The Well Society

stuwell

Jay posted about the distillery trip on the 25th July.

For those who may have missed it, there's a tremendous deal for whisky-loving Society members planning on going to the St Johnstone game in Perth: http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2017/07/21/distillery-day-out-for-travelling-well-support/

I'm pretty sure the initial twitter announcement was made around that same date as I remember hearing about it before I read Jay's post.

Hope everyone enjoys the drams and the game.

• Like 1

The distillery trip was great and it's good to read (as well as hearing on the day!) how well received it was. Certainly not the last of that kind of thing for Society members. Despite numbers not being quite what the deal deserved, it was still an excellent day (match aside) and another wee sum raised for the Society/Club which will now be doubled by Les.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what is outstanding but was the transfer split not 40% Les, 20% John and 40% the club?

Also, the way Les is trying to increase the society membership/funds with his double your money deal, I feel that he doesn't really want his money back but is not just going to hand it over without us putting more into the society to make it more viable. We really need to capitalise on this offer as much as possible.

• Like 1

Not sure what is outstanding but was the transfer split not 40% Les, 20% John and 40% the club?

Also, the way Les is trying to increase the society membership/funds with his double your money deal, I feel that he doesn't really want his money back but is not just going to hand it over without us putting more into the society to make it more viable. We really need to capitalise on this offer as much as possible.

Couldn't agree more. We are being asked to step up and work for the money and prove we are behind it.

Given we approached him for help I don't think it's much to ask from him

With some impending transfer income coming our way, does anyone know what we currently owe Les Hutchison and John Boyle?

I don't have any figures to hand but it's something I can certainly look into it. In terms of the how the loans are repaid though, stuwell is pretty accurate.

Is it based on total put in so far or just this year?

Edit: Never mind - Found the answer.

"All money paid to the Society through pledges, renewals, membership fees or donations will be included in your accumulated total"

Did these letters get issued, or is it an on going process, or indeed was it by email and I have ignored it?

Thats more than I thought we owes, particularly to Les. But that circa £1.9m should now be around £1.3m if we took in £1m during he window with 40% going to Les and 20% going to Boyle.

Hopefully a couple of decent cup runs this year would mean we could afford to pay off Boyle's outstanding amount with cup prize money, which would allow us to keep more transfer % from future sales of Moult/Cadden/Kipre.

The way the repayment plan works I would have thought the recent activity would be paying off a decent chunk of both accounts owed. Given Les' double your money scheme we need to be really pushing the Well Society this year. We could end up with no debt in the very near future!

Just a thought on the double ur money, I've just been tidying my house and picked up £1.63 in coppers. If we all looked out our dross and put it in a bag, could we arrange a drop off one home game? This could amount to a couple of hundred pounds which Les would then double - maybe not a lot but every penny counts.

• Like 4