The Well Society

stuwell

But the people running the scheme will have taken account of all of that if they've done their job even halfway properly, and set expectations accordingly. If they have, and it still doesn't work, then it would be slightly embarrassing for them, if not for the fans. If they haven't, and it doesn't work either, all the more so.

When Jon Corzine was the CEO of Goldman Sachs he was responsible for taking them public. After all the processes has been put in place to sell the shares and a date set for the IPO, he had to push it back because of the economic downturn.

If those guys can get it wrong, it's not inconceivable that MFC might get it wrong too.

I've not contributed to the 'Well Society but not through apathy, through simply not being able to afford to.

If I had the money spare I'd put in the full whack, I'm sure most supporters would, but I'm also sure there are many supporters in the same boat as me, guys that put in probably about £600-700 into the club through season tickets, merchandise, programmes, food etc which is already more than they can really justify and who only do so because they are fans.

I do contracted work mainly, and I've only had a years work in the last two. My last job finished a couple of weeks ago and I don't know when the next one will be. I'm afraid the economic uncertainty and the dismal job market means I'm canceling all unnecessary direct debits instead of adding to them - it has nothing to do with my love or commitment to the club but I simply cannot afford to put another £300 in, I cannot afford to put another £150 in.

I hope the 'Well Society is a success but I'm not sure we have a large enough, or affluent enough support. Good luck to them anyway but I'm afraid I'm out.

£300 to buy a share in a Champions League team... bargin.:pleasantry:

thankfully i am in a position where i can afford it, wouldn't say anything against those who can't. If you can afford it then give it a go, this is a cracking chance to get involved.

I wish the club would keep us up-to-date on how it is going, are we close to the £250k, are we over it already. It would be nice to have been kept in the loop.

I wish the club would keep us up-to-date on how it is going, are we close to the £250k, are we over it already. It would be nice to have been kept in the loop.

Silence is probably the best policy, to be fair. If we're told we're woefully short, there's the risk that folk will think "we're never going to reach the target in a million years so I'll no' bother". Or if we're near or have already met the target, "I don't need to bother this year then, money's a bit tight and they're doing fine without mine".

(I did at least get an email reminder this week saying things were "going well but we still need your help".)

that's the forms in for me, my dad and my brother.

they said they are still short of the required amount but they have until the end of march and they are planning a big push. let's hope a few decent results and bit of champions league excitement and get us over the line.

Will be sending mine in this week. Incidentally, there's a list of everybody who's signed up here, which should give some indication of how close (or not) we are to making the £250k. (Site seems to be down at time of writing, though...)

I have thought about this a lot and yes I would if I was living in the UK.

Can someone tell me what would happen to my seat(s) as I would not be at a game at FP?(I know my money would benefit the club).

Are there memberships for us overseas fans?

Oz,

You can contact direct through thewellsociety@motherwellfc.co.uk

I have thought about this a lot and yes I would if I was living in the UK.

Can someone tell me what would happen to my seat(s) as I would not be at a game at FP?(I know my money would benefit the club).

Are there memberships for us overseas fans?

Don't quite follow what you mean by "seat(s)". I might well be interpreting what you are getting at wrongly but you wouldn't be investing in a season ticket or a bond that secures you a seat at Fir Park for period of time.

Someone's in New South Wales having a membership would be no different to someone in Newmains.

I had actually intended on putting the link to the Well Society in case you hadn't seen that but the 'fishel seems to be down at the moment. You should get the info. you need there, or ofcourse via the link foghorn has posted already.

+1. Lets try keeping this thread on topic.

It is. I stated I would love to know what Motherwell's involvement in this deal was? Were they complicit in agreeing what is, frankly, a farcical contract? Did they object to what is potentially an invalid TV deal? These details are very important in whether people invest or not.

If this stuff is all true, the SPL is an absolutely dead duck and from a fans point of view, the league, including the clubs involved in it, are not worth investing in. On any level.

It is. I stated I would love to know what Motherwell's involvement in this deal was? Were they complicit in agreeing what is, frankly, a farcical contract? Did they object to what is a potentially an invalid TV deal? These details are very important in whether people invest or not.

If this stuff is all true, the SPL is an absolutely dead duck and from a fans point of view, the league, including the clubs involved in it, are not worth investing in. On any level.

Baws , what should be important is ,

Do you want Motherwell Football Club to remain a viable entity going forward?

not to be whinging about what decisions have been taken in the past, all this pish talk about TV deals is for another thread with the other pant wetters

the society is about allowing MFC to go forward not look back, and the very nature of the society means that if the decisions being taken aren't to your liking you can influence change.

but the financial security is the first and foremost requirment, as without it the club will have a severe cashflow crisis in the lean times due to the very nature of the way football clubs and the leagues operate.

if you can, stump up, if you cant, keep an eye on developments and consider it as soon as it becomes a viable option for you, and hope MFC can get it off the ground.

Do you want Motherwell Football Club to remain a viable entity going forward?....the society is about allowing MFC to go forward not look back, and the very nature of the society means that if the decisions being taken aren't to your liking you can influence change.......but the financial security is the first and foremost requirment, as without it the club will have a severe cashflow crisis in the lean times due to the very nature of the way football clubs and the leagues operate....if you can, stump up, if you cant, keep an eye on developments and consider it as soon as it becomes a viable option for you, and hope MFC can get it off the ground.

Couldn't have put it better myself Iain. In all of the current goings on the only matter of concern to us should be the future of our club. Thats something we can influence.

Baws , what should be important is ,

Do you want Motherwell Football Club to remain a viable entity going forward?

not to be whinging about what decisions have been taken in the past, all this pish talk about TV deals is for another thread with the other pant wetters

the society is about allowing MFC to go forward not look back, and the very nature of the society means that if the decisions being taken aren't to your liking you can influence change.

but the financial security is the first and foremost requirment, as without it the club will have a severe cashflow crisis in the lean times due to the very nature of the way football clubs and the leagues operate.

if you can, stump up, if you cant, keep an eye on developments and consider it as soon as it becomes a viable option for you, and hope MFC can get it off the ground.

In a fixed and non-competitive league? The entire situation renders the competition we compete in null and void. Had this stuff not come out, there was a cool £1000 for myself and £300 from the wee man winging its way to the Well Society. The money will always be there, but now I have a decision to make. Scottish Football stands on the brink of being able to change for the better or killing the game stone dead. The year to launch this has coincided with some horrific events which don't benefit trying to launch a share scheme.