of a goal threat making some very basic mistakes along the way. That is not rocket science, it's just the way that it is and it does not need a football matermind to see it as much as you would like to tell us otherwise.

• Like 2

I knew someone would probably spit the dummy, but that's beyond all expectations. Deary me. :lol:

That's why there is the experts like yourself to enlighten us on the subtltties of the game.I would love to have the knowledge and vision that a guy like yourself has.

That's awful nice of you. wub.gif

I will give you a few examples. From where I was sitting, on the ignorant side of the footballing fence, I would have said that Higdon did not win a header all night. I would also say that the service he was supposed to be giving to Ojamaa was non-existent. If a man with your knowledge was sitting beside me you would have been able to tell me how wrong I was and explain to me the in's and out's of the worthwhile contribution that Higdon was making.

Higdon was poor, just like everyone else. I'm not entirely sure what your point actually is there. However, I do congratulate you on acquiring enough football knowledge to be able to make that judgement. Well done you. :)

Also when after 90 mins, as a clueless fucker, I am scratching my head as to why a team of professional players such as Motherwell cannot manage one shot (not one fuck'n shot) on target in 90 mins, as one of the knowledgable Well fans you could calm my soul by patting me on the back and telling me that I just do not understand the complexities of the game of football.

Because we were shite. Again, I'm not entirely sure what your point is there. I've barely posted about the game on Thursday night, so you seem to be making some sort of assumptions regarding my thoughts on the game.

Maybe on the other hand however Motherwell fan's in general know more about the game than a man like yourself will ever give them credit for and when they see a pish poor performance from their team they call it like it is rather than trying to make excuses for a squad of players that simply had no belief in their own abilities to win the football match

Again, your point is a bit of a mystery. My suggestion that some Motherwell fans are clueless (just like a percentage of football fans of any club are, ultimately, pretty clueless - it's hardly breaking news) was a general point and not actually specific to last night. Therefore, whether this magical "they" thought we were pish poor or not is pretty irrelevant. And, again, I've barely posted about the match - so I'm not sure where I've been making excuses... etc.

Motherwell lost 2-0 at home to a good to average European side last night. They contributed almost nothing by way of a goal threat making some very basic mistakes along the way. That is not rocket science, it's just the way that it is and it does not need a football matermind to see it as much as you would like to tell us otherwise.

Agreed. :)

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I was beginning to worry my post had been lost in amongst the post-match chat - I'm glad you were on hand to restore my belief that there's always someone on the internet waiting to throw the toys around. blum3.gif

• Like 1

I agree that Ojamaa is very greedy at times and does appear to have a questionable attitude, but I wonder how much of that - if any, of course - is a result of his new-found 'stardom' at Fir Park. For me, he seems to be a bit full of himself both on and off the park at the moment.

In a very short period of time he's went from being a relative nobody to being talked about regularly in our national press, capped by his national side, heavily praised for his immediate impact in the SPL, featured on Showboat on Soccer AM, had t-shirts of him sold in the club shop, inundated with Facebook friend requests, and, by all accounts, able to pump the vast majority of who he wants to while staying in the Popinjay! :lol:

I'm not suggesting being a Motherwell player is comparable to being a well-known celebrity obviously, but it's still a lot in a short period of time for a young guy to take in. Hopefully his perceived attitude problems are more just a short-term reaction to him adjusting to that, rather than any long-term issues. Then again, he could actually just be a greedy wee shite. :lol:

• Like 2

Personally, i think he is just trying to hard, as though he see's it as his duty to change the game and score a wondergoal or beat a couple of players every time he gets the ball, like thats what he thinks everyone expects of him (even though its obviously not true). I also think he gets really frustrated by the fact his movement is good and he is always running and showing for the ball but rarely gets it passed to him, after a while that can mentally take it toll and maybe hes just not quite right at the moment up stairs..

Personally, i think he is just trying to hard, as though he see's it as his duty to change the game and score a wondergoal or beat a couple of players every time he gets the ball, like thats what he thinks everyone expects of him (even though its obviously not true). I also think he gets really frustrated by the fact his movement is good and he is always running and showing for the ball but rarely gets it passed to him, after a while that can mentally take it toll and maybe hes just not quite right at the moment up stairs..

Exactly this.

I could understand the criticism if his workrate had dropped and it looked like he was just here for the wage packet but that is clearly not the case.

If all 11 players had shown the same level of desire and belief that Henrik did on Thursday night the result would have been different. He's not perfect, he has good games and not so good, but he rarely if ever hides.

I agree that Ojamaa is very greedy at times and does appear to have a questionable attitude, but I wonder how much of that - if any, of course - is a result of his new-found 'stardom' at Fir Park. For me, he seems to be a bit full of himself both on and off the park at the moment.

In a very short period of time he's went from being a relative nobody to being talked about regularly in our national press, capped by his national side, heavily praised for his immediate impact in the SPL, featured on Showboat on Soccer AM, had t-shirts of him sold in the club shop, inundated with Facebook friend requests, and, by all accounts, able to pump the vast majority of who he wants to while staying in the Popinjay! :lol:

I'm not suggesting being a Motherwell player is comparable to being a well-known celebrity obviously, but it's still a lot in a short period of time for a young guy to take in. Hopefully his perceived attitude problems are more just a short-term reaction to him adjusting to that, rather than any long-term issues. Then again, he could actually just be a greedy wee shite. :lol:

All of this and his new found status as Estonias next big thing, he's (we are) getting huge media coverage in his homeland.

hence I'd hope we still have people around the club to have a supportive word

all part of team building, bonding etc

nice that in amongst the extremists sometimes discussing possible reasons players ups and downs can still happen

I'll be honest, Higgy was unable to knock balls to Henrik or anyone else, but he can't make passes if he can't get decent service. If we are going to play route 1 football then the players providing the initial passes, ie full backs or centre halves, need to be pinpoint in their passing. On Thursday night I don't recall too many accurate passes. Too often it was hit & hopes. All that does is allow fans on here to come to the conclusion that it's all Higgy fault

• Like 1

Ojamma is fine, his effort can't be questioned, no doubt he has ability. Just needs to improve his decision making which will hopefully come as well as improving his vision of the game. Nothing to wrory about.

Agreed

And once he does he will be out of Fir Park as quick as his agent can arrange it. Hopefully for a decent fee. We just need to appreciate him while he is here.

Exactly this.

I could understand the criticism if his workrate had dropped and it looked like he was just here for the wage packet but that is clearly not the case.

If all 11 players had shown the same level of desire and belief that Henrik did on Thursday night the result would have been different. He's not perfect, he has good games and not so good, but he rarely if ever hides.

I'll be honest, Higgy was unable to knock balls to Henrik or anyone else, but he can't make passes if he can't get decent service. If we are going to play route 1 football then the players providing the initial passes, ie full backs or centre halves, need to be pinpoint in their passing. On Thursday night I don't recall too many accurate passes. Too often it was hit & hopes. All that does is allow fans on here to come to the conclusion that it's all Higgy fault

Ojamma is fine, his effort can't be questioned, no doubt he has ability. Just needs to improve his decision making which will hopefully come as well as improving his vision of the game. Nothing to wrory about.

Good few doses of common sense.

MOTHERWELL striker Henrik Ojamaa hasn’t scored this term but insists he’s not a one-season wonder.

The 21-year-old was an overnight sensation when he arrived at Fir Park from Finnish side RoPS in January.

His original one-month deal was quickly transformed into a two-year deal by boss Stuart McCall after Ojamaa scored five goals in his first six appearances.

He finished the last campaign with nine goals from 21 games but the Estonian admits defenders have worked out how to deal with his style.

However, he’s determined to find new ways to beat them — starting against St Mirren today.

Ojamaa said: “This season is a real challenge for me. I’m my own biggest critic and, for me, it’s all about improving.

“I want to make sure I take the next step and enjoy another good season. That’s the test I’ve set myself and it isn’t getting any easier.

“Of course, when defenders know about you — and they study tapes and so on — they will take measures to try and stop me.

“They know I like the ball to feet so St Johnstone recently used a screening midfielder and that reduced my service.

“I’m just going to need to mix my game up so I can continue doing the things I do well.

“If I can do that I’m sure the goals will come for me and the results will come for the team. We have to keep doing the business in the league because that’s what earned us the European ties in the first place.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4504518/Henrik-Ojamaa-Dont-call-me-a-one-season-wonder.html#ixzz24blBHoML

Go on yourself wee man, hope he grabs his first of the season today.

• Like 1

Ojamma played well against St Mirren and once he gets that first goal of the season he will be fine.

Can't ever question his attitude - he gives 100% on the pitch and thats all we can ask.

Exactly, it’s not working out for him at the moment but the guy certainly gives his all for the team.

Ojamma played well against St Mirren and once he gets that first goal of the season he will be fine.

Can't ever question his attitude - he gives 100% on the pitch and thats all we can ask.

I heard the moaning c**t that sits behind me in the east saying, 'That Ojamma's fucking lazy at times!'

I had my head in my hands at that point

He looked like he was utterly knackered, but that's nowt to do with laziness.

Faddy was always knackered after 70 odd minutes as well.

and mind Ross Forbes...? Lucky if he wasn't breathing out his arse after 7.

Fitness issues?

Faddy was always knackered after 70 odd minutes as well.

and mind Ross Forbes...? Lucky if he wasn't breathing out his arse after 7.

Fitness issues?

Perhaps.

I certainly don't buy that a professional should be as tired (looking?) as that after 6 games of a season, whether we're in Europe or the SPL.

He still tries to run after everything, but I'm wary that he pulls something.