Fir Park Dj Must Go

Jay

The thing is, it's one thing to sit and think "I think I'll play this absolutely ganting mash-up of the Proclaimers", but to sit and think "I think I'll this absolutely ganting mash-up of the Proclaimers against Hibernian" is another.

I looked forward to the inevitable mash-ups of Tina Turner and Wolfe Tones for the Rangers and Celtic games respectively.

TBF least he didn't use "Sunshine on Leith".... No, no small give on that one?

I agree though really is awful! Saying that why is there music before the game and at half time? You'd think it would to get the atmosphere up to bubbling point but it fails badly at Fir Park and most other Scottish Stadia

He's went crazy up there in that box on his own. Think MFC lock him in there aw week and feed him cold pies. He just sits in the skud polishing his cassette collection itchin to play samba de janeiro next home game.

Last night he's only went and fired aw the tapes on at once to create a mash up bodger and badger would be proud of.

Lost the plot.

IMHO its been going downhill since we stopped playing "Rose Garden" by Lynn Anderson in the early 70s

:cheers:

So smile for a while and let's be jolly:

Love shouldn't be so melancholy.

Come along and share the good times while we can.

I beg your pardon,

I never promised you a rose garden.

Along with the sunshine,

There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

Hey! That was my auld man that done the tunes in the 70's, 80's 90's :nod:

Went by the name of 'Slimboy Fat' :notworthy:

I was talking about exactly this at half time, shite songs mixed in shitey ways that don't even work. The worst of the lot is the one where he "mixes" Sex On Fire and Dakota without paying the slightest bit of attention to timing. If the club must have a mixing type DJ rather than a radio type DJ, at least get someone that isn't fucking shit at it.

I doubt there's anyone spending the first half thinking "hmmmm...I wonder what it would sound like if Rihanna was in The Proclaimers". Just play some tunes of the day, one after the other. It's no hard.

I bet the Proclaimers would love to be in Rihanna though :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Fir Park tannoy announcer guy,

All will be forgiven if you belt out the Champions League theme after we beat Rangers on the 31st.*

Cheers,

Jay

* - Assuming we're still looking alright for 2nd, and Rangers exist, and 'belting it out' won't cause the already shite sound system to explode.

Disclaimer: Before folk start greeting, I am aware that in reality it would be a bit of a bad move given we could then spectacularly fail to finish 2nd or 3rd, but it would still be fucking hilarious at the time.

• Like 8

Fir Park tannoy announcer guy,

All will be forgiven if you belt out the Champions League theme after we beat Rangers on the 31st.*

Cheers,

Jay

* - Assuming we're still looking alright for 2nd, and Rangers exist, and 'belting it out' won't cause the already shite sound system to explode.

Disclaimer: Before folk start greeting, I am aware that in reality it would be a bit of a bad move given we could then spectacularly fail to finish 2nd or 3rd, but it would still be fucking hilarious at the time.

Haha I read that as Fir Park tannoy announcer gay! Thought that was a desperate plea to get rid Jay