The Well Society

stuwell

The Well Society is a great idea and it is early days I dont know if this type of fan ownership has been tried anywhere else so there are bound to be things not everyone agrees with but I hope we do not start getting bogged with niggles about how things should be done. We all want the same thing what is best for the club and Im sure things will be alright on the night.:cheers:

It has also become the norm where more than 1 person is to be selected to use a form of proportional representation. This would mean indicating at least you first 4 choices on the ballot paper with say the Single Transferable Vote used to find the 4 successful candidates.

If each member only has 1 vote, what happens in the event of a tie between 2 or more candidates?

Agreed. I'm surprised that we are only being to vote for one candidate and not 4 as there are 4 vacancies, irrespective of the voting system. Given that and the fact that most fans will not know many of those standing, I'd guess that in most cases the successful candidates will not receive that many votes, compared to the total votes cast. Still I'm sure that this is something that could be changed in time.

Not possible, you need to be a WS Member.

That's right. The communication we received regarding voting read:

"As was previously highlighted, the information supplied by the members can only be used by you, acting as a Society member, to evaluate the applicant’s suitability for the role of a Society Board member. The content shall not be used for any other purpose or disclosed to any third party."

Does anyone know when the annual fee is due to be paid? Is it every year upon the date you signed up, or is there a specific date they're going to take fees from everyone?

I'd assume it was the former but with MFC it's better never to take anything for granted....

Does anyone know when the annual fee is due to be paid? Is it every year upon the date you signed up, or is there a specific date they're going to take fees from everyone?

I'd assume it was the former but with MFC it's better never to take anything for granted....

need to check but was it not a standing order that was set up, one of the bankers can confirm but is that not a set amount for a set period then it ends, not like an annual subscription that can run on for ever

good question if there's an opportunity tomorrow night

The results, with over 223 well society votes cast and over 100 via email.

The 4 winners, in no particular order:

Alexander Kilpatrick

Brian McCafferty

Graham Barnstable

Thomas Feely

Well done to all of the above and the members that voted.

History in the making!

One year from when you initially joined was the clubs expectation

New Well society board have power to review if its required if I understood response

The question was asked and answered, its on the anniversary of your sign up date.

it was a bit concerning to hear derek weir saying that the society will need a much larger cash reserve before the majority shareholding is passed over. the only way that is going to happen is either (i) the fans raising more money (ii) a big transfer fee (iii) the club turning a big profit. none of those things are likely so i don't see how we will have a hugely increased reserve at any point in the near future.

maybe it was because tonight was about electing society board members but it didn't seem like electing members to the club board or shares being transferred to the society. those were the two main selling points of the society and it'll be disappointing if turns out they come with strings attached.

Certainly at this stage there are a lot of uncertainties as to how things are going to go, but one of the points that did seem cut and dried was that two Well Society members, presumably two from the newly formed Well Society board would be going on to the club board.

Ofcourse there wasn't a specific timescale mentioned as to when but I got the impression the club were looking for that to happen sooner or later.

As for a full transfer of control I agree that was much more uncertain as to when it might happen. I didn't so much view it though as being a strings-attached deal though, more a case of a number of targets having to be realised before it becomes feasible or realistic.

Points two and three you list we don't have much influence over but now that the WS board is in place in conjuction with the club perhaps there might be a fresh push to influence your first point, in boosting the fund already in place. It was quoted that there around 4000 season ticket holders and 1000 WS members. That seems an avenue that can be targeted to boost membership and therefore funds. Who knows what business contacts and influence the new WS board members may have in terms of helping uptake of the larger WS memberships outwith the rank and file support.

For me the next step to give both the club and WS boards the space and time to get together and develop their strategy and see where they see us going in the immediate future before we can do much else at this stage.

Tam Cowan was saying on the radio that he was asked not to put any money into the Well Society during the first push so that he could be part of a second push for funds.

Stuart McCall was a guest on the show and he admitted he hadn't put any money into the Well Society either. He then revealed that only a couple of the players had signed up too.

So there's a few we can target too... ;)

P.S. If I've got that wrong, I apologise. I'm sure I heard that though.

Tam Cowan was saying on the radio that he was asked not to put any money into the Well Society during the first push so that he could be part of a second push for funds.

Stuart McCall was a guest on the show and he admitted he hadn't put any money into the Well Society either. He then revealed that only a couple of the players had signed up too.

So there's a few we can target too... ;)

P.S. If I've got that wrong, I apologise. I'm sure I heard that though.

To be fair, if I was a player I doubt I'd be putting any money into it.

I'm not sure about current players or managers chipping as, when they move on, it could create a conflict of interest (however minor).

McCall, for example, would have almost certainly voted 'yes' to keeping Sevco in the SPL. If the Society was loaded up with current players, they might be more inclined to vote for self-interest than club interest.

Certainly at this stage there are a lot of uncertainties as to how things are going to go, but one of the points that did seem cut and dried was that two Well Society members, presumably two from the newly formed Well Society board would be going on to the club board.

Ofcourse there wasn't a specific timescale mentioned as to when but I got the impression the club were looking for that to happen sooner or later.

As for a full transfer of control I agree that was much more uncertain as to when it might happen. I didn't so much view it though as being a strings-attached deal though, more a case of a number of targets having to be realised before it becomes feasible or realistic.

Points two and three you list we don't have much influence over but now that the WS board is in place in conjuction with the club perhaps there might be a fresh push to influence your first point, in boosting the fund already in place. It was quoted that there around 4000 season ticket holders and 1000 WS members. That seems an avenue that can be targeted to boost membership and therefore funds. Who knows what business contacts and influence the new WS board members may have in terms of helping uptake of the larger WS memberships outwith the rank and file support.

For me the next step to give both the club and WS boards the space and time to get together and develop their strategy and see where they see us going in the immediate future before we can do much else at this stage.

Surely we haven't got as many as 4000 ST holders if we've had just over 4000 fans at our home games this season? I'd think a lot more than a couple of hundred would be PATG every game.