The Well Society

stuwell

A bit of self-weeding! Very noble of you.

Change of heart?

Naw, I'm way too far away mate, wouldn't have been able to do any role on the WSB real justice. I would have loved to have been involved but a 9-10hr round trip to FP would seriously inhibit my ability to service the demands an elected position would command.

Nominees have to be in it for what they can do for the WS not what the WS can do for them, and I do hope the remaining 21 share that value.

trouble is, having read thru it ................ there's nothing really in it for an 'exile' like me. :wallbash:

Nominees have to be in it for what they can do for the WS not what the WS can do for them, and I do hope the remaining 21 share that value.

:thumbup: You'd make a great politician , im voting for you anyway :lol:

Sorry if this has been asked before - I might have missed it - but what were nominees asked to provide?

The information provided from the club looks like they've been asked something extremely generic and simple like "what would you bring to the Well Society?" or "why should be voted onto the Well Society?", resulting in replies from a couple of paragraphs to full blown CVs.

Personally, I don't actually know if I'll be voting - I think the information provided on each nominee varies to such an extent that it seems completely unfair to make a judgement between someone who's answered a simple question as you'd maybe expect (with a paragraph or two in response) and someone who's supplied four pages of their CV.

It was in the letter with your Membership Card Jay. "Name, address, and details of any experience or qualifications relevant to the position"

Fair enough. I never intended to be a nominee so I didn't put much effort into finding out what was required at first.

Seems a bit ridiculous to be to just copy and paste whatever folk have provided. I'd have hoped it would have been less of a mess and a bit more structured for something important like this.

I'd have thought that the requirement of being a fit and proper person was at least mentioned, with some sort of declaration for anyone who voluntereed, happy enough to vote for the one Ive met purely at games and on tour, but would have like a more balanced resume of each candidate so as to make it more than a popularity contest

This format isn't unusual in such elections. Most members including myself won't know many of the candidates, and unless they make a verbal address to the meeting on Wednesday then all we have to go on is their written statement. Personally I'd prefer to see what the candidates originally submitted in full rather than doctored and standardised text. I would not be happy if the Society began to edit submissions.

This format isn't unusual in such elections. Most members including myself won't know many of the candidates, and unless they make a verbal address to the meeting on Wednesday then all we have to go on is their written statement. Personally I'd prefer to see what the candidates originally submitted in full rather than doctored and standardised text. I would not be happy if the Society began to edit submissions.

My point was more the fact that there doesn't seem to have been any particular format required for the written statements. I would have hoped for, perhaps, a few questions asked (or at least a few basic pointers given) so that each statement followed a similar format - meaning that each candidate could be properly compared. Instead, it's just a mish-mash.

I would expect any checks on "fit and proper" status will be carried out on those elected rather than waste time doing them for everyone.

I would expect so as well

But to limit risk it wouldn't have taken much for it to be mentioned and a self declaration for anyone volunteering

It is more normal to ask candidates for a statement of a particular length, say 250 words, so that all candidates know what is being requested. Without such an instruction you get what we have here - a couple of people giving just a short statement to someone completing their CV as though they are applying for a job, with all the rest somewhere in between.

It has also become the norm where more than 1 person is to be selected to use a form of proportional representation. This would mean indicating at least you first 4 choices on the ballot paper with say the Single Transferable Vote used to find the 4 successful candidates.

If each member only has 1 vote, what happens in the event of a tie between 2 or more candidates?

• Like 1