Steelmen Online Well Society Membership

Andy_P

Steelmen Online Well Society Membership

There's obviously been a lot of debate on the forum about the Well Society. Like the majority of Motherwell fans we're supportive of the aims of the Society and we've recently made enquiries with MFC about the possibility of setting up a membership on behalf of Steelmen Online site users.

I'm pleased to say they've given us the go ahead.

The club are still keen for as many people as possible to become Well Society members in their own right of course – and they've asked us to remind you that you can pay an individual membership in installments you don't need to pay the full whack before the end of March - but it's been noticeable that whilst a lot of 'Well fans are eager to support the Well Society not all are currently in a position to do so. It's supporters in this situation we hope our plan will appeal most to.

At this stage we're keen to see how many, if any, forum members would be interested in getting involved and what kind of sums people would be prepared to put in. The primary target obviously has to be enough to go for the Steel level membership.

Further down the line there will be things to consider like the benefits package that comes with the Steel membership. We had enquired about spreading those benefits amongst those who sign up for our membership but the club have intimated for easiness they would prefer the benefits went to one individual. We would look to raffle in the same way we've done with player sponsorship prizes in the past.

There will also come a point where we will need to vote on stuff and we'll set up a sub forum for the members for any debate and discussion that's required before we decide upon any voting intentions.

Once we've got an idea of how many are keen and we get the necessary numbers to proceed we'll publish a paypal account for folk to send money to.

So...

Who's interested and how much would you be prepared to put in?

*** Contribute via Paypal to:- Andrew.Paterson9@btinternet.com Remember to mark your donation as a gift and include your username, real name and contact details***

*** For cheques and other methods of contribute PM me ***

• Like 3

Still gonna sign up myself though - hoping to do that in the next week or so. Would like to think and recommend that everyone else does the same and sees this as a wee add on for helping the club as opposed to an alternative to membership.

:thumbup:

• Like 4

Could we get one hundred people each paying £50?

Amber membership at an initial 5k outlay looks to be ideal for this board. There are lots of inclusive perks that could be shared out between the pack.

Each person could have a set number of bids and could choose what to bid for whether it be a signed match top or use of the corporate lounges.

The bids would go in a draw and the winner chosen from the entrants.

The more bids you put in the better your change of getting what you want. If only you bid it's yours etc.....

Could see that working if someone worked it through. I'd be interested in puting forward 1 hundred.

Just need another 98......

Amber membership at an initial 5k outlay looks to be ideal for this board. There are lots of inclusive perks that could be shared out between the pack.

The Board has just over 3,000 members so in theory that should be possible. It would require a contribution of £1.65 from every one of us. Not a lot. However quite a few members have joined in their own right; quite a few won't even be Well fans; there are some who are opposed to the Society; think they give enough already; some who can't be bothered; and yet more who rarely visit the site.

Is it possible....yes.

Each person could have a set number of bids and could choose what to bid for whether it be a signed match top or use of the corporate lounges.

The bids would go in a draw and the winner chosen from the entrants.

The more bids you put in the better your change of getting what you want. If only you bid it's yours etc.....

Could see that working if someone worked it through. I'd be interested in puting forward 1 hundred.

Just need another 98......

I'd chip in £50 for this

It would be good to open it up to whatever anyone could afford.

But using the annual player sponsorship model - each unit of £25 gets you a ticket for the raffle for each of the features of the membership..

So if ye can afford £50 - two shots at the raffle

if ye can afford £25 - one shot if you can afford £80 - it's 3 tickets for the raffle and thanks for the extra fiver.

The main thing is it's raising funds for the club via the Society in a way that allows folk that are behind the concept but dont have the means for full membership now - to chip in what they can

Five grand is not a paltry sum of money, if we are to get 100 x £50 pledges then those willing to chip in 2 x £25 pledges jointly should figure towards it. I'm not against a mass email going out to all members of the site with that proposition.

Unsure what the bids idea is, does your contribution count as a bid?

WIth the player sponsorship the prize at the end of it was I think getting the players shirt and the invite to the sponsors evening.

Each increment of £5 donated got you 1 chance at winning the prize so if come the end of Mr A had chucked in £20 he would have 4 tickets in the raffle, if B had chucked in £5 he would have 1.

Our prize is the benefits package that goes with whatever Well Society membership the generosity of the forum members allow us to purchase.

I'm sure Steve Diggle is using the same principle with his £25 increments suggestion. Chuck in £25 you get 1 shot at winning the benefits, chuck in £50 you get 2 etc.

The way I see it is fairly simple:

Each person gets say 8 bids.

Each feature e.g the signed strip is up for grabs.

If you fancy going for the strip you can enter one or more of your bids. The more bids the better chance you have of winning.

So you could either spread your bids across a number of the features or go all in for one thing.