Ojamaa

CoF

I would say now that there is no way in hell they were looking at Ojamaa for their reason being there. He might have caught their eye, but you would not come to a game and scout a player that has made two sub appearances before last night. More likely there to watch any of the first team regulars.

Never know - he has been getting a fair bit of press.

Could be two different scenarios here.

1. We took a punt on an unknown and can barely scrape together the pennies for his modest wage but he's just happy to play first team football. Could get a longer term deal

2. He's was already on the radar of bigger clubs has taken a wage cut to be put in the SPL shop window. Unlikely to get a longer term deal.

In his Rancid interview he mentions having to prove himself here, hoping for something to materialise at the end of the season, Motherwell are his first choice.... makes me think it might be first one. Interesting eh.

Could be two different scenarios here.

1. We took a punt on an unknown and can barely scrape together the pennies for his modest wage but he's just happy to play first team football. Could get a longer term deal

2. He's was already on the radar of bigger clubs has taken a wage cut to be put in the SPL shop window. Unlikely to get a longer term deal.

In his Rancid interview he mentions having to prove himself here, hoping for something to materialise at the end of the season, Motherwell are his first choice.... makes me think it might be first one. Interesting eh.

I like the cut of his jib!

He might not turn out to be a 20goal per season striker, but he is what we have been crying out for, i.e. someone who can take people on AND is not afraid to shoot. He added a new dimension to our game and got the whole team involved. Suddenly we had a new out ball& someone to work with higgy getting on the end of his knockdowns.

Ojamma might not turn into the teams superstar, but he could easily make himself a key member of our team.

SIGN HIM!!

From today's Express.

HENRIK OJAMAA HAPPY TO SETTLE DOWN AT MOTHERWELL

Henrik Ojamaa reckons he’s found the perfect place to shine in Motherwell.

Thursday January 26,2012

By Gary Keown

HENRIK OJAMAA has spent four years travelling Europe in search of his real big break and reckons he’s found the perfect place to shine in Motherwell.

The 20-year-old Estonian forward was outstanding in his first start for the Steelmen and scored one before setting up another in the 3-1 home win over Dunfermline.

He was given a standing ovation by the claret-and-amber faithful when being replaced by Bob McHugh with 18 minutes to go.

And he’s keen to make sure his initial four-month stay in Lanarkshire is a career-changing experience after mixed spells in England, Germany, Holland and Finland.

Ojamaa said: “I am only 20, but I have played in a few different places.I was with the first-team for a year with Derby, but there were three different first-team managers in the time I was there.

“When a new boss comes in, he obviously wants to start off with experienced players. I did play about 15 games on loan at Fortuna, although not all of them were starts.

So far, I’ve spent time in Germany, Holland and Finland and, at this age, I think it is all about trying to find a place where you can get playing time.

“There is no point being at a big club and only getting one or two games a season. You want to find somewhere you feel you can develop and here provides me with a very good opportunity.

“The manager and the older players have a lot to teach me here.It was great the way things went against Dunfermline.It was hard because we were a man down after Stephen Craigan had been sent-off and I had to do a lot of running.

“I haven’t played a full game in a while and it was a bit hard on the legs, but I think I did enough.The back end of the first half, in particular, was high-tempo with a lot of fighting and not a lot of football being played.”

Ojamaa left home at the tender age of 16 to join Derby and then moved on to Alemannia Aachen when County told him his contract wasn’t being renewed.The Germans farmed him out to Fortuna Sittard in Holland and he then went to lowly Finnish outfit RoPS under freedom of contract once again.

He couldn’t prevent them from being relegated, though, and landed another short-term deal at Fir Park.

Ojamaa gives the feeling he’d like to settle somewhere and get plenty of games under his belt, but insists it is too early to talk about winning a longer-term contract with the Steelmen.

He said: “I am very, very happy here and I enjoy playing for Motherwell because the changing-room is brilliant and we’ve got a great group of lads.I am just going to enjoy it here in the time I have got left on my contract.

“It is too early to talk about what will happen after that, but I like it here a lot.My main target is just to keep Motherwell where they are in the table at the moment.”

Also liking cut of his jib. Well worth the risking of tying down to a longer term deal.

Full of running, decent touch and movement and not afraid to shoot. Looks strong enough to mix it in the SPL.

I'd risk trying for 2 year extension on what he has. Wouldn't break the budget for him but might be someone we see a return on.

Just in from the game and first things first, I love the wee guy Ojaama. He is just like McDonald and Arnott. Two tremendous finishes today one with his left and one with his right. Really sparking our season on.

When did St Johnstone turn into such a bunch of cloggers. Really physical side today and fairly left the boot in. Never a penalty in a million years and another baffling performance from one of the SPl's finest.

Onto the game. great result and good performances from Jennings, Hutch, Clancy and of course OJ. We were cruising in the first half until the great strike from Morris, then at half time Smc seemed to change the formation and swapped Murph and Law which seemed to me to unsettle the team. Enter Oj wth a great finish and Lasleys deflected strike seemed to settle it until the penalty made things tense.

Does anyone know what was said that made Hately react as much near the end to the well fans, last thing we need. I noticed very few of our players at the final whistle applauding the support as is the norm. Most just put there heads down and walked off the pitch.

When did St Johnstone turn into such a bunch of cloggers. Really physical side today and fairly left the boot in. Never a penalty in a million years and another baffling performance from one of the SPl's finest.

One of the things I enjoyed about the match. No quarter asked or taken gets the atmosphere going in a ground. And probably the worst one of the match was Clancy on Sandaza - ooofff!

yep have to take a chance and get him signed up for longer. As was said, if you wait to confirm his talent then it's too late cause we won't have enough money to compete with all the other clubs who would then like to sign him. Surely we can get him signed up with some agreement to allow him to move on if an english or foreign club comes in for him. Certainly don't want him to move to another Scottish club,

If he keeps scoring the way he does there's no way he'll be with us next year! We really do need to offer him a 2 year deal or something ASAP. 4 goals in 2 starts is superb.

If you write out his whole starts it's actually scary we found him in the middle of December, although he last club plays a summer season.

2 starts, 2 sub appearances, 4 goals, 2 assists and I don't think his shots level would be much higher than his goal tally either....

And in his own words he's not a goalscorer :laugh: