The Well Society

stuwell

24 minutes ago, weeyin said:

(But if you had a better idea on how we could have saved the club at its time of need, it would have been good if you had mentioned it at the time). 

Funnily enough I did mention it at the time. I said the club should have been sold to the society immediately but I was told this wasn't possible by Dempster.

What then happened was the Society bought an absolutely worthless 5% of the club for £250,000. Then Boyle started threatening to sell us to South Americans despite having given up his shares ie Dempster and the other trustees would do it. After that the rest of the majority shareholding was sold  for £1 (which Dempster said was impossible) to Hutchinson who then started wasting money and almost got us relegated. Now we are paying off a huge bill for the pleasure of having Baraclough, Straker, George Long, Wes Fletcher and other diddies plus paying for scouting systems and a club restructure which lasted about five minutes.

• Like 1

We are where we are, you can debate till the cows come home the relative merits of Boyle and Hutchison, and the legal agreement, but thats what it is.....a legal agreement.

So how to best support the club and move forward. In my opinion that is to support the Well Society, whats the alternative?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Knowing that a lot of members  have been frustrated in the past , about missing email communications,

here's a direct invite  to check if you received an important membership contributions update recently . If not , take the chance to correct or supply your preferred email contact info

We have also emailed all members last week to give you an update on the total you contributed (as of 31/12/2018.) If you never received an email please let us know by emailing well.society@motherwellfc.co.uk

On 11/30/2018 at 10:04 PM, steelboy said:

Funnily enough I did mention it at the time. I said the club should have been sold to the society immediately but I was told this wasn't possible by Dempster.

What then happened was the Society bought an absolutely worthless 5% of the club for £250,000. Then Boyle started threatening to sell us to South Americans despite having given up his shares ie Dempster and the other trustees would do it. After that the rest of the majority shareholding was sold  for £1 (which Dempster said was impossible) to Hutchinson who then started wasting money and almost got us relegated. Now we are paying off a huge bill for the pleasure of having Baraclough, Straker, George Long, Wes Fletcher and other diddies plus paying for scouting systems and a club restructure which lasted about five minutes.

George Long was good in the playoff man.

58 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

Knowing that a lot of members  have been frustrated in the past , about missing email communications,

here's a direct invite  to check if you received an important membership contributions update recently . If not , take the chance to correct or supply your preferred email contact info

I was actually just thinking about this recently as I have had nothing from the Society for long long time. 

Been a member for a good few years aswell. Couldn’t tell you how much I have contributed. 

13 hours ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

I was actually just thinking about this recently as I have had nothing from the Society for long long time. 

Been a member for a good few years aswell. Couldn’t tell you how much I have contributed. 

yeah there might still be a few who have never had confirmed contact, as many dont expect (or want) regular contact, so when something is missing , its no't noticed.

the quote I posted was from the weekly Well Society email ,

that has been very regular every Friday evening for at least the past 6-12 months. andcomes from  wellsociety @mothxxwellfc.co.uk

I think thats an 'opt in' communication ,  but I encourage members to request it, its fairly unintrusive and for example this weeks announced the Society AGM date (27th June)

the email the quote  refers to, about individual members , was,  as pointed out by weeyin, sent from Craig Hughes at the Club ,

received from email address Craig.Hughes @ moxxxxwellfc.co.uk  if you go looking for it

I received mine on 29May but suspect they were sent out over an extended period as they include reference to Hutchinson extending his 2x offer until end of May.

17 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

yeah there might still be a few who have never had confirmed contact, as many dont expect (or want) regular contact, so when something is missing , its no't noticed....

I received mine on 29May but suspect they were sent out over an extended period as they include reference to Hutchinson extending his 2x offer until end of May.

I received mine yesterday so its almost certain, as you say Iain, that the emails have been posted over an extended period.  If anyone hasn't been receiving them get in contact with the Society as there could be various reasons for that.  wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk

I received my email on May 30th and it included comment on the double your money deal being extended to the end of May. That seemed strange timing to be getting it the day before the deadline so I queried it with Craig who promptly  explained the email was more of a general thing and referred to other publicising of the extended deal.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, daver said:

I received my email on May 30th and it included comment on the double your money deal being extended to the end of May. That seemed strange timing to be getting it the day before the deadline so I queried it with Craig who promptly  explained the email was more of a general thing and referred to other publicising of the extended deal.

I fed back similarly on the 30th and got a response this morning.  Happy to be shot down by those closer to the trust, but from my vantage point, I think more could / should have been done to maximise the double your money offer, leaving no stone un-turned in a bid to drive down that element of the debt.  Getting an email about on the day before its expiry doesn't suggest that sense of urgency.

1 hour ago, rinkydink said:

I fed back similarly on the 30th and got a response this morning.  Happy to be shot down by those closer to the trust, but from my vantage point, I think more could / should have been done to maximise the double your money offer, leaving no stone un-turned in a bid to drive down that element of the debt.  Getting an email about on the day before its expiry doesn't suggest that sense of urgency.

The email about double your money deadlines was sent from The Well Society address earlier in the month. The one from Craig Hughes was more of a personalised end-of-year statement telling you what you had contributed, and how they had been using the funds.

The mention of the double-your-money was just a final reminder in case you had intended to throw a few extra quid their way, but hadn't got around to it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been asked before, but...I am a WS member as I'm sure many others are on here also. Beyond the regular newsletters, which are very welcome, as owners should we not get more regular detailed updates on stuff like annual accounts etc? Or would you have to request stuff like that?

17 minutes ago, claretband said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, but...I am a WS member as I'm sure many others are on here also. Beyond the regular newsletters, which are very welcome, as owners should we not get more regular detailed updates on stuff like annual accounts etc? Or would you have to request stuff like that?

You need to request a copy of the annual accounts - they can email a copy.

Apart from that, of course, there are regular meetings that you can go along to (if you live near enough), or email topics to be discussed. I guess there is a balance between too much and too little info to be put in the emails, but any time I've had a specific question I've never had a problem getting a fairly prompt response via email.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, claretband said:

A summary of the AGM has came out direct from the WS before. A couple of weeks after from memory.

7 hours ago, Yodo said:

The Fans are the Well Society 

Incorrect 

The Well Society could still exist if there were no fans. It wouldnt be very successful, but that doesn't change what it is.

People who think they part-own the club in any sort of issue-specific way, are ones for the watching

• Like 1