The Well Society

stuwell

Anybody know the answer to this? Been filling my own form in tonight and would rather spread it over 6-7 months than 4.

I would doubt it - They are offering instalments of four months (not 4 payments on dates to be chosen by the supporter) - the example quoted is 10 months :wallbash:. If they wanted to make it 6 or 7 months they would have offered emm............................... 6-7 months, or perhaps 10..

Anyway mere speculation - contact the 'Well Society and see what they say

EDIT - just had a look at the form and it isn't clear when they require payment - leaving it to the individual to complete - logic would suggest 4 consecutive payments, but it certainly isn't obvious.

I would doubt it - They are offering instalments of four months (not 4 payments on dates to be chosen by the supporter) - the example quoted is 10 months :wallbash:. If they wanted to make it 6 or 7 months they would have offered emm............................... 6-7 months, or perhaps 10..

Anyway mere speculation - contact the 'Well Society and see what they say.

Aye but they left the payment date blank which was why I asked the question. If it was four months March, April, May and June why did they leave the section blank and not just put the months in?

I don't really know what the :wallbash: is all about. People are just wanting to find out information. Let's hope the club don't act like that when I send them the email or they're getting hee haw of my money.

• Like 1

Aye but they left the payment date blank which was why I asked the question. If it was four months March, April, May and June why did they leave the section blank and not just put the months in?

I don't really know what the :wallbash: is all about. People are just wanting to find out information. Let's hope the club don't act like that when I send them the email or they're getting hee haw of my money.

FFS ask the question and you'll get your answer, one phone call is all it took for all my questions to be answered. Stop making dramas out of not very much.

FWIW my undestanding is you decide on the months, doesn't have to be 4 consecutive, I believe it can be quarterly but all you have to do is pick up the phone, ask for Alison and listen carefully to her reply. I'll refrain from doing the wee Meerkat thing but it really is not very difficult at all. 4 payments of £75 folks, Or pay less until you're a bit more flush then put it up, there are ways and means to make this easier but I sense the usual Motherwell fans apathy making things harder than they need to be.

FFS ask the question and you'll get your answer, one phone call is all it took for all my questions to be answered. Stop making dramas out of not very much.

FWIW my undestanding is you decide on the months, doesn't have to be 4 consecutive, I believe it can be quarterly but all you have to do is pick up the phone, ask for Alison and listen carefully to her reply. I'll refrain from doing the wee Meerkat thing but it really is not very difficult at all. 4 payments of £75 folks, Or pay less until you're a bit more flush then put it up, there are ways and means to make this easier but I sense the usual Motherwell fans apathy making things harder than they need to be.

Wait a minute here, my email has been sent and I am not the one making the drama here. I asked on here first because I thought it would be quicker. Some people may have asked the question and got an answer including you. When you responded to my earlier post on this thread you indicated that you had been in contact with the club so I posted on here hoping you could answer it alot quicker without the need to bother the club because they must be getting thousands of emails and phone calls just now. I also thought if you couldn't have answered it then someone else may have. It is a thread about the Well Society so was I hoping for too much?

Oh aye if you're going to pull people up for making dramas why not have a go at Steelman1991 for getting frustrated at a simple query.

Oh aye there is no apathy on my part. I may be a little ignorant when it comes to the well societ but I am not apathetic.

• Like 1

Wait a minute here, my email has been sent and I am not the one making the drama here. I asked on here first because I thought it would be quicker. Some people may have asked the question and got an answer including you. When you responded to my earlier post on this thread you indicated that you had been in contact with the club so I posted on here hoping you could answer it alot quicker without the need to bother the club because they must be getting thousands of emails and phone calls just now. I also thought if you couldn't have answered it then someone else may have. It is a thread about the Well Society so was I hoping for too much?

Oh aye if you're going to pull people up for making dramas why not have a go at Steelman1991 for getting frustrated at a simple query.

Oh aye there is no apathy on my part. I may be a little ignorant when it comes to the well societ but I am not apathetic.

And I've tried to answer from the answers I got, as for the rest, jumped in a bit although not necessarily aimed at you alone but frustration at what seems to be the usual apathy geting in the way of an important issue. Sorry.

• Like 1

And I've tried to answer from the answers I got, as for the rest, jumped in a bit although not necessarily aimed at you alone but frustration at what seems to be the usual apathy geting in the way of an important issue. Sorry.

It's cool and I'm grateful for the answer that I got but I just think we should welcome questions on here no matter how stupid they may seem because if it puts one persons mind at rest and they join up then we have a result. As soon as I saw Finlay's post with the address the email got sent (cheers Finlay btw :cheers: ) and I will have an answer. I didn't receive a pack so I am not clued up on it as much as others and I could do my own research but I am in the process of moving and my heed is pretty fucked up so I took the easy option,..........or what I thought was the easy option :laugh: .

But anyway mon the Well Society :drinks: .

LOL - I actually edited my post to reflect my further observations on the payment options. Seemed logical that a payment scheme would have a time limit or defined period.

Hi Michael

Thank you for your interest in The Well Society

In order to comply with the Consumer Credit Act, we are able to take a maximum of 4 installments over a 9 month period. The dates of the payments are entirely up to you, although we do need to meet our target of £250,000 by March.

If you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Alison

Hi Michael

Thank you for your interest in The Well Society

In order to comply with the Consumer Credit Act, we are able to take a maximum of 4 installments over a 9 month period. The dates of the payments are entirely up to you, although we do need to meet our target of £250,000 by March.

If you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Alison

thumbup.gif

Maybe I'm being mean, lack community spirit, or don't really care about my club??

I think the money I spend at the gate, in the club shop, at away games in the cup is more than enough.

I'm maybe more of the opinion...

ask not what I can do for Motherwell,

but what Motherwell have done for me..

I could make sacrifices and give Motherwell another £300, but what would it be spent on? Paying £100k a year to journeymen from the English lower leagues? Maintaining a crumbling stadium that was neglected when paying £400k a year to a slightly higher calibre of journeyman?

Charity begins at home, and as much as I live following Motherwell, it's an easy decision to be selfish on this one. Football clubs have got themselves in this mess while fleecing the paying punter, so why should the paying punter now bail them out???

I'm completely swaying from one side to the next in this discussion.

While I would genuinely like to contribute to the cause, financially I'm not sure where I'm going to get the funds to do so in the coming months and whether I'd be able to justify to myself why I'm doing so...never mind explaining to the misses why £75.00 keeps mysteriously disappearing from the bank account every second month...!!

I think if a way could be found to spread the cost over 12 months instead of 4 then the uptake would be significantly higher.

Most folk could probably afford £25 a month over 12 months rather than 4 payments of £75.

Mibbe Cash Convertors could give us all interest free loans over a year?

Maybe I'm being mean, lack community spirit, or don't really care about my club??

I think the money I spend at the gate, in the club shop, at away games in the cup is more than enough.

I'm maybe more of the opinion...

ask not what I can do for Motherwell,

but what Motherwell have done for me..

I could make sacrifices and give Motherwell another £300, but what would it be spent on? Paying £100k a year to journeymen from the English lower leagues? Maintaining a crumbling stadium that was neglected when paying £400k a year to a slightly higher calibre of journeyman?

Charity begins at home, and as much as I live following Motherwell, it's an easy decision to be selfish on this one. Football clubs have got themselves in this mess while fleecing the paying punter, so why should the paying punter now bail them out???

I don't think you're being selfish - this is a purely voluntary scheme giving people who want to, the chance to buy into the club and have somewhat of a say (however small or indirect) in the club's running.

I disagree, however, that we are in a mess. We continue to run as a breakeven club, and this scheme removes our dependency on the banks, or worse, some money man, who might not have our best interests at heart.

• Like 1

I disagree, however, that we are in a mess. We continue to run as a breakeven club, and this scheme removes our dependency on the banks, or worse, some money man, who might not have our best interests at heart.

I'm a shareholder at Fir Park and although I' no financial expert would agree 100% we are NOT in a mess. At no point in any of the meetings did anyone from the club say that we were in a financial mess. We're not rich, but by the same token are not in any financial trouble.

The St Mirren fan recently tried a similar scheme to this, so a fans society could own the club. They raised 1.5 million quid, but the board demanded 2 million to sell up and so the scheme failed. If those fans can raise 1.5 million to put into the back pocket of Gilmour etc. for a chance to own their club I think it'd be pretty embarrassing if we can't raise 250,000 to help the club out, considerring we're to be gifted the shares.

I can't believe that level of apathy exists among our support.

I know not everybody can afford it. If not, chip in with a couple of mates and buy one membership between you, or sign your kids up for the juinior membership, don't just shoot the idea down in flames.

The St Mirren fan recently tried a similar scheme to this, so a fans society could own the club. They raised 1.5 million quid, but the board demanded 2 million to sell up and so the scheme failed. If those fans can raise 1.5 million to put into the back pocket of Gilmour etc. for a chance to own their club I think it'd be pretty embarrassing if we can't raise 250,000 to help the club out, considerring we're to be gifted the shares.

I know not everybody can afford it. If not, chip in with a couple of mates and buy one membership between you, or sign your kids up for the juinior membership, don't just shoot the idea down in flames.

Oh now that's set a lightbulb or two flashing above my head!!!!

At the current moment in time much as I its something I'd love to do, current circumstances mean it would be difficult. However at first thought that does strike me as something that I could feel I contribute to - one (or multiple if the case may be) Steelmen Online memberships anyone, in the same way we used do to the Player Sponsorship?

Accepting ofcourse there may be difficulties in terms of different sums being contributed by posters and who would have the say when it came to voting but for the purpose of making it inclusive to those such as myself keen to get involved but just currently don't the £300 quid, assuming its legal, I think you've hit upon a great idea there HanoMaSano.

Anything of a similar mind that its worth exploring? I'd be happy to send the necessary email on behalf of the site if there was sufficient interest.

I'm not in the least surprised. Our support is very diverse and there will be all shades of opinions. Leaving aside the important issue of cost and assuming all our "fans" could afford to join.... there are those who will join willingly to help the club, there are those who are lukewarm and can be persuaded to join, there are those who simply don't care, there are those who are scrutinising the small print if find out if its value for money, these are those who think they give enough already to MFC and there are those who are vehemently against the scheme. Many of our fans simply turn up on matchdays to be entertained and believe the club runs itself. Thats life I guess.

Its interesting that Dundee is heading the opposite way. As you'll all know, the club was bought by the fans after the Callum Melville and other disasters. A good thing you might think. They recently took a vote to sell the controlling interest to "white business knights". The vote was lost. However another vote was organised and as far as I know the original decision was overturned. The reason being that Dundee is by right a Premier League Club and ok it will reach the SPL again by bringing in and developing its own young players. However this could take years and the fans simply don't have time. Dundee should be in the SPL next season. Very short termism in my view and a very dangerous path to go down. You'd have thought they'd have learned their lesson.

I sincerely do hope that the scheme gets underway but am concerned that the deadline of early March is cutting it too fine as quite a few folk I know are saving up and hard.

Completely out of the blue, the misses asked me last night if I was signing up for this. Said to her I wasn't sure and didn't know if I could justify the outlay to myself. It was actually her that convinced me to go for it.

So aye, I'll be signing up.

But I do think some of the chat on here is a bit off. Everybody's situations are different. Some posters would do well to remember that not everyone has the spare cash kicking around to give to a football team without hitting out with the Billy Big-Baws attitude.

• Like 3

But I do think some of the chat on here is a bit off. Everybody's situations are different. Some posters would do well to remember that not everyone has the spare cash kicking around to give to a football team without hitting out with the Billy Big-Baws attitude.

I agree. Not everyone has that kind of money to give away, especially in this financial climate. If it's a choice between getting a season ticket or paying into this, I know what option I'll be going for.

The point is that some people pay their season ticket money and don't feel the need to invest more money into the club. Just because the scheme is there doesn't automatically mean that people should sign up.

Also why would it be embarrassing? Oh dear - small provincial club fails to raise enough cash for ownership in the middle of a downturn where fans are already paying way over the odds for a pretty sub standard product. There is nothing to be ashamed of there.

Also why would it be embarrassing? Oh dear - small provincial club fails to raise enough cash for ownership in the middle of a downturn where fans are already paying way over the odds for a pretty sub standard product. There is nothing to be ashamed of there.

But the people running the scheme will have taken account of all of that if they've done their job even halfway properly, and set expectations accordingly. If they have, and it still doesn't work, then it would be slightly embarrassing for them, if not for the fans. If they haven't, and it doesn't work either, all the more so.

If St Mirren raised £1.5 million then I think it is embarrassing if we can't raise £250,000.

We aren't talking about raising enough money to stage a takeover of the club (as was the case for St. Mirren) we're talking about being able to raise the bare minimum to make it workable for us to be GIFTED the shares.

Some things aren't perfect, the minimum buy in at £300 will be out-with some peoples budget, but as I said before there are ways around this. There's nothing to stop friends/family chipping in and buying a membership between them, even if it would have to be in one name. The timing has been poor (through nobody’s fault) being just after Christmas, IMO the deadline should be extended if we don't reach the target before March to reflect this.

Some people will not want to be involved, and that's fair enough. But some will want to criticise the running of the club, have the money, but not stump up to have their say on how the club is run going forward.

I'm not saying people should sign up if they can't afford it. What I am saying is that if you are in the position where you CAN afford the membership, and you care about the future of Motherwell FC, then put up or shut up.

Also I would dissagree that what the boys are serving up this season is a "sub standard product", but that's a different argument.