The Well Society

stuwell

So Well Society membership will commence after the 31st march.

Why would you get free acces to a pay tv site unless it was assured that the mechanism thet got you it was up and running

Chill out

All the advertising materials said that membership benefits would commence straight away. I therefore didn't sign up for MFC TV, expecting that I'd get my login details a few days or so after signing up for the Well Society (in mid January). Like a few others who have posted, I have also being going a bit nuts with e-mails back and forward, but thankfully today I have been able to sign in.

So Well Society membership will commence after the 31st march.

Why would you get free acces to a pay tv site unless it was assured that the mechanism thet got you it was up and running

Chill out

because that's what they were saying at the office.

when i signed up they said they had been asking for log ins (presumably from flow) for people signing up and that they would send them out as soon as possible.

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster says.

“I have been asked numerous times about the financing side of things. We don’t need the full membership fee up front. We are prepared to work out one to one payment plans to suit individual needs – that’s why we are having an evening where people can come along.

Like it I'm sure this will attract more people . :thumbup:

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster says.

"I have been asked numerous times about the financing side of things. We don't need the full membership fee up front. We are prepared to work out one to one payment plans to suit individual needs – that's why we are having an evening where people can come along.

Like it I'm sure this will attract more people . :thumbup:

Good news Jim. If anyone doubted the need for this kind of "working float" then we only need to look at the Pars. They seem genuinely surprised at the financial hole that most clubs experience this time of year. We're a step ahead of them

Too lazy to read the whole thread, how do I sign up to this?

get the forms by downloading at http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/the-club/the-well-society/download-paperwork

or email your contact details to wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk and ask them to send you out an application pack

fill it in with your details and payment intentions then return to the club

or drop into the chapman building and fill out the forms

I don't know how up to date it is, and probably not from last night's meeting I'd imagine, but I've just been looking at the current Well Society members and noticing that there's only two of the current playing staff who have signed up so far, Michael Higdon and Henrik Ojamaa.

It would be good to see others follow their lead as it's hard enough for the fans to cough up £300 just now, so it would be good to see those who can afford it a bit more contributing a wee bit too. Just think if the board are trying to convince the fans to contribute, it would be good for those undecided still whether to do so to see the names of the current management and playing staff up there as well.

• Like 2

I don't know how up to date it is, and probably not from last night's meeting I'd imagine, but I've just been looking at the current Well Society members and noticing that there's only two of the current playing staff who have signed up so far, Michael Higdon and Henrik Ojamaa.

It would be good to see others follow their lead as it's hard enough for the fans to cough up £300 just now, so it would be good to see those who can afford it a bit more contributing a wee bit too. Just think if the board are trying to convince the fans to contribute, it would be good for those undecided still whether to do so to see the names of the current management and playing staff up there as well.

I wonder if the Robert Russell on it is THE Robert Russell.

And maybe Ojamaa's was part of his signing on fee :whistling: .

It would be good to see others follow their lead as it's hard enough for the fans to cough up £300 just now, so it would be good to see those who can afford it a bit more contributing a wee bit too.

I have a suspicion they might be holding some of the players back on purpose, to use as a bit of publicity stunt for a final push if we're a bit short as March 31st approaches. "Look who's signed up this week, we're nearly there now!" etc.

I'm a bit in two minds about having current players contributing anyway, to be honest… if you don't get at least the whole first team to sign up, it makes the ones who haven't look a bit bad, even if they have perfectly good reasons for not wanting to. And sooner or later they'll all be moving on to other clubs, and at that point their contributions might well have to stop anyway, either voluntarily or at the wishes of their new employers. At the end of the day it should be a fans' thing, and I certainly don't expect all of our players to show the same long-term commitment to the club that the fans do.

I'm a bit in two minds about having current players contributing anyway, to be honest… if you don't get at least the whole first team to sign up, it makes the ones who haven't look a bit bad, even if they have perfectly good reasons for not wanting to. And sooner or later they'll all be moving on to other clubs, and at that point their contributions might well have to stop anyway, either voluntarily or at the wishes of their new employers. At the end of the day it should be a fans' thing, and I certainly don't expect all of our players to show the same long-term commitment to the club that the fans do.

I appreciate what you're saying numpty. I just think what they will be getting paid compared to your average punter, a one-off £300 payment as we try and reach our initial milestone figure is hardly going to break the bank. I'm also sure that they are all fully aware of the importance of the Well Society and what it is setting out to achieve, therefore I don't really see why they couldn't commit or would refuse to commit to it.

I'm also surprised that even the likes of "club legends" Stevie Kirk and Dougie Arnott, who as far as I'm aware are both still employed by the club, have not signed up (as yet anyway) either.

I'm not in anyway saying that fans who are undecided will be solely swayed by seeing past or present players and high profile figures sign up, but it'd certainly help to have the buy in from those who are probably more financially better off than most supporters.

The club must also have acknowledged this, or why else would they have bothered to make such a big deal about James McFadden becoming the first member of the Well Society in the first place?