The Well Society

stuwell

Any further news about the proposed share sale?

I can see the idea of MFC shares being considered as a Christmas present for some Well fans and if we want to take advantage of the "double your money offer" then we are running out of time

I've been a wee bit out the loop the last 2 weeks (and not been on here) as I was moving house and journeying to/from Slovenia, but further information on this should be released in the near future.

Hopefully, Society members will be given equal status to season ticket holders for League Cup Final tickets. In reality I think this would affect only a few as most Society members will be season ticket holders anyway. All that said, I think everyone who wants a ticket will be get one.

Hopefully, Society members will be given equal status to season ticket holders for League Cup Final tickets. In reality I think this would affect only a few as most Society members will be season ticket holders anyway. All that said, I think everyone who wants a ticket will be get one.

I agree that most who want a ticket will get one. But its a great way to highlight the double your money scheme and incentivise uptake. Every pledge is is money we dont have to pay Les back.

The fact is that the vast majority of our support in the final won't be society members or season ticket holders, which is fine, I get that.

I think the society is about 2200, and STs are about 3000ish. We're going to have 10k+ at the final, so this is a massive opportunity.

If we went with the message that only society members/st holders would be guaranteed a ticket, then we could make a decent sum just from the one off sign ups we get from folk making sure that they can get a ticket.

Despite yesterdays result I would think a lot of local Bluenoses will support us at the final because of who we are playing.

It happened against Dundee Utd because we had knocked Celtic out in the semi.

I'm not so sure about to be honest. I think the world is in a different place now.

In 1991 it cost £7 or the likes to go the Final against Dundee Utd. It wasn't too many years ago before that if you were playing away from home and you're game got called off you just went to the nearest game that was on the prices were so cheap, or relatively cheap at least.

Step forward to 2017 and there will be Motherwell fans who will refuse to, or will be unable to pay the amount required for a Final ticket far less a significant number of Rangers fans willing to pay £30/£35/£40 or whatever to watch another team.

And that's before you even factor in Rangers they are some of the most bitter, resentful, grudge carrying souls that ever walked God's earth and we've just nestled back in snuggly behind Celtic on "the list".

I won't say there won't be any going alongside friends or family, but I can't see it being in any way a significant number.

• Like 2

I reckon 12000-15000 should cover us, and thats without the swell of Orcs. As Andy P says, think we are currently their 2nd most hated team in the land just now so would be greatly surprised if any of them come out.

The bump will come from folk making the effort for a final that they didn't for a semi-final. Already know of five folk that will be at the final despite not being at Hampden - one stays down in Cornwall and is gonna take his 87yr old dad along, the other three had work/holidays on Sunday.

We need to be asking people buying tickets if they are society members and, if not, would they be interested in joining or receiving an information pack. We should be providing information with a covering letter / email emphasising the benefits to the club which has just reached a cup final.

Even the benefits of one-off (double your money) contributions should be made to everyone, including existing members.

We'll not get a better chance for face to face meetings with as many supporters.

We need to be asking people buying tickets if they are society members and, if not, would they be interested in joining or receiving an information pack. We should be providing information with a covering letter / email emphasising the benefits to the club which has just reached a cup final.

Even the benefits of one-off (double your money) contributions should be made to everyone, including existing members.

We'll not get a better chance for face to face meetings with as many supporters.

Id be putting up posters all along the wall folk will be standing beside as they wait their turn for tickets.

The posters should be bullet points stating what the society is and what has been achieved so far. So that after standing for 30 min reading all the posters, hopefully some will be minded to sign up.

• Like 2

Id be putting up posters all along the wall folk will be standing beside as they wait their turn for tickets.

The posters should be bullet points stating what the society is and what has been achieved so far. So that after standing for 30 min reading all the posters, hopefully some will be minded to sign up.

Posters in and around the ground is something we've been looking at for a few weeks now but there's been a few frustrating obstacles to overcome first. However, this is a great idea and I'll be putting it forward to the rest of the Board shortly.

I don't know if this is viable of not, but had an idea...

Could the club/society offset the cost of a final ticket by £10 for society members paying direct debits of £10/month? For existing members its a little gift back for the support and shouldn't be too much of a financial hit given the cup run itself?

However, the main idea would be to sign people up and with a small discount on offer for a final ticket then many should finally take the plunge given the good vibes around the club.

Think of it another way...buy a ticket at full price and get your first months Society Membership paid. Sure a few folks will cancel standing orders post final, but bet majority won't.

Those already paying DD would be guaranteed a ticket for the final before a certain cut off point, and if this was announced soon people could sign up before the ticket sale to guarantee a ticket. Hell, even having a "society only" ticket sale for a few days before general sale.

Not only would it provide a boost to membership for me, it would also work as an excellent PR story for recruitment - the club given something back to it's "owners".

Any further news about the proposed share sale?

I can see the idea of MFC shares being considered as a Christmas present for some Well fans and if we want to take advantage of the "double your money offer" then we are running out of time

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/10/30/share-sale-lets-build-for-the-future/

• Like 1

I'm thinking of acquiring a goodly number of shares, mainly for myself but also a few for Xmas presents. Can these shares be easily transferred / re-registered for that purpose?

Also, while I'm very much aware that these are not an "investment" per se, and I'm not looking to outperform Warren Buffett or anything, are the shares actually listed on any exchange where their price can be tracked? £10 each seems like an awfully round and arbitrary number.

Finally, are they ever likely to pay any dividends or have any preference rights? (The FAQ makes no mention of any of these sorts of details.)

I'm thinking of acquiring a goodly number of shares, mainly for myself but also a few for Xmas presents. Can these shares be easily transferred / re-registered for that purpose?

Also, while I'm very much aware that these are not an "investment" per se, and I'm not looking to outperform Warren Buffett or anything, are the shares actually listed on any exchange where their price can be tracked? £10 each seems like an awfully round and arbitrary number.

Finally, are they ever likely to pay any dividends or have any preference rights? (The FAQ makes no mention of any of these sorts of details.)

You at the wind up?

Dont think that the idea behind them is to ever pay divs nor do I believe they will be on any AIMs market.

You at the wind up?

Dont think that the idea behind them is to ever pay divs nor do I believe they will be on any AIMs market.

No wind up, genuine questions. If they're completely illiquid and will never make anyone a penny then that's fine, just so everyone knows that going in.

Yes, they can be transferred or reregistered through the club. They are not listed. £10 has been the going rate for shares for a good number of years so that doesn't represent any sort of change from the long standing norm - I don't know how the valuation was arrived at in the mists of time. In years gone by, many years gone by, they were priced at £25 per unit. They are very very unlikely to ever pay dividends. I've held some for many years and never received a penny or expected to. I know its stating the obvious but they are not an investment in the financial sense.