The Well Society

stuwell

The idea of using transfer fees to repay Les Hutchison is interesting, but hopefully not so high a percentage that we don't see any real benefit from player sales.

Whether fan ownership is sustainable, we'll need to see, but there aren't exactly a queue of potential investors lining up outside Fir Park so it may be the only option available.

Perhaps the traffic on this site isn't what it once was but I think it's telling that what six hours or so after the announcement (at the time of writing) there have been a mere 20 odd posts about what could be one of the most significant moments in our recent history.

To me that illustrates that the club and the Well Society have a major task ahead in re-invigorating the notion of Fan Ownership. It's now a reality and the job really does start here.

I hope in the period that these negotiations have been ongoing the time has been well spent ensuring there is a fully prepared relaunch ahead with a clear plan that will help enthuse both those who have been hesitant and those whose interest has been lost some way along the road. Time is now of the essence now the club is "ours" and there will nothing more soul sapping to read more of the "we will shortly announce" or "we cannot state at this time" style responses to questions now the acquisition has finally come to fruition.

I'm happy to admit a mixture of excitement and a little trepidation as to what the future holds for MFC. I doubt I'm alone there. I hope what comes next will build on the former and help reduce the latter.

• Like 6

I'm happy to admit a mixture of excitement and a little trepidation as to what the future holds for MFC. I doubt I'm alone there. I hope what comes next will build on the former and help reduce the latter.

Absolutely Andy. Well the club's future is now in our hands and its up to the support to make it work end of. A bit more professionalism from the Society would not go amiss either.

Perhaps the traffic on this site isn't what it once was but I think it's telling that what six hours or so after the announcement (at the time of writing) there have been a mere 20 odd posts about what could be one of the most significant moments in our recent history.

To me that illustrates that the club and the Well Society have a major task ahead in re-invigorating the notion of Fan Ownership. It's now a reality and the job really does start here.

I hope in the period that these negotiations have been ongoing the time has been well spent ensuring there is a fully prepared relaunch ahead with a clear plan that will help enthuse both those who have been hesitant and those whose interest has been lost some way along the road. Time is now of the essence now the club is "ours" and there will nothing more soul sapping to read more of the "we will shortly announce" or "we cannot state at this time" style responses to questions now the acquisition has finally come to fruition.

They can start by issuing 3000 free season tickets to under 18's. We take in a pittance from that age group in season ticket sales as it is. I reckon about £30,000 net of VAT. £750 A WEEK OVER A 40 WEEK SEASON - we will make that back on pie sales alone.

And our new fan engagement officer will have something to run with using that offer. The commercial officer shouldn'the find it hard to squeeze another £30000 out of the current sponsors to fund it, never mind new potential sponsors.

Or The Well Society can set up an exclusive fund to match the revenue "loss." I will be first in the queue to donate to that fund.

Come on, make it free for the youngsters.

• Like 1

I'm not a current society member. But if they were to shell out free season tickets for under 18s I would be happy to sign up. As I have said in previous threads, I think all kids should get in free and would happily pay into a fund that makes that happen than pay into the society.

Apologies trying to include earlier post in my reply, but my technology is more of an abacus ....

Think we used to outsource the kiosks but I thought we had taken it back 'in house'.

Like the idea of the free season ticket and agree it's worth investigating, however as with everything the 'devil is in the detail' and it's how it is implemented that will make or break it. For example, as soon as you make something free, people want it. However if they don't then attend the seat lies empty and because it has been allocated the Club are potentially restricted as to how many 'pay at the gate' customers they can allow in or tickets they can sell for premium matches. Issues are not insurmountable but need to be thought through, otherwise end up with more problems leading to complaints and dissatisfaction.

• Like 1

Good news. I've been meaning to join up for the direct debit for a while but haven't got round to it although I did join initially with the one-off payment - I'll now try to get my finger out and finally sign up! I know things don't look great on the park at the moment but hopefully we as a support can grasp the opportunity now rather than picking fault with every detail.

As for free season tickets to under 18's, we already offer these to parents with season tickets and I'm not sure what the demand would be for an extended deal. Yes, we need to attract youngsters in but I think we should do this by making juvenile prices and season tickets affordable rather than just a give away. As for increased sales at the kiosks - yes, increased footfall would see an increase but there's only so much you can sell during a limited time, say 15 minutes at half time. It's already a struggle to buy stuff in the Cooper at half time without missing part of the game.

I like the way CMWellfan continues to put forward his opinions as fact. In this instance that £30k is the contribution lost by giving youngsters free season tickets without I assume any knowledge of the detail. Maybe if so rich he can holiday for 6 months sponsoring the free tickets would not be a problem. As said I think on another subject he does come up with some good suggestions but the way that he puts them across raises hackles amongst a lot of posters.

I like Daver have delayed joining the Society and I will sign up over the weekend. They are the only Club we have and this is the only option on offer. I also like the thought of being owner, well part owner at least. :haha: