3rd Place

prideoflanarkshire

At the moment we have 14 games remaining and are 6 points ahead...meaning there are only 12 games in it.

I think if we can win 5 and draw 2 games of our remaining 14 that will put us onto 58 points which my get us into third place. That would mean hearts and st johnstone will need to win (roughly) 8 out of their remaining 14 games, which will be a very though ask imo.

Dons at Home (Win)

Hibs at Home (Win)

Pars Away (Win)

Killie Away (Draw)

St. Mirren Away (Draw)

then Hearts at Home, Hibs Away (hard to guess) (then 5 games after the split)

I am starting to get very excited about the real possibility of finishing 3rd and with rangers' issues that could lead to other, greater, things? I know it will be touch and go and all this is hypothetical.

Thoughts anyone or am I just dreaming?

3rd or 4th does not matter (apart from a financial sense - and maybe 4th will give us two extra european matches). I think we'll be in Europe before the split anyway. Currently 6 points clear and hopefully tonight will be 6 points with a game in hand. Think we could easily be 12 points clear of 5th at the split (and I cannot see 5th place taking 13 points and us taking 0 points after the split...

Saying that, we could easy enough not win a game until the split <_>

Also, and possibly more importantly given the situation...

If Rangers do qualify for Europe, and subsequently "lose" their license, by going into admin etc. They would then be subject to a 3 year European ban(I think).

As someone said, its discussed in another thread, with Real Mallorca/Villareal situation being cited as an example of a license being revoked.

Edit: 3 years may be pish... depends on UEFA, but certainly a ban of some sort.

Just had a word there with Professor Stephen Hawking and he says we should sneak third spot if we end up with more points than the team in fourth...

Becomes a celebrity and starts talking with a fake American accent? Pretentious prick.

Second is never ever going to happen unless Rangers are actually wiped off the face of the map (Nuke, Ebola virus etc).

Even with a ten point deduction they'd still beat us.

Crazy talk.

3rd is a possibility, but certainly not a probability. We need to keep the focus and work as hard as we have been all season. Definitely do-able but by no means easy.

• Like 2

Second is never ever going to happen unless Rangers are actually wiped off the face of the map (Nuke, Ebola virus etc).

Even with a ten point deduction they'd still beat us.

Crazy talk.

3rd is a possibility, but certainly not a probability. We need to keep the focus and work as hard as we have been all season. Definitely do-able but by no means easy.

I would say it is, we're 6 points clear and favourites to finish 3rd.If we win our next 3 games we could be 12 points clear.6 wins from 14 and it's ours.

Also, and possibly more importantly given the situation...

If Rangers do qualify for Europe, and subsequently "lose" their license, by going into admin etc. They would then be subject to a 3 year European ban(I think).

As someone said, its discussed in another thread, with Real Mallorca/Villareal situation being cited as an example of a license being revoked.

Edit: 3 years may be pish... depends on UEFA, but certainly a ban of some sort.

No. Not by going into admin. You can still play in Europe in administration.

The only way they get a 3 year ban is if they were to be liquidated and start up again as a new company. I.E Rangers1690 or some such.

No. Not by going into admin. You can still play in Europe in administration.

The only way they get a 3 year ban is if they were to be liquidated and start up again as a new company. I.E Rangers1690 or some such.

Not according to Ferrer, current owner of Real Mallorca, who has put in a 4 year plan to survive in La Liga (although the Mallorca President has said due to la Liga being a poisoned chalice relegation could be just what every club could need - including Mallorca) so when the time is up they can again battle for Europe (as they are currently banned) for entering Administration at the end of 2009/10 season.

Jeezo, it's was only a fortnight or so ago that we were below Hearts and St Johnstone and McCall needed to be sacked!

6 points is nothing.

If we're still third by the time of the split, then I'll (maybe) start expecting a top 3 finish.

• Like 1

Jeezo, it's was only a fortnight or so ago that we were below Hearts and St Johnstone and McCall needed to be sacked!

6 points is nothing.

If we're still third by the time of the split, then I'll (maybe) start expecting a top 3 finish.

I'm hoping we can get to the split with 3rd place in the Bag. Considering the most our nearest challenger would get after the split is probably 9 points. If we are 10 points ahead at the split then for me it's in the bag.

Considering we are now 6 points ahead it's not an impossible task but obviously one that requires we keep picking up points.

3 big games coming up where we need to pick up as many points as we can get. Considering our challengers fixtures this stretch could go a long way to securing 3rd spot or see us pitched into a dog fight for 3rd place.

St Mirren (A)

Hearts (H)

Hibs(H)

Here's hoping the lads can string some good results together. While I hope we play well in all 3 games it's all about grinding out results and getting the points on the board.