The Well Society

stuwell

I seee. My payment isn't due to come out till April as well so wasn't sure if I would know for sure if it went through ok till then.

Wouldn't want the Well Society to fail because they managed to raise £249'700 and my £300 was lost in the post. :whistling:

Only appears to be one company signed up as well, we really need some firms to take up the £25k packages to really boost the funds.

Also surprised at the lack of players past and present who have signed up.

Swithering whether to sign up myself or not, really no got spare cash right now but dont want to miss the opportunity.

I wonder if the Well Society membership recruitment drive will suffer if Motherwell and the other member clubs vote to let Rangers (assuming they are liquidated) back into the SPL?

Is there a way of withdrawing your membership and getting your money back? Surely there would be? Can imagine people might want to if they feel strongly about any decision made, regarding Rangers in particular.

why would what happens to rangers effect anyone's opinion on securing the future of motherwell.

the point of the society is to make the club safe and sustainable for decades to come. the worst case scenario for a newco rangers is being back in the spl debt free in 3 years time (which is nothing).

is lording it over rangers for a few years more important than the future of our club? not for me.

On thinking, aye, thatd be pretty unworkable.

Personally i'd be happy to have rangers back next season anyway, considering how weakened they will likely be on the park. Itd be far more satisfying to have them struggling against us, getting some victories notched up, than to have them coasting through the lower divisions.

why would what happens to rangers effect anyone's opinion on securing the future of motherwell.

the point of the society is to make the club safe and sustainable for decades to come. the worst case scenario for a newco rangers is being back in the spl debt free in 3 years time (which is nothing).

is lording it over rangers for a few years more important than the future of our club? not for me.

I appreciate that you seem to be the resident Rangers sympathiser of the forum but the point for most people isn't about "lording it over Rangers", it's about applying the laws of the game properly and maintaining some sort of sporting integrity. Any team outwith the old firm would be punted in a heartbeat if they were in the same position and if a league structure is to work at all then all teams surely must have to adhere to the same rules.

Securing the future of a club that will accept being shafted time and time again by 2 clubs that are a scourge on society isn't that appealing to some folk...

I would think it's even more important to have the Well Society in the current climate. If anyone on the current board thinks it's a good idea to vote Rangers back in the SPL despite their obvious cheating then we can punt them first chance we get to vote on the future make-up of the board.

Would urge anyone who can to take out Well Society membership

This is a great opportunity for our club and for the fans to have a far greater say in running the club

Hope to see&hear a lot more players,especially the long serving ones,joining up in last few weeks!

What exactly is the script for getting all of the money in if I signed up? Is there a final deadline for the full £300?

If you contact them directly they will give you the details, but I believe you have about 9 months to pay the full amount.