The Well Society

stuwell

I got an email from Alison to say it will be, at least for those of us who live overseas. Don't know if those who just can't make it will be similarly accommodated, though.

I have also requested details of how to vote if unable to attend. Whether overseas or not it has to be a level playing field and every eligible member should have their say. It would be a shame if under 50% (my estimate of attendance) will have a say on election of board members.

How did these 22 candidates manage to become candidates? Is that just the people who put their hand up or were there others? And if there was then what makes these 22 better candidates? Just hoping it's all being done above board & not a sneaky way of getting us to choose between 22 yes men.

How did these 22 candidates manage to become candidates? Is that just the people who put their hand up or were there others? And if there was then what makes these 22 better candidates? Just hoping it's all being done above board & not a sneaky way of getting us to choose between 22 yes men.

Excerpt from correspondence sent out on 11th September, section highlighted in particular .....

The approval by shareholders means we can now call our first Well Society meeting which will be held on the 24th October at 7pm at South Dalziel Studios, Motherwell. You will be contacted in due course with the agenda for the evening however the purpose of the meeting will be to deal with the process of incorporating the Society and importantly, we want to formally elect officers to the board of the Society. If you hold an adult membership and would like to be considered for a post within the Society board then we'd like to hear from you. Contact wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk or speak to Alison Wallace on 01698 338006. You will receive official notice of the meeting in due course and details of roles and responsibilities of office bearers will be included in the notice.

As for their credentials, presumably candidates were asked to list their suitability for the role as each have a "profile" ranging from little more than a brief summary no more than a paragraph long through to some akin to full CV's.

A request for volunteers to put their names forward for positions on the WS Board was included in the letter accompanying the Membership Cards.

Excerpt from correspondence sent out on 11th September, section highlighted in particular .....

As for their credentials, presumably candidates were asked to list their suitability for the role as each have a "profile" ranging from little more than a brief summary no more than a paragraph long through to some akin to full CV's.

A request for volunteers to put their names forward for positions on the WS Board was included in the letter accompanying the Membership Cards.

Cheers for the info guys certainly clears it up a bit.

Surely 22 folk applied, and that's who we choose from?

Or is like the X Factor where they weed folk out before they get near Simon Cowell and co?

That was my initial question & if what Andy says is true then there is a weeding out process going on peoples credentials. Don't know if i like this idea as lets be honest if some complete numpty was a candidate they wouldn't get voted in so why not just let everyone who put their hand up have an equal shout of getting in.

Anyone know how many from on here applied?

Scanning through the list of candidates I can pick out grahamb (Graham Barnstaple) and SpecialAKA (David Morrison).

There may be others possibly but without being able to put usernames to Sunday names it's difficult to say. But certainly those two posters are included within the twenty-two.

Proxy votes will be allowed as normal, Alison just working through those who can attend and those who cannot.

Expect another piece of communication from her in the next few days.

It is important that if you are a member that you vote, on the night in person or by proxy - both just the same value.

The next challenge will be for the 4 nominated to appoint a chairman etc from the 4 and then get co-opted directors on board from groups such as disabled supporters, Trust and or association etc etc

That was my initial question & if what Andy says is true then there is a weeding out process going on peoples credentials. Don't know if i like this idea as lets be honest if some complete numpty was a candidate they wouldn't get voted in so why not just let everyone who put their hand up have an equal shout of getting in.

No, 22 people applied for consideration and all 22 are up for vote as per the articles of association.

Cheers for the info guys certainly clears it up a bit.

Where did Andy say there was a weeding out process?

There was no weeding out process. Nominations were sought from members and that was it. I would hope however that some basic "weeding out" or more accurately check is carried out to ensure that those elected are "fit and proper" persons.

I've been going to Fir Park now for over 50 years and know at most 3 or 4 of the candidates. Other long standing fans I have spoken to know few of the candidates either. In the main I will assess them objectively on the basis of their statements, as will most folk I'd think.

No they don't seem to want to answer that question

Maybe if I call it a shambles I'll get a response

Possibly the club have had to rethink they're protocol on it

My impression was that if you responded to Alison's email that you couldn't attend in person you would get an 'in absentia' vote.

Responded to Email from Alison on the day it came out. Advised that I could not attend and asked about the possibility of a postal or online vote. Six days later and still awaiting any sort of reply. Seems like it's something they had not considered.

Proxy votes will be allowed as normal, Alison just working through those who can attend and those who cannot.

It is important that if you are a member that you vote, on the night in person or by proxy - both just the same value.

I am waiting on the further communication mentioned above. I'm presuming this will give details on how those of us who are unable to attend will be able to vote.

My impression was that if you responded to Alison's email that you couldn't attend in person you would get an 'in absentia' vote.

That might be an impression I had, if I got a response

Or even, if the letter/communication from the club even hinted at it, I and dare say hundreds of others wouldn't have had to ask and would have held a positive view on how these votes are going to be managed instead of suspecting that plans are being cobbled together

Any word yet on being able to vote "in absentia"?

just got on a pc and I see Leeann has replied on a previous page, its much appreciated, but I really hope that every time she has to respond she takes in to account that by just including a little more detail in the announcement much of the negativity and workload can be averted and all of the fans or members can be reached instead of the minority who catch a post on here

The next challenge will be for the 4 nominated to appoint a chairman etc from the 4 and then get co-opted directors on board from groups such as disabled supporters, Trust and or association etc etc

No, 22 people applied for consideration and all 22 are up for vote as per the articles of association.

I'm also hoping that "proxy votes will be allowed as normal"? (have we had votes to make it normal?) is just the incorrect phrase

and postal or email voting is also an option, as I'm sure many members dont have an appointed person they can trust who will be attending