The Well Society

stuwell

reliably informed that you can get a replacement membership card - the card printing machine has just been fixed, its breakdown delayed membership packs being posted to recently-joined members, but all fixed now.

if you want a replacement just email wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk with your details and explain what happened

as regards whether you will need it for anything, I don't think so, all Well Society members will be on the club database, so if ever you are going to a meeting or using benefits then they will use that. But clearly it's useful for turning lights on so feel free to order another

Hi, fair point, there is actually a lengthy statement pretty much written about recent developments at the club, it should hopefully be out tomorrow. another will follow on the Well Society administration, and another to follow quickly on the deal with Les, that one is admittedly overdue, but all will be out this week

Just feel we have to keep you on your toes. As this is Thursday evening, and as you've delivered on one out of the three, then there are still two announcements remaining and only a few days of this week left. I don't expect to see anything on Saturday night so it really only leaves today, Friday and Sunday.

Manage expectations and deliver on them, I'm only bringing this up as the WS haven't had the best track record for doing this.

Just feel we have to keep you on your toes. As this is Thursday evening, and as you've delivered on one out of the three, then there are still two announcements remaining and only a few days of this week left. I don't expect to see anything on Saturday night so it really only leaves today, Friday and Sunday.

Manage expectations and deliver on them, I'm only bringing this up as the WS haven't had the best track record for doing this.

Give the Society a break. There are still 3 days of this week to go. Talk about picking someone up before they fall. Wait until Monday morning and by all means if we've heard no more raise the issue then.

• Like 2

Erm No, the option was not to (as everyone connected has been guilty of to date minus a few grumblings on here) or press them to deliver. I opted for the latter, I have no desire to keep my mouth shut and see if they manage it without cajoling as they've repeatedly failed to deliver.

Even the response to my earlier post they admitted "that one is admittedly overdue" with respect to an update on Les. How many "breaks" do we give them?

So what's the 3 options? Say nothing, they deliver, happy days. Say nothing, they fail to deliver, I get to say "told you so" or say something and they're held to account and we find out what's going on. I'm not interested in points scoring, I'm interested in this body reporting back in a timely manner and honouring promises and if that gets your panties in a twist, so be it.

I'll be content not to get the stick out but only when they can prove they don't need hit with it.

Well, in the call for more people to come to the next three games they mentioned the need for the extra cash, so I don't see them dropping prices in that case. It was also made clear in Flow's podcast that one off price drops wouldn't happen again, as they don't work long-term.

Erm No, the option was not to (as everyone connected has been guilty of to date minus a few grumblings on here) or press them to deliver. I opted for the latter, I have no desire to keep my mouth shut and see if they manage it without cajoling as they've repeatedly failed to deliver.

Even the response to my earlier post they admitted "that one is admittedly overdue" with respect to an update on Les. How many "breaks" do we give them?

So what's the 3 options? Say nothing, they deliver, happy days. Say nothing, they fail to deliver, I get to say "told you so" or say something and they're held to account and we find out what's going on. I'm not interested in points scoring, I'm interested in this body reporting back in a timely manner and honouring promises and if that gets your panties in a twist, so be it.

I'll be content not to get the stick out but only when they can prove they don't need hit with it.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck if their messages come out this week or next.

Dont get me wrong I 100% do get the point you make, in principle, delivering on what they are saying. But at the end of the day if all that happens is a message comes out this Monday rather than Sunday and there is no real dependency on that communication coming out on the Sunday in the first place (other than because a poster on a message board wants to 'get the stick out') then I am fine with that.

Would you like to see and sign off on their communication plan? It sounds like you want to be their manager.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck if their messages come out this week or next.

Dont get me wrong I 100% do get the point you make, in principle, delivering on what they are saying. But at the end of the day if all that happens is a message comes out this Monday rather than Sunday and there is no real dependency on that communication coming out on the Sunday in the first place (other than because a poster on a message board wants to 'get the stick out') then I am fine with that.

Would you like to see and sign off on their communication plan? It sounds like you want to be their manager.

Why because I'm one of the few calling them out? Difference is, I make realistic targets and therefore deliver on them. If I can't make it then I don't just bury my head in the sand, I approach those affected and advise I need an extra few days.

I have no interest in managing them, didn't realise asking for delivery equated to a desire for that. However as a member of the WS I'm entitled to hold them to account. I do take it you give a fuck about them honouring their promises?

It's all about managing expectations, if they say you'll have stuff this week then do it. If not, don't say so in the first place. It's a pretty simple thing to do.

If things are allowed to continually slip then it becomes accepted and it will permeate through everything. I've seen it happen repeatedly in all facets of life.

Agreed. Don't really get it to be honest. "We're shit the now, bring a friend at full price" isn't going to attract many others to a game.

On Twitter at least, the message was "Please tell your pals they can go to all five games before the split for as little as £30 with a flexi-ticket"

Why because I'm one of the few calling them out? Difference is, I make realistic targets and therefore deliver on them. If I can't make it then I don't just bury my head in the sand, I approach those affected and advise I need an extra few days.

I have no interest in managing them, didn't realise asking for delivery equated to a desire for that. However as a member of the WS I'm entitled to hold them to account. I do take it you give a fuck about them honouring their promises?

It's all about managing expectations, if they say you'll have stuff this week then do it. If not, don't say so in the first place. It's a pretty simple thing to do.

If things are allowed to continually slip then it becomes accepted and it will permeate through everything. I've seen it happen repeatedly in all facets of life.

I am just not that fussed about comms being delivered potentially a little late. That does not permeate into my thinking about other matters related to the WS.

Managing expectations, your absolutely right, but shit happens in life. Especially when everyone involved in the WS is doing it off their own back for nowt.

I'm with Goggles I'm afraid.

Have not joined as yet, didn't think it would work in the term given. Delusional was a word I used in an earlier post. Watched from a far & noted how things progressed.

Oooohhhh, let's buy the club, let's throw our hard earned at it.....but my goodness, question why we hear nothing, how dare we.

Terms now changed, my ears prick up, yet zero confidence remains.

I settled the balance for a flag in the east stand ffs, I don't look for much of a return.....communication costs nothing.

I think there is a balance to be struck with criticism of the WS here, that's all. I am maybe not as demanding a member from a communication perspective as others which is fine. But, I certainly have my demands and level of expectation elsewhere. Comms were not great before but, in my eyes, now much improved.

I think there is a balance to be struck with criticism of the WS here, that's all. I am maybe not as demanding a member from a communication perspective as others which is fine. But, I certainly have my demands and level of the expectations elsewhere. Comms were not great before but, in my eyes, now much improved.

I really, really do hear you. I'm not picking a fight, nor demeaning current members who joined early believing in what was put before them - I just feel, those who have held back, have done for a reason.

From a personal point of view, those reasons remain fraught with big signs saying "stay away son"

I really, really do hear you. I'm not picking a fight, nor demeaning current members who joined early believing in what was put before them - I just feel, those who have held back, have done for a reason.

From a personal point of view, those reasons remain fraught with big signs saying "stay away son"

Thre key thing here is that even if I have a differing opinion on the comm issue to yourself and Goggles the fact is you won't be the only two so the WS need to address those concerns correctly to keep and then build the numbers.

Ok, so I'm sure like me, many of you received the email this week asking to bring a friend etc...may I make a suggestion the those in authority within the Well Society....Posters...with Anier....Dundee Utd Striker! Surely someone can sneak a wee fly hour aff their work & run off 20 or so new ones with a current Well Hero....I suggest Boab McHugh! After all, we know what he's like with the burds!!!

Ok, so I'm sure like me, many of you received the email this week asking to bring a friend etc...may I make a suggestion the those in authority within the Well Society....Posters...with Anier....Dundee Utd Striker! Surely someone can sneak a wee fly hour aff their work & run off 20 or so new ones with a current Well Hero....I suggest Boab McHugh! After all, we know what he's like with the burds!!!

I remember when we had Phil O'Donnell on the front cover of the programme every week when he was a Celtic player!

• 4 weeks later...

Seemed the best place to ask?

I signed my son up at the sign up event about this time last year, meaning his membership will be up for renewal or possibly overdue.

Should I be expecting to hear from the WS?

(It would seem crazy not to be getting in touch with the folk in this situation, as many won't realise or know how to renew, but be willing to do so.)