Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

I know I shouldn't, but I feel more optimistic going into this game against Celtic than I usually do with games at Parkhead.

We've been playing well of late, and there's always the possibility that Celtic will take the foot off the gas with the title all but won. A slim chance I know.

Am I right in thinking that Lasley is available for this game? If he is, he surely must go right back into our midfield?

I'd play the exact same team that started against Hearts, unless there's any injuries or suspensions that I don't know about?

Two form teams playing each other but I'm not holding out for much. I'd even consider 'protecting' one or two players who are very close to suspensions. As it is in Glasgow and we usually stuggle there I am going for a 3-0 Celtic win..............with our thoughts straight after going to the Dunfermline game. I think we have done enough in the league since our defeat at Ibrox for this game to pass, even in defeat, without too much concern*

*Well as long as it isn't a skelping.

I should note though that the last Motherwell League or Cup game in Scotland I couldn't attend was in April 2008. Score that day was Celtic 0 Motherwell 1. Mixed feelings of delight and annoyance that we had beaten Celtic in Glasgow and I wasn't able to make it. Due to work I am unable to make the game this Saturday. Hopefully this is an omen.

I wouldn't be resting anyone despite our record in Glasgow. We have got great momentum at the moment and that's something we can't afford to throw away.

Odds are stacked against us given Celtic's form but if there is any sniff of them adopting a complacent attitude, we need to capitalise. The way we are playing at the moment we should be looking to give a very good account of ourselves.

As long as McCall doesn't fanny about with a 4-5-1 after we have been playing so well with 4-4-2. TBH, with the smelltic playing the way they are, We will need a rub of the green to get a result.

As long as we go down with a fight, losing to the league leaders and the team who have won THIRTEEN in a row.

Head => 2-1 Smellies

Heart => 1-0 Good guys!

As long as McCall doesn't fanny about with a 4-5-1 after we have been playing so well with 4-4-2. TBH, with the smelltic playing the way they are, We will need a rub of the green to get a result.

As long as we go down with a fight, losing to the league leaders and the team who have won THIRTEEN in a row.

Im 100% with you there, wev been humped enough times that another1 wont damage us. What we do have though is a team with sky high confidence& currently scoring goals for fun. Dont mess about with tactics to play them, let them worry about us, give them both barrels with everything wev got. If they hump us, fair enough, we'l still be at least 9 clear of 4th

I agree. I may be mistaken, but haven't we seen McCall change things up when playing the Old Firm this season? Going more defensive?

Whenever I've seen teams getting anything off either of them, it's been because they went right for them.

We should do the same.

Exactly, and its important to remember that we are better than everyone whos taken points off them this season!

The final result on Saturday will be whatever Celtic want it to be. The only certainty is that they will win and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves beyond belief. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the SPL and the fact that they have won 18 (or whatever it is) games in a row fully supports that view. From our point of view, this game is a write off for us and we should be looking to the Dunfermline match a week later.

As for this Saturday, at worse: Celtic will beat us 7-0, at best: they will beat us 2-0.

• Like 3

If the game is a complete write-off and the team should be looking to Dunfermline a week later perhaps you'd want to let the poor fuckers who'll be paying 26 notes per skull know about that.

Regardless of how many games Celtic have won in a row, and how well they've been playing the team owes it to the travelling fans to at least go out there and give it a crack.

I don't think anyone is asking, or expecting, anything more than that.

going to be working on Saturday but I'm taking a young person to the game, the only down side I'll be sitting with all the celtic fans just hope I don't jump up out of my seat or do the Higdon when we score or I may get chucked out

It's actually with much sadness that I have made the decision to miss my first game of the season and give this one a miss.

I vowed after the way we were treated at the last game I would NEVER go back to Celtic Park and I am sticking to that.

You have to draw a line somewhere and when you are with someone in a wheelchair who had to suffer being called a dirty orange spassy b*****d by young kids being egged on by their fathers and when you complain to the stewards they laugh in your face then it is time to say enough is enough.

I hope we stick it to them and I'll probably regret not going but I don't want to experience the same again.

Do us proud guys and sing your hearts out, hopefully someone else will be there to capture it on camera.

Of course not, but the harsh reality is that we are no match whatsoever for Celtic. And I for one hate having to say that, but it's the truth.

Of course not. But from your regular predictions, you don't seem to think we are a match for anyone.

I would rest Lasley as he's a stick on to get booked & be suspended again. I would also just be happy to see the team give it a right good go the fans to sing their hearts out but hopefully no Union Jacks :doh:

Why would there be Union Jacks?

Of course not, but the harsh reality is that we are no match whatsoever for Celtic. And I for one hate having to say that, but it's the truth.

I think we will lose too but your point would be taken more seriously if you didn't predict defeats to the likes of Morton who are no match whatsoever for a team like us.