The Well Society

stuwell

I was getting pretty scunnered at the lack of information coming out of the club on the 'Well society,

having pushed pretty hard to get people on board it was getting embarrassing when I was being questioned about progress or information

an email is in the process of being distributed with an update, and I hope that communication improves from the society, even if its just a courteous 'not much changed due to X,Y or Z' bulletin

I still think its a good way through, the lack of investors, and hope more people continue to sign up, the first official meeting of the society is now just over a month away, never a better time to get involved.

Dear Well Society Member,

I write to you today to give you a fresh update on the progress of the Society. 

Members have asked me why the delay in incorporating the Society since we smashed our £250,000 back in May.  The reason for the delay is very simple.  The uncertainty over the summer surrounding the changes to the SPL in respect of the major commercial deals meant that the club, along with many others, faced a period of real insecurity.  The board felt that until the financial landscape was clearer and until we knew that the majority of the commercial deals were secure, that we could not incorporate the Society – in simple terms, we would not risk the membership money, your membership money in such uncertain times. 

That period is now behind us and we have been working hard on the legal elements of the Society and Club so we can complete the process so that the Well Society becomes a reality. 

On Wednesday 15th August we held a club EGM.  Shareholders were asked to consider and vote on 5 resolutions to change the Motherwell Football Club Articles of Association.  The changes proposed allowed for the Well Society to own its first tranche of the club – 15%.  I am pleased to say that all 5 resolutions were supported and passed overwhelmingly by shareholders.

The approval by shareholders means we can now call our first Well Society meeting which will be held on the 24th October at 7pm at South Dalziel Studios, Motherwell. You will be contacted in due course with the agenda for the evening however the purpose of the meeting will be to deal with the process of incorporating the Society and importantly, we want to formally elect officers to the board of the Society.  If you hold an adult membership and would like to be considered for a post within the Society board then we’d like to hear from you.  Contact wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk or speak to Alison Wallace on 01698 338006.  You will receive official notice of the meeting in due course and details of roles and responsibilities of office bearers will be included in the notice.

Many people have had their concerns about the Society and indeed were sceptical if the day would ever come that the club would be owned by supporters.  All I can say is that your current board of directors have continued to work to the best of their capabilities for the club and to deliver this vision.   The first stage is nearly complete and we are entering an even more exciting time for our club.  If you have not joined then it is not too late – we need you now more than ever.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have and the easiest way of contacting us is at the email address or telephone number above

Yours

Leeann Dempster

pp Alison Wallace

The Well Society

Motherwell Football Club

"This is your club, this is our revolution"

T: 01698 338 006

F:  01698 338 001

E: alison.wallace@motherwellfc.co.uk

E: wellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk

W: www.motherwellfc.co.uk

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. Motherwell Football & Athletic Club Ltd accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Motherwell Football & Athletic Club Ltd.

• 4 weeks later...

This the one in late October to elect treasurers and so on?

Its on the 24th. Its remit is to elect a Board of 4 members (4 to be co-opted at a later date). Nominations by today to Alison Wallace.

The board itself will elect a Chair and appoint a company secretary.

And it sounds like you'll only be able to vote if you're there on the night, which kind of permanently denies me and several others a vote...

It does seem a bit unfair to members who do not live in Motherwell area, something that may need to be looked at ?