The Well Society

stuwell

Thought we might have heard a wee announcement about this just before kick off. Could have been a nice lift for the crowd and a cheeky wee dig at our opposition. Possible that a wee bit of red tape still to be cut through right enough.

Just announced on twitter the announcement will be made tomorrow. No doubt at all it will be positive.

Now where do you all think the other £1.25m that they hope to raise through the Society will come from?

I know therr will still be some waiting to commit but I think part of the strategy might be to ask people who have already subscribed to, gradually, take the step up to the next level. A thorough targeting of local businesses as well will no doubt be planned, if not already acted upon.

Great news. Very impressed by the total. I had no doubt the £250,000 target would be reached but I thought it would be a lot closer than that. To have exceeded the target by over £85,000 is fantastic and hopefully the membership total continues to grow.

Great effort by all involved. Still a lot to do to reach £1.5 million though, so we need to do what we can to keep the money rolling in!

It's only the start, don't thnk there's any deadlines in place to reach that total is there? Anyway we have the base to build on, plenty folks said they couldn't afford it just now, situations can change as we roll along and I'm sure more will join once they see it is a definite goer. But it is only the beginning, plenty more hard work ahead to make us the best fan owned club around.

I've always harboured the notion that it would be brilliant to have such a scheme in place at my club, now it's here I am delighted and I hope there are many other just waiting on developments before committing to it. Come on troops, the club is ours, always has been in our hearts, now it can be in body and we can make a big difference in the football world if we do it right and show others the way forward.

Im definatley in the above boat Fatcalf. Would love to participate but not in a place in my life where I can afford it, still repaying wedding and mortgage deposit to the old bank of mum and dad. Going forward however I would definatley like to contribute in future.

A massive well done to all who have been able to contribute and to those at the club who put the scheme in place.

:thumbup:

Maybe local MPs would like to bring something to their community and sign up for such a positive local initiative... :rolleyes:

Considering our locally elected politicians are mostly tims, this is doubtful.