The Well Society

stuwell

I think you're right. The conditions he has put around his loan and the repayments have all been very much to the benefit of the club. From the restructuring of the operations, the business model and the community works, to encouraging more members and donations to the Well Society.

The success we're having this season is due to a few factors. The biggest one, in my opinion, is the foundation Les has built when he injected his cash.

Certainly the money that was invested in the pitch / groundstaff has brought visible improvements. The fees paid out for Marvin and Louis have had a massive impact. Without having insider knowledge the changes to sports science etc are much harder to judge. I think with this further announcement though Les deserves to be cut a little more slack.

I'm far from a financial whizz, but it looks to me like this "share issue" isn't actually a share issue at all, it's basically a printed certificate costing £10, which you are free to sell on for £10 later on if you wish.

No dividends, no financial rewards or incentives. Aren't those factors the very backbone on which shares are issued?

Not that I'm saying there should be any financial rewards or dividends, but surely this isn't a share issue at all?

There are many share issues that offer no dividends or financial rewards.

There are even some that don't even offer voting rights.

As far as I can tell, you do get voting rights with the Motherwell shares.

In the future, the club could offer to buy them back - in which case you might make a profit on them. Although that's less likely.

There are many share issues that offer no dividends or financial rewards.

There are even some that don't even offer voting rights.

As far as I can tell, you do get voting rights with the Motherwell shares.

In the future, the club could offer to buy them back - in which case you might make a profit on them. Although that's less likely.

Like I said, I'm no finance guru, I know next to fuck all about shares.

This just looks like a novel way of getting more people to buy into the Society from my point of view.

Allegedly they get the same voting rights thought without the ongoing monthly financial contribution.

Gonna be pedantic here and say they don't. I as WS member and shareholder will I presume get 2 votes 1 for each. However I and I guess most of the fans in either of these groups do it to support the club not for rewards as has been repeated many times. In reality though I would hope that only those members who paid a lump sum at the outset and current pledging members get to vote on future WS decision. Clarification for me at least needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to sign up someone else and pay their ongoing subscription, but can't see how to do this with me as the account holder.

Has anyone else done this and can help rid me of my stupidity... :crazy:

Send me your bank account details and online banking password and I'll be happy to arrange it for you.

Paypal might be an option, with a message to say who it's for, but I'd be more inclined just to shoot the Society an email and ask them the easiest way to do this. They're usually pretty quick to respond.

Trying to sign up someone else and pay their ongoing subscription, but can't see how to do this with me as the account holder.

Has anyone else done this and can help rid me of my stupidity... :crazy:

Just fill in their details and add your bank. Couldnt be easier

I did this in October for Me,my 2 kids and my Dad. All 4 come out of my bank

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else have a PayPal issue this month? I received an email this morning saying The Well Society had suspended my automatic payments. Wondered if it was just me or if there was a wider snafu.

I just got the same this morning. Second time it's happened to me in the past year or so.

Anyone else have a PayPal issue this month? I received an email this morning saying The Well Society had suspended my automatic payments. Wondered if it was just me or if there was a wider snafu.

No message about suspension, no, but no message to say that my monthly subs due on the 9th had actually been collected either. I just logged into PayPal to check and it definitely hasn't been taken yet - it's always been the 9th of the month before, regular as clockwork.

Think mine was due yesterday too, didn't get the paypal notification or an email from WS to say where's the dosh?

Checking my account, it was my December that never went through.

Well Society didn't notice - it was PayPal that contacted me to say it had been suspended.

I'll keep an eye on it to see if January works.

The Society has tweeted that there's been payment problems this month and its looking into them. . Anyone experiencing trouble should contact the Society.

I just got the "Well Society suspended your automatic payments" message from PayPal, 10 days after my normal payment date, so problems appear to be ongoing. I'll contact the society as advised, although I suspect the issue is common to everyone affected.

An Open Letter to the Directors of The Well Society

SHARE ISSUE

When the Well Society announced a share issue I thought it an innovative idea worth supporting and sent requests for both myself and for my son, unfortunately the actual implementation has been unimpressive to say the least.

Despite repeated telephone calls I was never able to speak to anyone regarding the status of my applications nor was there any further information issued even after the deadline for applications had passed.

Eventually I raised my concerns using this forum. This did result in a in a response, however the excuses given could best be described as cringeworthy eg “many “hands on deck” needed as possible as we approach Sunday’s massive cup final”. My understanding is that the Well Society has a dedicated resource? If so then that person should be dealing primarily with the WS and only then if they have spare resource should that be utilised elsewhere.

On contacting the Club (again) on 21 December I was advised that no-one from the WS was available as they were still trying to get the Certificates out that day. My Certificate arrived on 22 December albeit with both my name and address incorrect, my son’s certificate did not. On going into the Club on the 23 December to return my Certificate for correction and to try and ascertain what the position was re my son’s certificate I found I wasn’t the only person in that position.

When undertaking an exercise like this it needs to be treated as a project with all the tasks defined, responsibility for each task allocated, milestones identified and a realistic deadline all agreed up front. This ensures that any issues or “hot spots” are identified early and action can be taken to address. This does not appear to have been done and as a result I consider this to have been a shambles.

The WS are quick enough at asking people to “put their hands in their pockets” but do not seem capable of providing a professional service to its members

As I write this on 21 January 2018, I am still waiting both for my replacement certificate and my son’s certificate.

An Open Letter to the Directors of The Well Society

SHARE ISSUE

When the Well Society announced a share issue I thought it an innovative idea worth supporting and sent requests for both myself and for my son, unfortunately the actual implementation has been unimpressive to say the least.

Despite repeated telephone calls I was never able to speak to anyone regarding the status of my applications nor was there any further information issued even after the deadline for applications had passed.

Eventually I raised my concerns using this forum. This did result in a in a response, however the excuses given could best be described as cringeworthy eg “many “hands on deck” needed as possible as we approach Sunday’s massive cup final”. My understanding is that the Well Society has a dedicated resource? If so then that person should be dealing primarily with the WS and only then if they have spare resource should that be utilised elsewhere.

On contacting the Club (again) on 21 December I was advised that no-one from the WS was available as they were still trying to get the Certificates out that day. My Certificate arrived on 22 December albeit with both my name and address incorrect, my son’s certificate did not. On going into the Club on the 23 December to return my Certificate for correction and to try and ascertain what the position was re my son’s certificate I found I wasn’t the only person in that position.

When undertaking an exercise like this it needs to be treated as a project with all the tasks defined, responsibility for each task allocated, milestones identified and a realistic deadline all agreed up front. This ensures that any issues or “hot spots” are identified early and action can be taken to address. This does not appear to have been done and as a result I consider this to have been a shambles.

The WS are quick enough at asking people to “put their hands in their pockets” but do not seem capable of providing a professional service to its members

As I write this on 21 January 2018, I am still waiting both for my replacement certificate and my son’s certificate.

Appreciate the feedback on this and apologies for any inconvenience on behalf of the Well Society.

At the risk of sounding like a complete cop out, I've had very little to do with the Share Sale beyond the original discussions & planning stages (I can assure you that the Share Sale was treated as a project) and I'm often the only Society Board member who makes use of the forums on a regular basis, so I don't have an immediate response for you.

However, I will circulate your post in full with the rest of the Society Board this afternoon.

• Like 1