The Well Society

stuwell

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

20 minutes tops.

For an individual or small business, that's probably true... but we've certainly been told in the past that payments to the Well Society are bound by more complex legal requirements than a simple cash exchange for goods or services, which is presumably part of the hold-up here.

So more than 20 minutes and less than 2 years would be reasonable.

My bigger complaint is the general treatment of overseas and long distance members. There was a lot made at the outset of how global the Society was and all these members from all these different countries. And here we are today with no facility to make payments online and, more importantly, no way to participate in, or even listen to, any of the Well Society meetings.

More and more it feels like we are an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have contributed to the Society and help out the club as it's one of the few options open to and expat. I would stop short, however, of asking a friend to join unless they lived within spitting distance of Fir Park because otherwise they won't be able to participate at any meaningful level.

• Like 1

Reply already from Craig Hughes.

Currently in the process of setting it up and waiting on the Web developer coming back to them to get it added to the site.

Had you emailed them recently weeyin? If not I would contact them as they have been very prompt with me past 48hrs.

Currently in the process of setting it up and waiting on the Web developer coming back to them to get it added to the site.

Now adding a PayPal payment button to the site really *should* take about 20 minutes :)

Had you emailed them recently weeyin? If not I would contact them as they have been very prompt with me past 48hrs.

I gave up complaining via email about a year ago. They were always quick to reply, but nothing ever happened. I had my dad raise the paypal issue at one of the recent meetings, and he got the "we're working on it" response. That was a few months ago.

I raised the issue of not being able to participate when the first Well Sociey meeting was planned and was fobbed off with the "we dont have internet or phone lines" excuse. I raised it a few more times and only ever received more of the same.

Same when I raised the issues about most of the membership benefits being of no use to anyone except locals.

There came a point when I was just wasting my energy to even write the email.

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the Paypal option is up and running! We know quite a few people had requested it in the past and we apologize it's taken so long.

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/paypal-payments/

I am sure you can appreciate it has been a very busy few months for the society as we continue to grow. We are working hard to improve in every area. One of the major areas we are looking to improve is our engagement with members so any questions, comments or concerns feel free to drop us an email Well.Society@motherwellfc.co.uk

Thanks again for your continued support.

The Well Society

Edited by TheWellSociety
  • Like 1

I gave up complaining via email about a year ago. They were always quick to reply, but nothing ever happened. I had my dad raise the paypal issue at one of the recent meetings, and he got the "we're working on it" response. That was a few months ago.

I raised the issue of not being able to participate when the first Well Sociey meeting was planned and was fobbed off with the "we dont have internet or phone lines" excuse. I raised it a few more times and only ever received more of the same.

Same when I raised the issues about most of the membership benefits being of no use to anyone except locals.

There came a point when I was just wasting my energy to even write the email.

Haud on. Is this true?

They don't even have internet or phone lines? The people who are trying to organise a buy out of a football club?