The Well Society

stuwell

Note that Hibs made Pat Stanton an honorary member of the equivilant organisation today. This compliments s number of ex players they have on board to lead the group.

Wonder if we will explore a similar route. Getting ex players on board with 1 or 2 playing an active role would certainly help lift the profile of the cause.

I'm sure they've had players (faddy) and celebrity fans (tam Cowan) sign up and got some press from it.

One question, are those who have signed up to pay by direct debit expected to pay in perpetuity or will there be a point when you cease?

My understanding of things is that people can stop paying whenever they like but that the idea is to build up a significant balance in reserve - £1.5M? - then there will be no further need to keep paying. LH said as much in his recent interview but I'm assuming that the society will wish to continue building the reserve and as such would be happy to keep accepting anything people were prepared to pay.

My understanding of things is that people can stop paying whenever they like but that the idea is to build up a significant balance in reserve - £1.5M? - then there will be no further need to keep paying. LH said as much in his recent interview but I'm assuming that the society will wish to continue building the reserve and as such would be happy to keep accepting anything people were prepared to pay.

This. Members can indeed stop paying whenever they want. At some point in the future presumably the Society will have accrued a sufficient war chest to keep things going but I can't ever see a point when it says - no more contributions please.

Decent article.

He really needed to caveat the "fans fully mobilise in times of crisis" comment with:

*Except Rangers fans

The Sevco fans have deposited 800k into the club.

It just that they've put it in career criminal Dave Kings pocket. :king:

I wasn't at the game on Saturday but read beforehand that the Society were planning on having volunteers/information stands in the cooper suite and east stand.

Did anyone notice if they were there and if the quality of info on offer was any good?

I saw Maureen Kirkwood manning a desk with a WS banner at the top of the stairs in the East Stand as I went in so there was certainly a 'Well Society presence. How much of an uptake there was for information or sign-ups I've no idea.