The Well Society

stuwell

You weren't ignored the first time. The that lots of different threads haven't cropped up suggest that folk are happy enough that all Well Society posts are generally all together in the one thread regardless of whatever stage of the process we've been at.

Wake up, Andy.

We have been offered a deal by Les Hutchison to match the money we raise this year.

We don't have a thread dedicated to that offer, which is rank stupidity.

So do the right thing and start that thread - encourage supporters to have fund raising nights etc so that we can reduce the debt by as much as possible this year.

You weren't ignored the first time. The that lots of different threads haven't cropped up suggest that folk are happy enough that all Well Society posts are generally all together in the one thread regardless of whatever stage of the process we've been at.

My second point also stands - ninety pages of zombie arguments about whether or not we should support The Well Society now render this thread unfit for purpose.

It should have been locked on the day we took over ownership of the club, and a new thread started.

Wake up, Andy.

We have been offered a deal by Les Hutchison to match the money we raise this year.

We don't have a thread dedicated to that offer, which is rank stupidity.

So do the right thing and start that thread - encourage supporters to have fund raising nights etc so that we can reduce the debt by as much as possible this year.

You know that anyone has the capability to start a new topic, right?

You seem to feel very strongly about this so how's about you start the fundraising thread that you seem so astounded doesn't exist yet.

• Like 1

...... and two hunner and ninty posts of pish from you.

Theres a wee arrow on the index page that takes you to any new posts since your last visit, but since you are an internet gatekeeper with intricate knowledge of such things no need to school you.

I'm in Scotland. I'll meet you at the game on Saturday and we can discuss this further. I'm always interested to meet trolls in person. PM me to make arrangements.

You know that anyone has the capability to start a new topic, right?

You seem to feel very strongly about this so how's about you start the fundraising thread that you seem so astounded doesn't exist yet.

I'm of the opinion that the The Well Society board or mods should be running the suggested thread.

I'm of the opinion that the The Well Society board or mods should be running the suggested thread.

Not that I'm disagreeing with your previously stated views that the most should be made of the Hutchison offer but not for the first time you appear to be mistaking this forum as some kind of official fund-raising arm of the Well Society.

Should any Well Society Board member, or indeed any forum user wish to use this site as a platform to generate funds or further the aims of the Well Society then they, as they always have been, are more than welcome to do so.

And we'll be happy to help where we can. If someone wants to start a thread and have us pin it, we'll do that. If they want us to do something else we'll consider all requests.

But personally I'm not convinced it's Steelmen Online's responsibility to drive Well Society fundraising as your posts tend to suggest.

For one thing the users of the site already contribute a fair bit annually to the club through the Player Sponsorship fundraiser and we also require to occasionally call upon the goodwill of forum members to keep the site running safely and secure - something that I gather we may require to revisit again soon.

But further to that I believe it is for the Well Society to set the fundraising agenda. It's not our job to tell what to do. For them, with their existing knowledge of what works and what doesn't, what generates revenue most quickly and importantly their knowledge of what the club have in the pipeline marketing and sales wise they are the people who are best placed to orchestrate fundraising.

• Like 2

I'm in Scotland. I'll meet you at the game on Saturday and we can discuss this further. I'm always interested to meet trolls in person. PM me to make arrangements.

Aye I heard Uber was taking over California. Tough times indeed.

Do do know the PM thing works both way too? Or was your grandstanding with the subtext of a square go for dramatic effect?

Either way take a zanex between your next bout of masturbation you clownish keyboard warrior.

Maybe get more along if you can arrange the CMWellFan vs Goggles n Flippers bout on the night?

Club saviour and matchday experience guru Ryan Murrant might be interested in promoting this event on Saturday. Either that or the newly opened Club 100 could pack the place out by hosting this. Anyone running a book on this?

• Like 4

Cracking idea to have the opportunity to go and speak to board members in a less formal environment, the Q&A's that I've been to have often descended into a few people asking lots of questions.

Hopefully it goes well, the Society really need to start moving forward on the Double Your Money initiative - more events etc at the club the better surely?

• Like 2

Cracking idea to have the opportunity to go and speak to board members in a less formal environment, the Q&A's that I've been to have often descended into a few people asking lots of questions.

Hopefully it goes well, the Society really need to start moving forward on the Double Your Money initiative - more events etc at the club the better surely?

Absolutely, you know more than most that events are definitely on the agenda, just a question of selecting events, picking dates, and organising but I'd be hopeful it's something that will be pushed forward very soon.

I'm still not sure if it's a football fans thing, a Scottish football fans thing, or just a Motherwell fans thing, but there remains a difficulty in actually getting folk to turn out for events, regardless of what the actual event is. We've had it with the podcast and the Society have had it in the past too, so it's about trying to organise things that will actually see folk turning out for.

But aye, events are definitely in the pipeline. I will actually chase this up next week as things need to start being arranged, particularly over the summer, and it's been too quiet on that front lately.

Absolutely, you know more than most that events are definitely on the agenda, just a question of selecting events, picking dates, and organising but I'd be hopeful it's something that will be pushed forward very soon.

I'm still not sure if it's a football fans thing, a Scottish football fans thing, or just a Motherwell fans thing, but there remains a difficulty in actually getting folk to turn out for events, regardless of what the actual event is. We've had it with the podcast and the Society have had it in the past too, so it's about trying to organise things that will actually see folk turning out for.

But aye, events are definitely in the pipeline. I will actually chase this up next week as things need to start being arranged, particularly over the summer, and it's been too quiet on that front lately.

That's was going to be my question for tonight.

We're over a quarter of the way through the year and I appreciate it wasn't until Feb (?) that Les announced the double your money initiative but the society really need to make the most of it and gets some fundraising events in the pipeline.

Whilst it's great that people are adding £10/£20 onto their monthly pledge I think the way to make the most of the initiative is through corporate/business donations who can donate more than the vast majority individuals can afford.

Some £5k-£10k donations from local businesses could make a massive difference come the end of the year. I'd be interested to know if the business sector is something the society are targeting specifically in order to maximise income.

That's was going to be my question for tonight.

We're over a quarter of the way through the year and I appreciate it wasn't until Feb (?) that Les announced the double your money initiative but the society really need to make the most of it and gets some fundraising events in the pipeline.

Whilst it's great that people are adding £10/£20 onto their monthly pledge I think the way to make the most of the initiative is through corporate/business donations who can donate more than the vast majority individuals can afford.

Some £5k-£10k donations from local businesses could make a massive difference come the end of the year. I'd be interested to know if the business sector is something the society are targeting specifically in order to maximise income.

Hi mate, it absolutely is - there are plans to resurrect the Business Club which was a part of the Society in the early years and I do know this is something that is being actively worked towards. I'll get a more thorough response than that for you tonight though, as it's not one of the aspects I've been heavily involved in.

• Like 1

Hi mate, it absolutely is - there are plans to resurrect the Business Club which was a part of the Society in the early years and I do know this is something that is being actively worked towards. I'll get a more thorough response than that for you tonight though, as it's not one of the aspects I've been heavily involved in.

Thanks for the response Jay. I'd appreciate if the board could provide some more info following the next meeting.

Care to explain what this is to the fair weather supporters like myself?

The Erasmus programme is a grant for youth development. Literally, free money for youth development. I linked to the programme and explained the set up a few pages back.

In the recent past, £1.8 million a season was pumped into Scottish clubs via Erasmus.

My contact has said he is pretty sure, but not certain, that MFC did not apply for the grant. I would like confirmation that the club did, and if not, why not.