The Well Society

stuwell

• 2 weeks later...

That was my first thought when I saw who it was.

i was disappointed at some of derek weir's comments at the meeting the other week. no time frame on electing people to the club board, kicking the transfer of shares into the distance rather than making it a priority and putting unrealistic conditions on the society taking the controlling interest. i can't understand why we would need to raise over a million before the sfa would let the society take control, are the current club board underwriting the club personally to that extent?

the society board needs to demonstrate that they are not just going to be there to rubber stamp weir/wilson/mcmahon dipping into the money raised by the fanbase. graham barnstaple being the chairman gives the impression that the society will be a lap dog rather than pushing towards full fan ownership.

• Like 1

Well its your Society and if you're not pleased make your feelings known to the Board. Its a democratic body.

when methods of communications are established i will be.

the aim of the society should be full fan ownership, not propping up the whoever the current trustees to boyle's shares are.

when methods of communications are established i will be.

the aim of the society should be full fan ownership, not propping up the whoever the current trustees to boyle's shares are.

If you have concerns you're quite within your rights to contact Alison Wallace at the club and ask her to confirm whether or not the Chairman is employed by MFC in any capacity or works for it in a voluntary capacity. That should clear matters up. Lines of communication have already been established. For what its worth I too agree that Society Board members should be separate from the club.

Before it goes further, it's worthwhile pointing out that Graham IS NOT an employee of Motherwell Football Club. He kindly volunteers to help me with MFC TV but doesn't take a single penny for it, be it commentating on first-team and U20s matches or contributing to the Matchday Magazine and the U20s Proggy.

He is a guy who gives of his time willingly, and again, worth highlighting, without any pay or expenses and that's exactly the type of person the Well Society needs; someone who is prepared to really muck in for the love of the club.

Some of the criticism is a wee bit unfair I reckon.

'Flow

• Like 2

Graham and his colleagues are there as figureheads surely, all decisions have to be ratified by the members, at least that is my understanding based on the meeting etc. although I would have expected the decision to appoint roles would have been ours also.

As for Graham Barnstaple and his involvement with MFC TV can I just say Graham all we ask for is consistency laugh1.gif

Before it goes further, it's worthwhile pointing out that Graham IS NOT an employee of Motherwell Football Club. He kindly volunteers to help me with MFC TV but doesn't take a single penny for it, be it commentating on first-team and U20s matches or contributing to the Matchday Magazine and the U20s Proggy.

He is a guy who gives of his time willingly, and again, worth highlighting, without any pay or expenses and that's exactly the type of person the Well Society needs; someone who is prepared to really muck in for the love of the club.

Some of the criticism is a wee bit unfair I reckon.

'Flow

Thanks for clearing matters up Flow.

I'm a little perturbed by some of the language and terminology being used in conunction with the Well Society, I thought we had elected representatives and not a "Board of Directors", and as for "They will also share their vision for the Society and how they plan to move things forward." Their vision is only relevant if its shared and approved by the members its not up to them to move things forward they are in situ to take our concerns and thoughts about moving things forward are they not?

I joined the 'Well Society to have an influence in how my club is run, not so 3 guys can make unilateral decisions.

• Like 1

It was clear from the start that the society was an industrial provident society

The structure is required by law, and hardly something to fuss about, unlikely it will remain at three also

Their vision ( a continuation of the clubs ) is being offered to all members to discuss at a meeting it's kind of a requirement to formalise it otherwise it would be a shambles with what 800-1000 views all slightly different toceach other

Think everyone should give them time to speak instead of positioning themselves for or against from an invite to a meeting

• Like 1

I joined the 'Well Society to have an influence in how my club is run, not so 3 guys can make unilateral decisions.

Not unduly concerned at this stage for the reasons the Brazilian has set out. Its important though that as many of us as possible attend these meetings to influence decisions.

Not unduly concerned at this stage for the reasons the Brazilian has set out. Its important though that as many of us as possible attend these meetings to influence decisions.

Agreed, and I wonder if everyone who is quick to make comment on the boards will be so eager to speak up on 6th December. As long as the chairman is strong then progress should be achievable. It would be sad if it was spoiled by petty points after the progress which has been made to date.

And we should remeber that these guys were elected by the Society members and not the Football Club.

Agreed, and I wonder if everyone who is quick to make comment on the boards will be so eager to speak up on 6th December. As long as the chairman is strong then progress should be achievable. It would be sad if it was spoiled by petty points after the progress which has been made to date.

And we should remeber that these guys were elected by the Society members and not the Football Club.

If there is no facility for some sort of dial-in/conference call I expect the overseas members' voices will be unheard again.

A big thing was made of the global support this initiative received - and rightly so. I hope we aren't going to be overlooked in the future discussions.

If there is no facility for some sort of dial-in/conference call I expect the overseas members' voices will be unheard again.

A big thing was made of the global support this initiative received - and rightly so. I hope we aren't going to be overlooked in the future discussions.

Excellent point Weeyin,

all too often, the people who are furthest away are overlooked after their early support. I am sure those involved will be reading the comments on the boards and will take note. As with all of us I presume relevant points will be taken by e-mail.

Good point. I suppose you could email Alison Wallace with any questions/ views prior to the meeting . Failing that I'd be happy to raise them on your behalf.

Good point. I suppose you could email Alison Wallace with any questions/ views prior to the meeting . Failing that I'd be happy to raise them on your behalf.

Thanks. It's not so much the questions that are a concern to me because, as you say, I can email Alison. It's more the surrounding discussions. It's good to hear others opinions on topics and to be able to contribute them.

Thanks. It's not so much the questions that are a concern to me because, as you say, I can email Alison. It's more the surrounding discussions. It's good to hear others opinions on topics and to be able to contribute them.

Totally see your frustration mate, I'm an awful lot closer than you but still very difficult for me to get back to Motherwell for various reasons.

Don't think it can be too difficult in this day & age to set up video conferencing so that people in your situation can actively take part in these meetings, like you say, it's ok if you have some points to make someone else can raise them on your behalf, but when those points are subsequently discussed, you are left without a voice.

I'm hoping to get up for this meeting on 6/12, but it will depend on being able to get away from work for a few days, it being a Thursday definitely not helpful for me.

Plus side is if can get time off, will be at Pittodrie for the cup game on the 1st thumbup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I actually don't think the club give 2 shiny shites about the Well Society. Well they do for the money the fans are pouring in but not the bollocks about ".....doing things in the spirit of the model we are trying to create." All that is a load of shite and I'm starting to get a bit sceptical that the club only done this because they were almost certain that the Rangers vote was almost certainly heading the way it went. I will reiterate that this may be a bit of a sceptical view but it's the way I feel at this moment in time.

I was a supporter of the Well Society and defended it to sceptical friends and persuaded them to join. I am getting more and more disillusioned with the whole thing as the weeks and months go by. I have to say that I don't expect a vote in every single issue but this one is of fundamental importance to the future of the Scottish game. The leadership (including our board) in our game is abysmal and they spend most of their time pandering to the TV companies whilst ignoring the fans who are the lifeblood of the game. It's almost as if they're saying "who cares if the stadiums are empty, as long as we have a couple of cameramen and a commentator that's all that matters."

Our club (as well as the rest) are making clear that the Rupert Murdoch pound is more important than the pound of of the guy/girl who slaves away at work all week and spends their hard earned cash on supporting a team that couldn't give a monkeys what his views are.

This whole idea of splitting the league in to 3 leagues of 8 is fucking bonkers. Why don't you just have a 24 team league and do that? It's not anymore bonkers is it? Or why don't we go the whole hog and have an NFL system and have a big Grand Finale at the end? Who the hell is coming up with these ideas? My 4 year old nephew could come up with better than this.

Now I'm normally an optimist and I love football and love going and normally I look on the bright side but at the moment I don't actually see one. I didn't think I would ever say just stick with what we have got now but that is the way it's going. By the way that's probably the SPL's game, punt all these bonkers proposals so that the status quo looks like a great option.

I am just hoping that the SFL stay united and kick this horrible idea in to the long grass.

• Like 8