Mccall Is It Time To Extend His Contract ?

postiejim

one of my Hearts supporting mates said Sergio was on £700/750k per year

apparently Lisbon were paying 50% of this (which expired May 31st).........therefore Hearts were now required to pay the full whack, and as mentioned above, with the cuts they are making - Mad Vlad was not willing to pay that kind of Wonga! (B-) )

i dont see any manager with a job going to Tynecastle - Hearts wont want to pay compensation

however to those who say, you'd be mad to touch it...........if you dont have a job, its better than nothing, and if you take it and dont succeed, you'll still get a pay off!!!!

one of my Hearts supporting mates said Sergio was on £700/750k per year

apparently Lisbon were paying 50% of this (which expired May 31st).........therefore Hearts were now required to pay the full whack, and as mentioned above, with the cuts they are making - Mad Vlad was not willing to pay that kind of Wonga! (B-) )

i dont see any manager with a job going to Tynecastle - Hearts wont want to pay compensation

however to those who say, you'd be mad to touch it...........if you dont have a job, its better than nothing, and if you take it and dont succeed, you'll still get a pay off!!!!

Heard this as well... possibly more part of a severance agreement that coincidentally matched his salary, than an official agreement to pay half of his salary for Hearts?

Heard this as well... possibly more part of a severance agreement that coincidentally matched his salary, than an official agreement to pay half of his salary for Hearts?

thats exactly what he told me, i asked him who he thought would be the next manager......................expecting him to be a billy big timer, and aim high, with a high profile name - he came back with........

Colin Cameron / Gary Locke

or

Cuerio (apparently he was the Portuguese manager of Kaunas when they beat Rangers)

For me, McCall only has to look at how successful managers are after they leave the mighty well. Once you managed the dossers the only way is down :)

C`mon list them .Last twenty years please.

Alex Mcleish went motherwell ,hibs.rangers,Scotland,Birmingham then Aston Villa Wouldn't say that was down ! Bty thought Mcleish was an arse of a manager at the Well ,his signings were atrocious!

Seriously? McCall is going to pass up the chance to be the 1st (only) Manager to take MFC into the Champions League, and work for a Financially Secure and Stable club to go work for Mad Vlad and his maybe I'll pay the wages maybe I won't!

FFSwallbash.gif Poison Chalice!

Craig Brown - bigger salary at the dons, consistent bottom 6 of SPL and no cup runs, not Euro footie. = negative move

Jim Gannon - Who - sacked from 'Well currently at stockport ion the conference. = negative move

Mark McGhee - dons then struggled currently at bristol rovers. = negative move

Mo Malpas. 1 season of pure dross at fir park, sacked an currently assistant to TB at inverness. = negative move

Terry Butcher. Left for Oz, never worked out. Currently at Inverness, regular bottom 6, no cup runs, no European football. = negative move

Eric Black, bottled it when we went into admin, currently assistant at relegated blackburn, couple of caretaker roles, no jobs as manager. = negative move

Billy Davies, sacked by 'Well, did ok with broon at PNE as assistant but at a club in the lower leagues of England. Did reasonably well at Forrest, again lower leagues. No cups no leagues, no Europe. = negative move

Harri Kampman, sacked by 'Well fter a season, went back to Finnish lower league, currently unemployed. = negative move

Alex McLeish, destroyed a good 'Well side after one season. left well for hibs and took them down, won the first division with a SPL team, somehow blagged the job at ibrox - cheap option imo - did ok with money to spend in a league with one main rival. Once he had spent on poor players the fans turned and he was sacked from ibrox. Took the Scotland job as no-one else would touch it with a barge pole. Couldn't do any worse or break it with his own signings. Failed to qualify for Euros and quit. Took a reasonable Birmingham out of the EPL - sacked. Crossed the city to Villa almost done the same - sacked. Currently unemployed = checkered managerial career that appears to have been based on poor judgement by clubs rather than a proven managerial track record. = Fud

• Like 2

Being as this is a non-story, I figured that the bigger question may be the one that heads this thread. By my reckoning McCall signed a two & a half year deal in January of 2011, which means he's now seventeen months into his current deal.

Is it time to see if he's willing to sign an extension? If we leave it until into next season he'll be eating into his final year, won't he? I don't need that kind of grief in my life to be honest.