The Champions League Discussion Thread

sbcmfc

img001.jpg

I used to work beside former well player Ian Kennedy and he would chat about this game, he always told me he played a blinder and had Johan Cryuff in his back pocket all game. Obviously researching the issue I found out Ian wasn't even in the team that day lol, further more dont even think Cryuff was on the books at Ajax. Was a good story tho

This is a conplete one off. I don't think an hour goes by at work without the champions league getting a mention. Enjoy it while we can.

Exactly, so on that note http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgomX3qD-iA Apolgises if this has been posted earlier in the thread. Can't wait to hear this belting thru the Fir Park tannoy. Wonder if it will manage the high notes.

I used to work beside former well player Ian Kennedy and he would chat about this game, he always told me he played a blinder and had Johan Cryuff in his back pocket all game. Obviously researching the issue I found out Ian wasn't even in the team that day lol, further more dont even think Cryuff was on the books at Ajax. Was a good story tho

Indeed… here's a complete rundown of Ajax's 76/77 season, including team photies.

What were his actual words though, it could have a bearing.

eg "I never put a foot wrong all game" - Aye cos ye werenae playing

"Cruyff was posted missing all game" - Aye cos he wisnae there :thumbup:

Cruyff was at Barcelona by that stage. However, the Ajax team was full of Dutch internationals, a number of whom played in the 1978 World Cup final (including their captain Ruud Krol).

• 1 month later...

If so I hope it is better quality material like the Canterbury tops and no the prison issue away top. It looks great and I like the silver/grey top, but even my old man who swithered over buying one tthis weekend, took one feel and decided against it.

It has to be silky smooth and if it is I will buy one...........

Not to put a downer on anyone's excitement :P...but you don't get to play the Champions League music in the qualifying rounds...only in the League proper.

If we made it that far we'd need to kidnap the Firpark DJ so we can safeguard it and prevent an embarrassing Proclaimers mashup facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Fantastic achievement! Well done Stuart McCall and every single player who has pulled on the Claret and Amber this season.

Achievement wise this is right up there with anything we have ever done.

Its gonna be a good summer!

• Like 4