The Champions League Discussion Thread

sbcmfc

Few questions lads -

how much money would we get for getting into the Champions Leauge ?

i take it we would have 3 qualifiers to get through to get into it proper?

do you get money even for getting to the qualifiers?

What part of the Champions League? (Gave rough estimates on 2010 figures in the 2nd or 3rd thread).

No. 2 Rounds. The Third Qualifying and the Playoff Round.

Yes. See the 2nd/Third place thread!

i checked that out a couple of weeks ago.

going by how teams that followed that path this season were seeded we wouldn't be.

Ye was just checking that there and it looks like all the teams get lumped together and seedings depend on the co-efficients as usual. So you're not guaranteed anything just because you drop from the Champions League.

Ye was just checking that there and it looks like all the teams get lumped together and seedings depend on the co-efficients as usual. So you're not guaranteed anything just because you drop from the Champions League.

As a team we've picked up points over the last 5 years and with points added for getting into the Champions League, I'd like to think there is a good chance we would be seeded. Just not guaranteed.

Not sure i follow that Logic El-pidge. ( assuming rangers are out of europe )

If cup winners are from top 5 then we are already in europe. Since we have already secured top 6(5) finish.

If cup winners are out of top 5 ( hibs, Aberdeen, Ayr, St Mirren ) then we need to secure 5th place. With 27 points still up for grabs then we are a long way short of securing 5th place.

Did you forget about the 5 post split games??

Did you forget about the 5 post split games??

So if thats rangers out of europe, the rest of the top six stand to get in depending on scottish cup winners - so we are most likely 2 points away from guaranteeing european footy.

(both our posts say the exact same thing, your's is idiot proof, mine isnt...)

But yeah 2 points is completely wrong, I couldnt be arsed doing the maths

Worth bearing in mind, that all our rivals will have to play each other at least once more, so will all cut each others throats.

IF we do get the champions league place, I'd say you're looking at a near full house at fir park, plus tv money. Due to the nature of the draw (the possible outcomes are on page 1) we are almost guaranteed a glamour tie!

Then when (let's be realistic) we get knocked out, we will likely be up against a decent side in the Europa league play off round, which will be another big crowd at fir park, tv may depend on whether Celtic are in Europa league too, in which case, the tv would favour them I'd presume.

If we get in the Europa league, which is a big IF, then it's 3 home games, and presumably some tv money, and some sort of payment from uefa, based on how well you do.

Probably not, for 1 game?

When you think of some of the dumps of stadiums in world football (never been, but heard the San siro, although iconic, is a shithole), it's hard to believe that the seats having no back means you can't use them in Europe.

I wonder at what point a lip, becomes a back on a seat?

:lol:

I'm sure in Macedonia and Bari watching Scotland it was bin lid type seats?

As a team we've picked up points over the last 5 years and with points added for getting into the Champions League, I'd like to think there is a good chance we would be seeded. Just not guaranteed.

I suppose there is a slight chance of being seeded although qualifying for the Champions League doesn't make any difference I don't think as it's based on the previous 5 seasons... currently our coefficient according to the Uefa website is 6.728 (190th place in the rankings) so all depends if that's enough to be seeded.

Even glimpsing at this thread on the Club Chat page makes me nervous!

I'm putting all thoughts of european football to the back of my mind till at least post split.

I would be pretty devastated if after the season we have had we don't at least finish third TBH.

Even glimpsing at this thread on the Club Chat page makes me nervous!

I'm putting all thoughts of european football to the back of my mind till at least post split.

I would be pretty devastated if after the season we have had we don't at least finish third TBH.

Indeed. I'll not start celebrating/planning until we're home and dry...

Probably not, for 1 game?

When you think of some of the dumps of stadiums in world football (never been, but heard the San siro, although iconic, is a shithole), it's hard to believe that the seats having no back means you can't use them in Europe.

I wonder at what point a lip, becomes a back on a seat?

:lol:

I'm sure in Macedonia and Bari watching Scotland it was bin lid type seats?

I mean so they can get more fans in and more £.There must be about 1500 seats that can't be used because they have no backs, that's £30,000 + a game they're losing.Anyone any idea how much it would cost for new seats?

I mean so they can get more fans in and more £.There must be about 1500 seats that can't be used because they have no backs, that's £30,000 + a game they're losing.Anyone any idea how much it would cost for new seats?

How often would you fill them though?

Once, maybe twice?

Have we had a complete sell out?

I'm sure at Nancy and Odense games there were seats left in south stand??

I'm one of the ones getting ahead of myself here but if we were to qualify for the Champions League, does anyone know if it would be the home or away leg first? Or does it just depend who comes out the pot first?

Hearts couldn't play UEFA Cup or Champions League football at Tynecastle due to the pitch size, which has now been rectified. Nothing else.

Otelul Galati played in the Champions League this season and their ground has a smaller capacity than Fir Park.