The Well Society

stuwell

In a fixed and non-competitive league? The entire situation renders the competition we compete in null and void. Had this stuff not come out, there was a cool £1000 for myself and £300 from the wee man winging its way to the Well Society. The money will always be there, but now I have a decision to make. Scottish Football stands on the brink of being able to change for the better or killing the game stone dead. The year to launch this has coincided with some horrific events which don't benefit trying to launch a share scheme.

Don't post it in here where some folk might miss it when you make your decision.

It'll surely merit a thread of its own

If it's a "no" maybe use the money to put a billboard up at the Strathy lights or beside the train station letting folk who dont view this forum know your decision ?

• Like 1

Don't post it in here where some folk might miss it when you make your decision.

It'll surely merit a thread of its own

If it's a "no" maybe use the money to put a billboard up at the Strathy lights or beside the train station letting folk who dont view this forum know your decision ?

Cheers Chopperthumbup.gif

Your advice is appreciated. I think I'll go for the Stathy lights next to an advert for Dorothy Paul's latest tour, with the road at the station being shut not enough people will see it to make it worthwhile.

Cheers Chopperthumbup.gif

Your advice is appreciated.

The club have stopped just short of begging folk to join the scheme.

The time money and effort theyve put into it speaks for itself

Some folk cant afford to put in fair enough.

Those that can should though. And those who spout shite on here about being better fans than others and can afford it definitely should , they know who they are and there are plenty . (I know you arent one of them)

I think the uptake so far is pathetic personally , thousands greeting about cup final tickets yet only 200 odd so far ?

What stuff have you learned that has shook your core to the extent youve put the envelope back in the drawer ? The SPL have a TV deal from Sky that protects them in the event of the Old Firm leaving the SPL ?

Don't quite follow what you mean by "seat(s)". I might well be interpreting what you are getting at wrongly but you wouldn't be investing in a season ticket or a bond that secures you a seat at Fir Park for period of time.

Someone's in New South Wales having a membership would be no different to someone in Newmains.

I had actually intended on putting the link to the Well Society in case you hadn't seen that but the 'fishel seems to be down at the moment. You should get the info. you need there, or ofcourse via the link foghorn has posted already.

Thanks for the replies lads I was looking at getting 4 1886 memberships Andy.

Thanks foghorn will send an email to the club.

Thanks for the replies lads I was looking at getting 4 1886 memberships Andy.

Thanks foghorn will send an email to the club.

Like Andy I'd assumed you were looking at the steelmen package and wondered what you thought you were getting :blush:

If you're serious (and I've no reason to doubt you) I'd like to think that - if it's within the rules or they can accomidate it - the club will reply asking what you would like done with the tickets :lol:

It is. I stated I would love to know what Motherwell's involvement in this deal was? Were they complicit in agreeing what is, frankly, a farcical contract? Did they object to what is potentially an invalid TV deal? These details are very important in whether people invest or not.

If this stuff is all true, the SPL is an absolutely dead duck and from a fans point of view, the league, including the clubs involved in it, are not worth investing in. On any level.

OK, you're right that this is valid to this thread but I think the society is more about guaranteeing there being a Motherwell fc to support and how it will be structured and ran in the future.

I'll be joining this week and the tv deal fine print won't matter a jot to me. The setanta deal had collapsed, sky came to the rescue with a (reduced) deal and at that point I don't think anyone could have dreamed the economy and/or rangers would be in this position.

I can also only assume spl rules will be enforced and sky will re-negotiate depending on the current circumstance.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a club to ground themselves in 2nd spot for a few years. Rangers will be back at some point so this window of opportunity to change scottish football for the better and I want to back motherwell and make the one of the few financially stable clubs in scotland.

Regardless, I want motherwell to exist. End of story.

If you believed the media and some on here it would be a waste of Money to invest in Motherwell FC. If you want to safeguard our future then all you need to do is give your money to Rangers!

Fatcalf, membership will give you fuck all power over TV Deal unless we go down the route of decided our own TV deals!

If you believed the media and some on here it would be a waste of Money to invest in Motherwell FC. If you want to safeguard our future then all you need to do is give your money to Rangers!

Fatcalf, membership will give you fuck all power over TV Deal unless we go down the route of decided our own TV deals!

If we sign up to a shite deal we can have our say against the person(s) who agreed to it, that was my point.

I fiond this statement absolutely ludicrous.

Do you really believe that without sufficient take up on the 'Well Society the club will cease to exist?

Is that the line the club are spinning to encourage people to join, or is your less than fertile imagination working overtime?

Regardless of your nightmare scenario, a failure to acheive the £250k target will not see the club's demise. A Cup final and European football last season saw the club post a £500k profit this year, currently we are sitting comfortably in third withEuropean Football next season all but assured and are in the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup.

Enough of the scaremongering.

Do you really believe that without sufficient take up on the 'Well Society the club will cease to exist?

Absolutely not. As you have pointed out we're in a sound financial footing just now and I believe we can go on without the well society, possibly for many many years. Having it up and running is however a massive step in ensuring on-going financial security. We have no idea what is round the corner for Motherwell, Scottish football or football as a whole and it just seems like common sense to have this safety net in place should this worst case scenario unfold.

• Like 1

Absolutely not. As you have pointed out we're in a sound financial footing just now and I believe we can go on without the well society, possibly for many many years. Having it up and running is however a massive step in ensuring on-going financial security. We have no idea what is round the corner for Motherwell, Scottish football or football as a whole and it just seems like common sense to have this safety net in place should this worst case scenario unfold.

So why come out with the scare tactics.

We have no idea what's round the corner for any of us never mind the club.

The truth is that at this moment in time, the club is in a sounder financial footing than a hell of a lot of it's fans, fans they are asking to cough up hard earned cash, as a safety net, just in case.

I'll admit I'm extremely uncomfortable with the whole scenario, and wont be investing.

If the club ever NEEDS my money I'll be there, but as far as I can see this isn't cash that's needed, it's cash that's wanted and that's a totally different thing.

Its not a safety net 'just in case',

its a safety net thats been needed and supplied almost every other season by John Boyle providing short term funding as no one else would

its not a scare tactic, its about real life cashflow issues that will no longer be covered by a cash rich chairman

sure the club will survive but without the cash in the bank at any time, things would have to change.

I'm quite enjoying how things are going, cant understand folk that would want it change for the worse and actively bad mouth what seems like a good option to help prevent that?

so it is cash thats needed and will be sought in other ways if enough fans cant contribute

• Like 1

Sorry to be critical but took out community ownership in mid January having been assured that MFC TV subscription was included and would start immediately

I therefore cancelled my subscription at end of January,but despite countless emails the club have still not been able to provide the info to access MFC TV

Would have hoped/assumed this process would have been worked out at the start of the launch of community ownership

• Like 1

Sorry to be critical but took out community ownership in mid January having been assured that MFC TV subscription was included and would start immediately

Not sure they should really have been promising that (did they really?) when we might all be getting our money back next month if they haven't raised sufficient funds. Can't imagine we'd still be getting the free subscription if that happened.

I therefore cancelled my subscription at end of January,but despite countless emails the club have still not been able to provide the info to access MFC TV

Would have hoped/assumed this process would have been worked out at the start of the launch of community ownership

I'm in a similar position. I think we are just waiting on codes to access the site. I presume (not having subscribed to MFCTV) that this is consistent with what 'proper' subscribers are doing at the moment?